Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Little frustrated today, bec I was a third set tiebreaker away from a perfect sweep of 3-0 & +2.55 units!!! Still, winning almost 1 unit today was well needed after Andujar blew my only play yesterday. Will be posting early lines tonight for tomms matches. BOL to ev1

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Clear your head and I'm sure you will go on a nice run soon interested in seeing who u like to tonight Bol

Dmoneytx

Thanks SBR23. I have gone on some crazy runs before. And I have lost some plays that never ever should of lost. That's tennis for ya. I stay very disciplined with my wagering ammounts, so I'm looking to be positive in the long run. It's a marathon, not a sprint. For me anyhow. BOL to you as well sir....

Dmoneytx

Overall Record as of 4/26:

Parlays (2-2) -0.19 units
    Straights (0-0) 0.00 units

Dmoneytx

4/27
    Play #1

Ito -350
    Mannarino -140

Total = apprx +113
    1u / 1.13u

Dmoneytx

Write Up for Play #1:
    As I have mentioned earlier, Ito is a player that earns a living down here on the Challanger level. He has a big serve and solid groundstrokes. He has been playing very well the last few tments & should be able to ride that to a good result today. He has 24 wins for the year already & I really expect him to make at least the semis this week in this event. His opponent, King, was out for over 3 months. This is his first tment back & he has won two matches. But Ito is in a different class than those players & King will have to bring his A game for sure here to make this a match.
    Mannarino is a streaky type of player. When he gets hot, he can be a very very solid player. He had a tough start to the year, but he took some time off for an injury probably & he has had played really well this week. He has served especially well & produced a lot of break opportunities. He could make a deep run in this tment for sure. Authom on the other hand, does better in doubles than he does in singles. Both matches that he played this week, he has gone a long 3 sets. He is also playing doubles and winning as well. So he might be a tad bit fatigued. He is barely getting by players like Fischer and Grigelis. My gut tells me that a confident Mannarino is the better choice here against a doubles player who has spent a lot of time on the court already this week.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Hopefully a good day in tennis with not so many upsets this time.

Dmoneytx

Play #1 - CASH IT

Ito fought off 12 aces and managed to get 20 break points in this match, of which he only broke 5 times, to win in 3 sets 7-5, 3-6, 6-3. I am really impressed that King was able to put up such an effort for almost 2.5 hours. Ito was able to get the break early in the third & held on for the rest of the set.
    Mannarino won routinely in straight sets 6-3, 6-4. He was broken twice, but managed to break Authom 4 times. I was shocked at the value we got here with Mannarino. This was one the books defientely missed. And we will gladly take it.

Demonata

Good hit man.

Dmoneytx

4/27
    Play #2

Verdasco -170

Total = -170
    0.5u / 0.30u

Dmoneytx

Play #2 - PUSH

Well, Nishikori needed to bring his A game today to keep up with Verdascos good form & home court advantage. In the end, it didn't matter. Kei retired in the first set with a back injury. Too bad he didn't do it right after the first set to give us the win. Verdasco broke him early & after one dose of treatment, Nishikori called it quits.

Dmoneytx

Todays Record 4/27:

Parlays (1-0)
    +1.13 units
    Straights (0-0) 0.0 units
    Last edited by Dmoneytx; 04-27-12 at 01:41 PM. Reason: took out push, will not be recording pushes

Dmoneytx

OVERALL RECORD as of 4/27:

Parlays (3-2) +0.94 units
    Straights (0-0) 0.0 units

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    I am really impressed that King was able to put up such an effort for almost 2.5 hours.
    I laid off this match due to way this Kiwi appears to have been going all week here. 6 matches and only 2 sets he ended with less than 6 games, and disposed of Sugita like he was the qualifier in Rnd 1! (and I think Sugita is near as solid as Ito and Soeda)

I want to put a watch mark down for him, but would like to know where the performance came from. He has hardly won a match above Futures level in years!

Dmoneytx

I have no idea where this King - Turner started playing this inspired tennis. He has been out for over 3 months. I am shocked to say the least bec it looks like he plays as much doubles as he does singles. I saw Ito in Houston twice & he has some pretty solid groundstrokes. So if King hung with him for that long, his groundies must be better than what his record indicates. He MUST have a good serve bec all of his sets played coming back from injury have been close sets 7-6, 7-5, 6-4's. I agree with you, he hasn't done much of anything in his career above the Future level. It's not like he's a kid or anything. He's 27 years old. His serve was just really clicking this week. One match with 16 aces, 12 against Ito. Maybe one to watch for in some early round upsets bec he will get NO respect for awhile I suspect.

Optional

Jimmy Wang was almost as surprising the way he came back after a lay off in January at Burnie. Wonder if it's partly the break and refreshed mind that helps these 'older' players come back well.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

What you guys thinking about KERBER/KVITOVA ? I want Kerber to win but my money is on Kvitova.....Kvitova is a lot more solid and much more heart than Woz or Kerber's other opponents.

Demonata

I like kvitova a lot man. She has had no problems and is a fighter. Plays hard for every point. Strong serve and good winners. Love the price for her. Kerber is going to finally end her run today. Kvitova the better player hands down.

Dmoneytx

I just got in, didn't see the posts. I know its over now, but I agree with D for sure. Kvitova is a hell of a fighter & as far as ball striking is concerned, she is superior than Kerber. But these women are tough to bet on for me. I have seen the strangest & most unpredictable things happen on the WTA tour. If you bet on ANY women, Good Luck!!! I will only put them in a parlay from time to time, I learned the hard way

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kvitova pounded lil' Kerber today with that serve and those groundstrokes. Kerber has got loads of talent though. Look forward to seeing her go deep rest of this year. She's also a cutie too

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    I just got in, didn't see the posts. I know its over now, but I agree with D for sure. Kvitova is a hell of a fighter & as far as ball striking is concerned, she is superior than Kerber. But these women are tough to bet on for me. I have seen the strangest & most unpredictable things happen on the WTA tour. If you bet on ANY women, Good Luck!!! I will only put them in a parlay from time to time, I learned the hard way
    +1

And only bet women when they are dogs. Exploit the unreliability.

Dmoneytx

Good win on Kvitova today D! Should of tailed ya on that one. ARG. I might not have many plays for tomm, looking at board now. BOL to ev1

Dmoneytx

Nice call on Kvitova D! I should of tailed ya on that one. ARG. Might not have many plays for tomm, looking at board now.
    BOL to all of us

Dmoneytx

4/28
    Play #1

Simon -700
    Ferrer -250

Total = apprx -166
    1u / 0.6u

Dmoneytx

4/28
    Play #1 - Write Up

Simon is an extremely solid clay court player who has proven he can beat some of the better pros on this surface. He made the semis last week in Monte Carlo (played Nadal tough) & should have a ton of confidence coming into this match. With the exception of losing a set to Kubot, he has looked really solid this week as he did last week. Bachinger has played very well this week, but he will need to do more than that to give himself a chance. Simon is a player who does not make a lot of mistakes. Bachinger has not really played a true clay court player yet this tment, so this will be his first test. I look for Simon to be in the final.
    Ferrer is probably the second best clay court player in the world to Nadal in my opinion. He plays with a fire & passion that many players do not have. He is at home in this tment, so he will receive a lot of support from the fans. I expect him to give a massive effort today to give himself the best chance to get into the final. Raonic played great against Murray, but Murray is not a Ferrer in my eyes. Roanic served really well & hit some amazing forehands. But I have already seen him this year play some really average tennis on the dirt. If he plays like that, Ferrer will jump all over him today. He will need to bring his A game today to make this a quality match. This is Ferrer's best surface, I like him to get through today in a close one.
    Last edited by Dmoneytx; 04-28-12 at 04:52 AM. Reason: changed heading

Dmoneytx

4/28
    Play #2

Fognini -300

.55u / .19u

Dmoneytx

4/28
    Play #2 - Write Up

Fognini has won three matches here this week & although they have all been really close, the important factor here is that they are wins. This guy just plays different when he wins matches & starts to believe in himself. He has actually played really well since his 3 month lay off after the Australian. He has beaten three fairly good players this week actually. Fognini is extremely talented & I hope he brings his A game today to try to book a spot in the final. Balazas had not even won a match on the ATP level up to this tment. He has had an amazing week by going thru qualies. This will be his seventh match in seven days. The fatigue has got to wear in at some point. Besides, the three players he beat in the main draw this week were not very strong players in Malisse, Starace & Lacko. This will be his toughest test by far & he is goiong to need everything he has got to make this a close match. I look for Fognini to give himself a chance to steal this tment.

Dmoneytx

Update for Play #1: Simon was serving for the first set & got broken. He got the break right back and closed out the first set. He broke early in the second and again to seal the match. Simon wins 7-5, 6-2 & is into the final. We now have Ferrer at an excellent price & we will wait for him to close our parlay.

Hurley1085
    Hurley1085's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice work thus far...I just started following your thread. How do you feel about Azarenka v Radwanska?

VikesPhanatic84
    VikesPhanatic84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4921

Take the over 20 in azeranka match imo

Demonata

Thanks man. Kvitova is a beast. Telling you she is the best player in WTA in my opinion. Ya man good job on Simon now hopefully Ferrer can hold up. I'm on a kvitova Azarenka parlay myself. Best of luck to us.

Demonata

I don't enjoy watching Raonic at all. All he does is serve fast. Boring. Ferrer actually is better to watch.

Demonata

When I play tennis I hate playing against people with powerful serves. So hard to return.

Hurley1085

Azarenka looka like $...glad. Lets talk Kvitova v Sharapova...so close to call who do we like here?

Hurley1085

Azarenka looks like $! Let's talk Kvitova v Sharapova..who do we like in this too tough to call match, stay clear?

First 12345 ... Last