Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Djokovic +275???

+275 to win Wimbledon? Great value bet or no? I honestly think he has a better chance than Roger...especially coming off of the loss.

I just don't see anyone winning other than Rafa or Djokovic as I think Roger "blew his wad" at the French Open.

Thoughts?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't say until draws come out, but as of now without draw info - I think everyone is about appropriately priced. +275 for Djokovic might even be short considering he's never been to a final here.

That's actually real short, I see him at +343 at 5Dimes.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-14-11 at 02:56 PM.

Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Can't say until draws come out, but as of now without draw info - I think everyone is about appropriately priced. +275 for Djokovic might even be short considering he's never been to a final here. That's actually real short, I see him at +343 at 5Dimes.
    OK I am 100% sure you will make fun of me for asking this, but what are draws or draw info?

EaglesPhan36

Draw = match-ups for the tournament as in who each player is playing and has the possibility of playing in the next round, etc.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

like who is seeded #1 #2 #3?ok thats what I assumed you meant

NickDiaz209

like who is seeded #1 #2 #3?ok thats what I assumed you meant

JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!

the draw wont play apart this year as joker, fed and rafa will beat anyone else,

murray cant beat the big 3 at grand slams and delpotro aint 100% match sharp yet.

the gulf between the top 3 and the rest is huge.

only delpotro has one of the last 28 majors, the rest won by mostly fed, nadal and a couple by joker.

out of the big 3 then id fancy fed and nole.

just pick 1 of the top 3 as i can see all in the semis at least so ull get a good run.
    Last edited by JohnnyRotten; 06-15-11 at 02:12 AM.

swiss88
    swiss88's Avatar Become A Pro!

At Wimbledon they make their own seedings, a "mix" between the ATP rankings and results on grass the previous years. It's the only Grand Slam to do that and today at 12 pm UK time they will announce the seeds.
    My guess for the the big three is Nadal #1 then Federer #2 and Djokovic #3 since Djoko never made it to the final in Wimbledon and never was impressive on grass except for a semi-final last year if I recall correctly.

swiss88

Nope I was wrong, it stays Nadal-Djoko-Federer in the top 3 no change in the seeding at Wimbledon for them. Actually I've just read on the official site that they have a point system to determine the seedings so I guess Djoko semi last year and Federer quarter final made the difference.

As for the ladies, Serena has not played since Wimbledon last year, yet she is seeded 8th.... And the worse for women's tennis is that she should probably be even higher... Same for Venus, she is seeded 24th and I'm just watching her dismantle Ana Ivanovic... It depends on the draw but we could well see an all Williams final, at least that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post
    the draw wont play apart this year as joker, fed and rafa will beat anyone else.
    The draw always plays a part. As good as any top player is, if his draw is loaded with dangerous guys - it is certainly a factor in determining if their futures price is worth a go.

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer wins wimbeldon easy this year

NickDiaz209

Quote Originally Posted by swiss88 View Post
    Nope I was wrong, it stays Nadal-Djoko-Federer in the top 3 no change in the seeding at Wimbledon for them. Actually I've just read on the official site that they have a point system to determine the seedings so I guess Djoko semi last year and Federer quarter final made the difference. As for the ladies, Serena has not played since Wimbledon last year, yet she is seeded 8th.... And the worse for women's tennis is that she should probably be even higher... Same for Venus, she is seeded 24th and I'm just watching her dismantle Ana Ivanovic... It depends on the draw but we could well see an all Williams final, at least that wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    With all due respect, who the hell would you rank in the top 3 besides Novak, Roger and Rafa? I love Andy Murray but he's not in the same league

kdoub
    kdoub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by swiss88 View Post
    At Wimbledon they make their own seedings, a "mix" between the ATP rankings and results on grass the previous years. It's the only Grand Slam to do that and today at 12 pm UK time they will announce the seeds.
    My guess for the the big three is Nadal #1 then Federer #2 and Djokovic #3 since Djoko never made it to the final in Wimbledon and never was impressive on grass except for a semi-final last year if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    With all due respect, who the hell would you rank in the top 3 besides Novak, Roger and Rafa? I love Andy Murray but he's not in the same league
    From the top quote, the top three was never questioned, only the order.

swiss88

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post

With all due respect, just re-read my message to understand what I was saying

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

one questions remained for me, how is his mental after that tough break at french open and exhauting 6 months winning streak? well, maybe pre-2011 djokovic still haunting me

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

My suspicion is grass will be the worst surface for the new Djokovic, since his defensive and low-error advantage over the rest of the field are least prominent there.

The other question is whether he returns to form, or spirals away a bit.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

for me djokovic on grass is yet unknown and unpredicted.
    He was never good on grass, but this year he is different, what i mean is he was never too much good on clay to beat Nadal in straight sets in two ATP1000 finals. I will wait for 1 or 2 games on Wimbledon grass and get better idea to see how much he got chance.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

+370 at BetFair anyway, no way can you take him at +275