basket33
    basket33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

USA bettors and live betting, trading and betting exchanges

I’m just interested when will you people discover live betting, I mean it completely revolutionized the sports betting. Around 70% of my bets is on football (soccer) with asian bookmakers which offer almost all football leagues for live betting and with big limits (they offer even funny leagues live such as 2nd division from Easter Europe, Egypt, united Arab emirates, reserve leagues form premier divisions of Europe, tournaments of which you will never know exist and similar...), many betting opportunities... Other 30 % of my bets is on NBA and tennis which I also bet live with betfair.

For example on NBA betfair offer every game live(money line, handicap and totals) other European bookies also offer live NBA but not every game, and they have interested special bet like who will score first 20, win 1qater and similar. But betfair is the main thing why I ask this, since games are played very late in European time not to much liquidity.
    I’m mean when USA players will be allowed to use betfair, much much more liquidity will be there and you will se what it means to bet live and trade games, especialy trading, it is simply great (for example you back under 210 pints at 1.95 (-105 us) odds after couple of minutes it look like a low scoring game and odds for under 210 points are 1.33 (-300) so now you can lay (sold your bet at this lower odds) and here is sure profit for you, you can put it all on under and lose nothing on over or take a equal profit on both sides or whatever you wont.

Also this betting xchanges that accept usa players wsex and matchbook seem to not attract to much attention by you guys because not too much people interested and liquidity is probably low but they charge only 2% commission which give you a great odds.(betfair charges 5% but if you trade a lot of money they can be lower to 2% max)
    And after pinnacle left usa market your only choice is bookies with terrible -110 (1.91) odds.
    As I seed football is what I bet the most and odds are 1.96 (-104) on handicaps and totals which give me bigger profits.

Just to say that is much much more easier to make money betting live and trading or at least using betting exchanges for better odds because those are the three great thing they offer.
    Last edited by basket33; 08-02-08 at 04:43 PM.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

shut up

incite
    incite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live In Play

Quote Originally Posted by basket33 View Post
    I’m just interested when will you people discover live betting, I mean it completely revolutionized the sports betting. Around 70% of my bets is on football (soccer) with asian bookmakers which offer almost all football leagues for live betting and with big limits (they offer even funny leagues live such as 2nd division from Easter Europe, Egypt, united Arab emirates, reserve leagues form premier divisions of Europe, tournaments of which you will never know exist and similar...), many betting opportunities... Other 30 % of my bets is on NBA and tennis which I also bet live with betfair.

For example on NBA betfair offer every game live(money line, handicap and totals) other European bookies also offer live NBA but not every game, and they have interested special bet like who will score first 20, win 1qater and similar. But betfair is the main thing why I ask this, since games are played very late in European time not to much liquidity.
    I’m mean when USA players will be allowed to use betfair, much much more liquidity will be there and you will se what it means to bet live and trade games, especialy trading, it is simply great (for example you back under 210 pints at 1.95 (-105 us) odds after couple of minutes it look like a low scoring game and odds for under 210 points are 1.33 (-300) so now you can lay (sold your bet at this lower odds) and here is sure profit for you, you can put it all on under and lose nothing on over or take a equal profit on both sides or whatever you wont.

Also this betting xchanges that accept usa players wsex and matchbook seem to not attract to much attention by you guys because not too much people interested and liquidity is probably low but they charge only 2% commission which give you a great odds.(betfair charges 5% but if you trade a lot of money they can be lower to 2% max)
    And after pinnacle left usa market your only choice is bookies with terrible -110 (1.91) odds.
    As I seed football is what I bet the most and odds are 1.96 (-104) on handicaps and totals which give me bigger profits.

Just to say that is much much more easier to make money betting live and trading or at least using betting exchanges for better odds because those are the three great thing they offer.
    Several weeks ago I commented on the benefits of understanding how rewarding Live In Play can be. Unfortunately, the euro books are the ones that offer the features that allowed me money making opportunities. In Play allows for a varity of options where money can be made. I knew I was done making money from gambling when the U.S. access to the euro books was outlawed. The conventional method of placing a wage where a particular team will win or loose prior to the start of the event is shear crazyness. That feat is a suckers proposition. I'm not saying that In Play is a cinch, but it increased my chances for success. The main reason European style Live In Play is not used in the U.S. is because the U.S. books know their system in its current format (minus true Live In Play) will continue to take the suckers that play to the cleaners.
    Last edited by incite; 08-02-08 at 07:19 PM.

ilJuve
    ilJuve's Avatar Become A Pro!

How exactly do you go about trading or selling a bet? It sounds stock exchange like but I can't really see the angle. Can you elaborate further?

ilJuve
    ilJuve's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks it does. Can anyone tell me why this better or not than a typical book? Or is it just the exchange factor?

basket33
    basket33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

You can find all about trading here www.laytheodds.com

fotzan
    fotzan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ilJuve View Post
    thanks it does. Can anyone tell me why this better or not than a typical book? Or is it just the exchange factor?
    Because the exchange companies do not make the odds. You bet against another bettor. The company makes a 5% amount of any bet played withoun interfearing into odds...The betors make the odds and you bet against the will of another betor.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

WSEX is not an exchange. WSEX is a stiff book. They owe people going back to 2009. Stay away.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

So how could i do this if i live in the U.S. and these exchanges are for not U.S.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    So how could i do this if i live in the U.S. and these exchanges are for not U.S.

emigrate

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

yes this is obviously a very lucrative betting medium with so many amateurs over-reacting to ever goal, point, wicket etc but the problem with this for me is threefold

a) it is illegal to bet live online where I live
    b) most of the action is late at night or in the wee hours of the morning here
    c) one must have access to live coverage which is pretty well instant .. unfortunately not the case for me

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Good originated thread from 2008. Holds very true today.

Why use this thread to bash WSEX Chuck?

BTW thanks for introducing me to WSEX.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    emigrate
    I would if the payoff was worth it

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    Good originated thread from 2008. Holds very true today.

Why use this thread to bash WSEX Chuck?

BTW thanks for introducing me to WSEX.
    Read the thread and then you have your answer.
    Last edited by Chuck Sims; 01-17-11 at 01:33 PM.

macb
    macb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

Chuck has lost it.