Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

How serious is Djokovic wrist

Looks like he doesn't need surgery

Djokovic: "I just rest now. I cannot play tennis for some time. How long, I don't know. It's really not in my hands anymore."

Will he fully recover when the French Open starts?

lock up your Wawrinka French Open futures now, if he plays anywhere near the level like he did vs Cilcic and Ferrer, he was in beast mode, he's going to be back to back Slam winner

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to look at Wawrinka's draw first - I'm not sold on him based solely off this tournament. His play in between Australia and now was less than impressive with losses to guys that he should not be losing to if he's the guy people want him to be. French has always been tough for him too, so I don't think there's any sort of blanket statement you can make ... I know I am in the minority, but I never see a big advantage to locking up futures on Slams this early.

He could step out of his hotel room tomorrow and sprain his ankle and be hobbled for months. He could lose first round every tournament after this leading up to RG. Still a lot of time and I would expect that time will give Djokovic a chance to heal. A month is plenty of time.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

locking shit up is usually bad bet and u have to wait ages alot of thinks can change until then ive seen ppl lay huge dosh on futures like my friend had broncos lost and bruins which look shaky

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Bullshit, screw wawa..what this does is throw open the draw opposite nadal...Now some super long shot has more than a punchers chance.Obviously wait for the draw, but if DOG,Foghat or maybe 1-2 others..a future on "To make final" would be worth it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The stupid thing is Djokovic basically admitted he probably should not have played today - but is still worried about how the public perceives him when he withdraws from matches.

Shows you some of his psyche because it's been I think three years or so since his last retirement from a match due to an injury. There was a time certainly when he had a bad rap, but I think anyone who watched this week knew he wasn't quite himself.

Would really suck if he wound up fukking up a shot to play Roland Garros because of that. In all honesty, the only future that would be bumped up in my mind by this injury and what it potentially means is Rafa's.

He treats Roland Garros like a first born child. He'd kill to keep the title. If Djokovic is out or questionable going in, Rafa is going to be on more of a mission than he already is. I think he efforts for RG harder than any tournament and this is a guy who efforts nearly 100% for almost ever tournament.