Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Dmoneytx - LIVE at River Oaks ATP 250 Thread

Hello everyone I am Dmoneytx, long time poster on this site for a few years now. Some of ya'll know me, some do not, but I live, eat, sleep & breathe tennis, lol. I live in Houston, about 20 miles northwest (the good side, lol) & I will be going to the River Oaks tment, like I do EVERY year, almost everyday. I usually do not go on the semis & finals days, but I LOVE the qualies and the early rounds. Nothing like that feeling when Ivo sits down after beating Donald Young & I am on the first bench on Court 3, so I stand up and I lean over and I give Ivo a high five. He was still packing his shit up! LOL, that was so cool. I love the small venue at River Oaks, you walk into the pros all the time & the seats on any court (esp the outsides ones) are so so good (bec there are not many seats in the stands, lol). I know a lot of people here in Houston, I am going to try to get into the locker room again this year. Need to get my buddy Beefcake a Doo Doo Brown autograph I will be posting from live matches, just walking around & I will try to get some screen shots on here too of the players in action, I usually don't take a lot of pictures, but I will do my best. I am so freaking pumped up!!!

By having this thread, I am just hoping that some of ya'll can comment on the matches. Maybe ask for some advice or if you have some general questions I know that "I", as well as a lot of the other good good people in this tennis section would be very happy to help the best that I/we can. I think there is a lot of money to be made at River Oaks this week, even in qualies. I hope this thread will help a few people out. River Oaks 2014 is here, VAMOS!!!

Dmoneytx

What a match by my friend Garanganga I was actually posting when my phone died & I just now got to my ipad from my car, lol. I sat with my buddy David B, where Takanyi is staying & that was an awesome match to watch!!! He was up a break in the first, got broken at 5-4 and lost the breaker close. The second set, TK played solid & had chances to break for the set but he won it easy in the breaker. The third was a solid gut check. He got broken to go down 0-2. He then broke back & Nils just ran out of gas!!! I knew he had the match at 1-2, bec I really thought the only chance he had to beat my man TK was to go up 3-0 & serve big. When TK broke him, he looked demolished.. From there on out, TK ran him on a string, he had no chance. Garangana wins the next 5 games to win the third set 6-2! Good win for him, but no surprise here at all. I nailed that shit on my thread for two plays today at -125 & -150 Great way to start the tment at River Oaks...

TK is gonna go into the locker room for a bit he said. We are gonna go over and watch the Ginerpri match, heard it was in a third set. Might be a good finish. Gonna grab lunch with Takanyi after an hour or so. I didn't see any other lines I liked today except TK's that I was all over right when it came it. The weather is 72 deg, slightly windy & overcast, absolutely beautiful! Peace out..

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Gang-Bang-Orangutan... Love it!

Good intel D'Mo, interesting to hear (technically read, as it happens). Thanks!

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

More info the merrier my man, should be able to follow this week during the afternoon. Doo Doo play R.Williams first, would love him to win that and play Isner. You HAVE to watch that match if it happens!!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

good job Dmoney! Keep up the posts. If u see anybody pre-game not feeling well, let's is know as well! Have a great time

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Flashscore has garanganga plays kubler right now

Is he tired ?

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Wow 2 qualies 5 hours after the first for both players

Dmoneytx

What's up everyone??? Sorry Kenz, I brought my ipad back to my car after we ate. I had phone issues all day bec I didn't charge it the night before, lol... No, Takanyi was not tired, that dude can go for like 7 hours and not be tired.. I had no clue what that line was yest against Kubler, but TK played solid. Kubler had no chance IMO.. I had to leave after first set yesterday to come home. He was supp to play today for the last round of qualies, but it has been raining on and off here in Houston & they cancel today I think for all 4 matches.. There are NO lights at River Oaks, so no night tennis except stadium court.. They will play these out tomm morning (as long as the weather is good) and start a few early first rounders I think...

I will keep everyone posted the best I can, for sure. And yes, Matt, I will let ya'll know IF I hear or see something. I will not be out there all day, every day this week, but prob 3-4 days this week for sure. I hope the weather is good in the morning, my azz will be driving up there by 10am, only 30 min drive

Thanks Hard & Beef. I always do my best on helping anyone out, at least I try. And yes, Beefer, that would be a fukking awesome match, which Isner would win, if Brown gets thru his first round!!! I will def be attending that match if they meet up Wed I think in 2nd round. I will do my best to get that Doo Doo auto man, trust me...

Just wanted to say what's up & I will get back on here tomm to let ya'll know how the weather is in beautiful, hot azz, mother fukking Houston and if I head up to the matches for sure. BOL to ev1!!!

beefcake
    Update your status

Doo Doo first up today!!!

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Great thread! Keep those infos coming, Dmoneytx

Dmoneytx

Thanks Badger.. Just took all 3 kids to school. The weather here is overcast, around 55, which is chilly for us. It is kind of cool & I don't think the sun will come out today from the looks of it. Takanyi plays here in a few hours, I have a Dr appt for my foot at 11, so I am gonna miss that match most likely. I am trying like hell to get out there before Doo Doo starts his first match up against Williams R. I do agree with Beef on this match. Brown has been in crappy form, losing to guys he is way better than, he did get to Houston late, has had limited time on this quick "red clay" & Williams has points to defend this tment in Houston, he might come out gunning. Could be a good match bec of Brown's craziness. But this "clay" at River Oaks is very very thin & the players seem to hit winners on it much better than slow real red clay. Karlovic is always fun to watch, I think he plays Sock today, gonna have fun at that match for sure!!! Tough not to take Ivo or the OVER in that one, lol... I will be back later before I head out...

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Doo Doo first up today!!!
    Yes sir, 1:30pm my time brotha, I will be up there in a little bit

Dmoneytx

Damn, I JUST got out of ortho Dr and the match starts in 20 mins, arg! I am going to be late late, like second set maybe, depends on traffic. I am going to be out another 2-3 weeks with this fing foot, so I am moving slower than usual..

I cannot stay for the night session tonight, so I am going to miss the Querrey match (who the F cares, lol) and the Bags match against Gonzales. EP said Heritage is slamming Gonzales, so Bags might be the play in the late late match???

TOMORROW I am going to be out there all day, getting out there about 1-2 hours before the matches start. Today just sucked for me with a teenager coming home early from school bec of testing she already did & my foot appt with Dr. just now. Tomm I put a full day in out there... I will get back to ya'll when I finish watching Brown's match in a little bit. Adios...

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Dmoney, does this clay court play somewhat like a hardcourt? Take care, and have a goodnight!

Dmoneytx

Yes it does Matt. It is NOT like real clay man. The red clay here is THIN, very shallow, you can hear that when the players slide on it, almost sounds like they are sliding on "dirt", thin layer of dirt with something hard underneath it.. It is clay. But it def plays a lot faster than any clay I have ever played on (even here in Houston - it's usually the green clay, fairly thin as well) or seen for sure. The players can DEF hit winners thru this surface IMO... But it is just slow enough to give that extra half second for defense, but NOT like the time we see the players have for defense when playing in Europe or in France, not even close IMO..

Traffic blows!!! But Brown still hasn't gone on yet, hoping I make the start of that match. Then Sock/Ivo up next, hell ya!!!!!

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Why was Simon -180 to a nobody? Vegas needs a bullet to the head for these mistakes

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    Why was Simon -180 to a nobody? Vegas needs a bullet to the head for these mistakes
    Bec he was SO bad in his last match, he should of LOST to a nobody... But that -180 was pathetic & I missed it bigtime..

He has to go thru qualies this tment, that is something I didn't think I would see, maybe ever, lol!! Maybe he didn't sign up in time for this tment & had to go thru qualies. But his form has been poor & I think that is why Vegas set that line under -200. He really was lucky to win that second set last match & then he cruised in the third..

Dmoneytx

Somebody I just ran into, another guy who teaches here in Houston, said that Sock was BOMBING his serve yesterday in practice!!! The one thing I love about Sock is that he LOVES to play the crowd. HE talks to people on the side randomly, like a rec player - lol, he is a very hard worker for sure! He just makes some dumb decisions when in a rally sometimes. He should improve on that for sure! We all know Ivo has the freaking Nuclear serve that is something to see live if ya'll haven't seen it. It's loud, lol!!! Man, I might have to roll with an OVER in that match bec Ivo can't return for SHIT!!! Sock should have no problem holding serve this entire match IMO.. Even when the rally starts, he has the advantage big time over Karlovic, hello!!! I ALSO think Ivo will serve bombs today. He likes the tment A LOT & he will give a huge effort today without question. IF he is serving good, I see breakers in 2 or 3 sets, I know it's sharp, but when my buddy said Sock had been murdering serves yesterday AND the fact he is in the US with a ton of support, but the over has a great shot to hit IMO.. I am also going to take Sock I think on he ML bec if he can break that huge serve just one time, I think he wins the set bec Ivo should not break back. I think both are a good play, leaning towards the over maybe....

Just a quick thought, get back in a little bit...... I just got here & Brown is already up 5-1, lol!!! Damn, at least I get to see the second set in the Stadium court, pretty cool bec only 2500 seats, no bad seats really...

Cappinpicks

Crowd has to make up for the two shit ryans

Dmoneytx

Crowd has to make up for the two shit ryans
    LOL!!!! Someone just told me that Harrison is about to lose qualy final, ouch! I am saving my phone for posts and texts from my chica

I am assuming you mean Ryan Sweeting & Mr Harrison?? LOL, they love Sock here though man. More than I saw them loving on Sweeting, I was here that whole week when he won, it was sick man.. They love Sock for sure & the crowd will be cheering for him bigtime..

I think this is the match of the day today honestly. I hope that Sock picks himself up & plays this crowd and has some fun. I think he can push Ivo all the way today & we might see an awesome 3 set match, hoping for a good one bec the Brown match I am watching now is boring, lol....... Doo Doo has this match for sure, Williams is sucking hard today...

Cappinpicks

Harrison and Williams

Cappinpicks

Benelmans just fixed a 6-1 5-2 lead and lost

beefcake
    Update your status

If what you say is true about the clay.Then I would cap these matches like a hard court and give players with speed and defense the edge that can serve.Did not watch brown, had to run errands and we have all the dam fukking rain here in NC that you guys had 1-2 days ago.But man if brown can serve lights out and possibly convert the 1-3 chances he will have on Isners serve than he has more than a punchers chance in that match.Expect brown to be a +250 to 3-1 dog there.

Dmoneytx

Harrison and Williams
    Rhyne, Ryan, lol... of course

Benelmans just fixed a 6-1 5-2 lead and lost
    Harrison dearly holding on for life after the break at 4-5, lol. Third set breaker maybe???? LOL...
    Last edited by Dmoneytx; 04-07-14 at 04:06 PM.

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    If what you say is true about the clay.Then I would cap these matches like a hard court and give players with speed and defense the edge that can serve.Did not watch brown, had to run errands and we have all the dam fukking rain here in NC that you guys had 1-2 days ago.But man if brown can serve lights out and possibly convert the 1-3 chances he will have on Isners serve than he has more than a punchers chance in that match.Expect brown to be a +250 to 3-1 dog there.
    The clay is super thin man. It is clay, but the ball skids sometimes... Brown was murdering the ball & rushed net over and over. Awesome I do agree with you on the Isner match, I will be in full force for that one bro, will send pics as well.. Brown will be around +275 range huh?? Isner at -350 prob... Might want to watch that handicap line come out, hmmmm.....

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

This is like a hard-court sprinkled with fairy-dust.

Dmoneytx

Ivo canno win a second serve point, it is unreal... I sware to God if you take away Ivo's serve, I really really think I could beat him for sure, no joke... Dude has zero backhand, none... At this level, that is unreal....

Sock won the first set in 18 mins, wow.. He had 2 break chances, got em both. Second set Ivo just got broken at 1-1. Match is over...

Glad I covered my over with the Sock ML, will only lose 20 bucks on this. Damn, I really thought I would of had a shot to win both for sure. Sock making Ivo look like his little biotch, lol...

PS. This Sock match "could" be under 40 mins, holy shit... lol..

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    This is like a hard-court sprinkled with fairy-dust.

That is kind of close Hard, for real.... The clay is SO thin, I think you can almost see what's under it, lol. Not really, but the clay is super thin...

Dmoneytx

Just so ya'll know, it started pouring rain here in Houston. I just took the kids to school & I can see blue skies in the distance. It will NOT be raining long. I am still going home to get ready to go up to the tment early today. This rain will blow over, it just made it a bit cooler and it was 55 already this morning. Chilly for us in Houston, but really nice weather for sure!!! I think the rain will be gone in an hour or so. I don't see this affecting the start of the singles today...

Dmoneytx

There are only 6 singles matches today, ugh!! I think tomm will be the bomb ass day, taking my new girl out with me Looks like 3 matches on Court #3 today & 3 matches in the Stadium Court for singles. I have NO interest in watching gay azz fukking Hewitt, I have seen him play a match like every year here in Houston & I am bored watching that old guy try to win a match, looks like he runs a marathon every time he finishes, win or lose. The final match in the Stadium is the Lopez match. So I am gonna just stay till the end of the Johnson match & then skip the night session. I should be out there by noon, first singles match at 1pm my time, CST...

Just looking at the card today for singles, I have to throw some leans out there real quick. I will put a play or two up on my thread before I leave. I have to think Gimeno-Traver gets it done today, maybe even the -4 games bec Russell has been playing a TON of tennis & travelling a LOT. He just got back from Mexico & I know he is a Houston guy, local, but he has got to be out of gas here soon and will find it really hard to fight long and hard against an experienced clay courter who has a good draw. I also like Johnson in the later match this afternoon bec he might be able to hit winners thru this surface with his forehand & if he gets that serve going, holy crap it will be tough for Kudla to beat him. At -175 or -180 is not a bad play maybe.. I hate Hewitt, so I am not touching that match & I really think Lopez will attack on this surface and it will be tough action George for Ginerpri to steal that match tonight, at -235 I really like Lopez tonight..

If anyone has thoughts on the Becker match or the Harrison/Young match, let me know. I will send a few posts down at the tment & let ya'll know if I see something or how the weather looks, bec that might favor a few players being slower, damp, overcast and cool....

Peace out!!!

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Hey, Money! Have you seen Ramirez Hidalgo playing in the qualies? Did he look any good? He is a typical dirtballer and imho, not a very good one. On this slightly faster surface, Becker could force him to run for his money and at least cover that spread...

I totally agree with you on Lopez. He should get through here smoothly. Not sure if I like Gimeno Traver though. It is a tough line. No value there.
    Also leaning toward Johnson. Kudla is not in very good form and I see him as a player, who loves those very fast, low bouncing surfaces, like grass for example. Johnson bit more versatile, I think and also he dominated him just recently on some other tournament.

I am also thinking about a play on Young +3. Not impressed with Harrison. Young is often a fade material, but recently I have seen some positive things from him on court. He is playing better and his attitude on court doesn't stink like earlier... I see him as a better point constructer then Harrison and that is pretty important on clay.

Good luck with your plays today!

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Hey, Money! Have you seen Ramirez Hidalgo playing in the qualies? Did he look any good? He is a typical dirtballer and imho, not a very good one. On this slightly faster surface, Becker could force him to run for his money and at least cover that spread...

I totally agree with you on Lopez. He should get through here smoothly. Not sure if I like Gimeno Traver though. It is a tough line. No value there.
    Also leaning toward Johnson. Kudla is not in very good form and I see him as a player, who loves those very fast, low bouncing surfaces, like grass for example. Johnson bit more versatile, I think and also he dominated him just recently on some other tournament.

I am also thinking about a play on Young +3. Not impressed with Harrison. Young is often a fade material, but recently I have seen some positive things from him on court. He is playing better and his attitude on court doesn't stink like earlier... I see him as a better point constructer then Harrison and that is pretty important on clay.

Good luck with your plays today!
    Fukking great post HB! You nailed it man IMO... I might have to rethink my Traver play bec Russell does get pumped for HIS hometown tment. Ya know what, wouldn't surprise me to see him give 8,000 % this tment & then pack it in for awhile after Houston prob losing a bunch of first rounders. Hmmmm....

I am so agreeing with you on Johnson. Kudla does like those fast surfaces and now that I think of it, the clay might give Johnson time to run around for his inside out forehand more & that is a deadly weapon, his forehand is so big... Good point there man.

Harrison has been a joke so far in this tment thru qualies. IF Young ever has a chance to beat Ryan, it has got to be in a spot like this. I agree with you, might be good value in that plus games for Donald. I usually never play Young, but Harrison should of lost in qualies, twice already! Good point there man for sure... 5D doesn't have game line yet, +3 might be a good play ESP if Harrison sucks Young steals the first set...

Lastly, no, I have not seen Hidalgo play this tment. I know he is older. This surface is faster than any clay I have seen. You are right man, Becker might have a good chance to pull an upset here, I am going to check he plus games on his match as well. Thanks for the post man, drop by anytime. Good luck today!!

Dmoneytx

Hey Badger (or anyone) if you can get a live feed for Court #3 in Houston, the DO have a camera on the roof of the Clubhouse that allows feeds to use to watch Court #3 online. I usually go to Fromsport.com and from there u can get a TON of live matches and feeds from all over the world, I use it for tennis a lot. IF you get the feed, I will be on the FIRST set of benches with my feet on the ground watching those 3 matches today. I will be like 10 feet from the court surface brotha. I will be wearing my SAN FRAN 49ers hoodie & my grey Niners hat backwards, LOL!!! I rep all year long sir

It would be funny as fuk if ANY one saw me on the side Court today watching. It is the only other court they have at River Oaks besides the Stadium that has a camera on it. Just thought I would throw that out there. Gotta run, heading out..

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Fukking great post HB! You nailed it man IMO... I might have to rethink my Traver play bec Russell does get pumped for HIS hometown tment. Ya know what, wouldn't surprise me to see him give 8,000 % this tment & then pack it in for awhile after Houston prob losing a bunch of first rounders. Hmmmm....

I am so agreeing with you on Johnson. Kudla does like those fast surfaces and now that I think of it, the clay might give Johnson time to run around for his inside out forehand more & that is a deadly weapon, his forehand is so big... Good point there man.

Harrison has been a joke so far in this tment thru qualies. IF Young ever has a chance to beat Ryan, it has got to be in a spot like this. I agree with you, might be good value in that plus games for Donald. I usually never play Young, but Harrison should of lost in qualies, twice already! Good point there man for sure... 5D doesn't have game line yet, +3 might be a good play ESP if Harrison sucks Young steals the first set...

Lastly, no, I have not seen Hidalgo play this tment. I know he is older. This surface is faster than any clay I have seen. You are right man, Becker might have a good chance to pull an upset here, I am going to check he plus games on his match as well. Thanks for the post man, drop by anytime. Good luck today!!
    Thanks for the anwser.

You have a great point there for Johnson. Clay will allow him to go around to his forehand more often and he really likes to do that. His Backhand is very mediocre, but he does have a crazy whip on his forehand. Similar to Sock's. If he can dictate the points with his favorite shot, he should not have problems here.

And regarding Russell-Gimeno Traver match. Case can be built for both sides. That is why I am probably going to skip it. There is a lot of other matches today, so there is no real need to get involved into this one...

fcmb
    fcmb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6189

Hey!

I know that courts there are faster than european clay & that Mr. Muscle is playing at home.

But..

Muscle just came back from Guadeloupe( he had his last match there on 5th of April) where he played 4 matches, all were 3 setters..
    Muscle also played just 8 matches on clay in 2013(2-6) , while clay is Gimenos favourite surface where he played 44 matches in 2013(he was 27-17).

Gimeno is more fresh, he arrived in Houston on 4th of April and was training and had time to adjust on this surface. He also has played already 6 matches on clay(3-3) in this season.

"Muscle" is fighter but Daniel is simply stronger at the current situation.

So advantage to Daniel imo..

1234 ... Last