EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

A place for picks and tennis discussion. When time allows, I will try to have some small write-ups on matches, when it doesn't - the picks are all I post. Come see my balls on display. I don't proclaim to be any sort of expert. I simply enjoy the sport and like researching stats and angles.

Fade. Follow. Be on the right side of the choke ... because they're coming sooner, later and always.

12.29.13/Play #1: [ATP BRISBANE] Querrey +100
    Querrey admitted that 2013 was somewhat of a lost season physically and mentally. Physically, nagging injuries kept him from being consistent and mentally - a breakup with his fiancee took its toll from the Summer through to the end of the season. He spent the break completely away from tennis which is either a blessing or curse for players. Through his trials and tribulations last year, I think it is the first - a blessing to clear his mind and heal his body. He has talked openly about feeling like his career is half over and that he simply wants to enjoy the game more. But, he still talks of moving back into the Top 20, so the competitive juices are there. Tursunov had a nice resurgent season. It is interesting to note he missed the Australian swing a year ago recovering from injuries and has rarely been healthy or enjoyed success in this early season swing.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

what do you think about kerber vs mladenovic?

EaglesPhan36

Could not say. Have not looked one bit at WTA. I tend to only bet WTA during Slams and some big events, otherwise ATP is better for me to find info on in the long run.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

So your tennis play should win I saw odds + money I ask because I know nothing about tennis and looking to make a wager

EaglesPhan36

12.30.13/Play #2: [ATP CHENNAI] Sela -120
    The Israeli Champion, yeah that is a real thing apparently, is up against Lacko. The plus for Sela is that he played competitive tennis in December to become the Israeli Champion, yes a real thing! He whipped Amir Weintraub 6-1, 6-0 about ten days ago to claim that title. Sela mowed through outdoor hard courts on the Challenger circuit in 2013. In the past year, he is 36-11 on this outdoor surface. He has played Chennai the last couple of years with a 3-2 mark, losses to Paire & Raonic. Lacko has had solid moments on this surface and is capable. He played very well in Doha & Auckland to start last season. I think a slight edge with some match play albeit against some crum bums - for Sela.
    Points Awarded:

Tmuston Beltics gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ClutchOnandWin

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

Good start of the season EP

Querrey just won.... 1 to zip for EP

GL and keep postin' them picks.

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yay... Fades!!!

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call on the resurgence of Samantha Querrey. Mind me asking where you found that information on him going through personal issues last season, from?

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    The Israeli Champion, yeah that is a real thing apparently, is up against Lacko. The plus for Sela is that he played competitive tennis in December to become the Israeli Champion, yes a real thing! He whipped Amir Weintraub 6-1, 6-0 about ten days ago to claim that title. Sela mowed through outdoor hard courts on the Challenger circuit in 2013. In the past year, he is 36-11 on this outdoor surface. He has played Chennai the last couple of years with a 3-2 mark, losses to Paire & Raonic. Lacko has had solid moments on this surface and is capable. He played very well in Doha & Auckland to start last season. I think a slight edge with some match play albeit against some crum bums - for Sela.
    Holy.

http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/ind...ukas-rTLjhvGk/

Masses on Lacko.

Injury? Hmmmm. Barely anything separating them interms of actual talent. Lacko the bigger serve. Sela beat him at this tournament a few years back 7-6, 7-5

Such a difficult call but the fact Sela won that Israli tournament and has had match practise is putting me off Lacko.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
    Good call on the resurgence of Samantha Querrey. Mind me asking where you found that information on him going through personal issues last season, from?
    I usually do simple google searches on players I am interesting in. Also check Twitter and their personal websites if they have one. Won't always help if there is nothing new about a player, but often to start the new season - there are some preview stories on some of the "names"

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ty. I was going to bet on Lacko, but after finding out that Sela is a fresh Israeli Champion, I had to change my mind. Can't bet against champions!

ClutchOnandWin

Excellent call on Sela, especially since it went against the majority call. The info on him winning the... Israli Championships during christmas was priceless.

EaglesPhan36

Nice to start with some wins!

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Nice start EP! Looking forward to future picks and discussions my friend. Good luck on the rest of your plays for today!

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Strong start EP. Good job.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Well played Sir – all hail, king of the Jews!

EaglesPhan36

12.30.13/Play #3: [WTA AUCKLAND] Konjuh +415
    Spot play in the Vaginal League. Konjuh just turned 16 a couple days ago, but this Croat has the game to catch Vinci if she is flat. By all accounts, this is a teen to watch. She won the Juniors singles titles at the US Open and Australian Open in 2013. She made the semis at the Juniors Wimbledon & French Open, so she has an all-court game. On top of that, she has some big match experience against WTA tour level players from the Fed Cup. She beat Urzula Radwanska in a three setter on a hard surface. Vinci is off & on to start seasons over the past few years. She's definitely a tricky vet & deserving favorite. However, with the star quality Konjuh looks to possess and the motivation she should have to make a mark to start the season - taking her at big odds is a smart shot for me. This is slated to start about 12:30am ET.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Spot play in the Vaginal League. Konjuh just turned 16 a couple days ago, but this Croat has the game to catch Vinci if she is flat. By all accounts, this is a teen to watch. She won the Juniors singles titles at the US Open and Australian Open in 2013. She made the semis at the Juniors Wimbledon & French Open, so she has an all-court game. On top of that, she has some big match experience against WTA tour level players from the Fed Cup. She beat Urzula Radwanska in a three setter on a hard surface. Vinci is off & on to start seasons over the past few years. She's definitely a tricky vet & deserving favorite. However, with the star quality Konjuh looks to possess and the motivation she should have to make a mark to start the season - taking her at big odds is a smart shot for me. This is slated to start about 12:30am ET.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Wow what a call on Konjuh. I got in there when odds were @3.4 so didnt get as much but big upset

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great call man!

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Tailing you from now. 3-0 with 2 big upsets and one @2 odds.

EaglesPhan36

12.31.13/Play #4: [ATP DOHA] Davydenko -120
    One of the Russian's favorite tournaments. He's 25-9 here and only lost once in the 1st round. Brands played well here last year, but did have the benefit of working through qualis. This is a crapman's delight - as either guy can tank with the best of them. The Donkey had problems staying healthy at the end of the season - pretty much his M.O., but he has been a fast starter traditionally. Although this falls into crap shoot territory, going to pin the tail on the Donkey with a slight edge in one of his favorite tourneys.

ClutchOnandWin

Class.

Only I wasn't around the capitalise. Had ya posted it earlier. Waaaa. lol

Kidding. Slick call.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Tailing you from now. 3-0 with 2 big upsets and one @2 odds.
    Two??

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

omg

EaglesPhan36

Donkeyed. Meh.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Wow EP sure wish I would've seen you had Konjuh! Had Vinci as a last leg filler for a couple parlays - sure screwed me big time! They weren't huge parlays or anything, so nothing crazy was lost. The sad part though is that I would've put Konjuh in one and the spread in the other, which would've made the payout pretty massive! I suppose I need to study up on WTA more - for some reason I thought Vinci was usually pretty consistent like the top girls, but I see she's just another Kerber or Stosur or Lisicki, losing to lesser talent they should easily beat. I suppose it's only safe to stick with Serena, Sharapova, Li, and A-Rad.

Edit: On second thought, perhaps it's better to just stay away from WTA for easy parlay fodder!

EaglesPhan36

Yeah generally outside of Slams & Serena, WTA large chalk is fairly insane to include because of the lack of consistency. Only way I like to use WTA chalk is maybe following a hot hand in a tournament, but even then it is tough.

It is tough to find big dogs with reasonable chances to win, but some of these early tourneys give you a better shot IMO because some players prep much better or have much higher motivation.

EaglesPhan36

OFF THIS PICK OF PLISKOVA ... Weather issues in Auckland. Chance of rain. Wind. Better off skipped IMO.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 12-31-13 at 04:29 PM.

EaglesPhan36

12.31.13/Play #5: [ATP BRISBANE] Dimitrov -160
    It's the battle of guys with new coaches. Dimitrov took on Rasheed. Cilic took on Ivanisevic. Cilic may indeed be the better guy by the end of the season, but I think the prep for Dimitrov with Rasheed has him in a tad better shape right now. He worked hard for the last six weeks on conditioning with Rasheed. He's made that a big part of his 2014, being able to compete in five setters in Slams .. better. Both were solid in their openers with both serves holding the entire match. Dimitrov has gelled with this tournament in the last year ... run with him until it's not a good option.

EaglesPhan36

12.31.13/Play #6: [WTA BRISBANE] Pavlyuchenkova +190:

ClutchOnandWin

Querrey is still a mong eagle, don't buy any of that shit he says in interviews, he certainly doesn't mean what he's saying. No guts.

EaglesPhan36

Fortunate I played the broad at a book that has to have matches go complete for action, so a push. Hehe, some good luck to ring in 2014.

EaglesPhan36

Yuck. Already have to learn the gut rule ... trust it. Thought about Cilic first, but as is custom with tennis betting - talked myself off him and to the losing side. Happy New Year any way fukksticks.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Hey EP, just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year. Thank you for your tennis insight. Always appreciated it. Rooting for you to slam the books in 2014. Cheers.

1234 ... Last