betchi
    betchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

WARNING: The Story Of how BETUS stole $1495 from me

This is a warning to all posters that play or will play at BetUs these people are thieves and will use every excuse not to pay you. There is two issues they had with me that they tried to use not to pay me.

I made a thread about ISSUE #1 here

Let me start from the beginning. (for those who have not read my previous thread)

On Oct 24 2010:
    I open an account with BETUS to take advantage of there 100% bonus. I ask on chat if I ever had an account with them (see exhibit A) they tell me no. I always do this when I open a new account at a book just in case they try to void my winnings or bonus later.

On Oct 24 2010:
    I make a $500.00 ***************. I read some horror stories on here (SBR) I decide I rather not take the bonus. (was too late to cancel my deposit). So everything is okay at this point and I make a few bets.

On Oct 25 2010:
    I make one bet NEW YORK GIANTS +3 +110 $500 to win $550.00

On Oct 26 2010:I make two bets MIAMI Heat -2 $550 to win $500 and 2TEAM PARLAY BLAZERS -300 LAKERS -300 To win $500.00

So now I have an account balance of $1450 here is where issue #1 begins.

I log in on the 27th of October to my online banking and notice that the e check bounced because it was made out to $500.03 and there was just $500.00 in the account. I use this checking account for gambling mainly so never have extra funds in there. So of course now betus has closed my account and took away my winnings. They told me to make sure I have the $500 to cover the check no one mentioned to have an extra $1 since it won't be a whole number.

So I contact jason here at sbr (nice guy btw) and he helps me out and betus agrees to pay me if I can produce a statement showing the mistake. My statement does not come out till the 11-10-10 so I have too wait 2 weeks before I can get them the statement.

On Nov 10th 2010: I provide the statement to BETUS (see exhibit B) and they review it and agree that they made a mistake and they tell me they will pay. I contact them about getting a payout and they tell me to send in the $500 first before I can take out the $950 in winnings. This right here should have been a warning that something is not right. So I agree to send the money in.

On Nov 15th 2010: I go to the ** and send in my $500 I contact BETUS and give them all the info and they tell me my account should be activated within the hour.

Here is where issue #2 begins.

I contact BETUS to find out if the $500 was credited to the account they tell me there is a problem and to contact STAN. I contact STAN and like clockwork he beings to tell me that there is an account from 2007 opened using the same address but different name. I ask STAN what's the problem and he tells me it is $1500 negative (funny how it is negative almost same amount they owe me) I ask STAN how is it negative but he will no tell me and tells me I need to pay that up. He laughs in my face and calls me a liar he even asks me when I can send in the extra $50. The supposed account from 2007 is not mine or nor in my name. He claims its a relative of mine. Even so which I highly doubt why should I be responsible for there debt. I like how they reeled me in like a fish and waited till I send in the $500 and as soon as I did they tell me about this other account. They also were very demanding that it was sent using ** or **.

So who knows if there is another account or not it should not matter as it does not belong to me. In 2007 I was pretty young doubt I knew about the gambling world. BTW that STAN guy the things I can say about him

So this is how I got screwed by BETUS.

$950 they owe me in winnings
    $35 NSF I got charged because of there mistake
    $500 I sent in like a fish to cover my deposit
    $10
    fee to send **

$1495
    Total screwed by BETUS

EXHIBIT A

EXHIBIT B

betchi

I am not even that made about the $950 it's the $500 they made send in that extra $500

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please tell me the bounced check was not an attempt to freeroll the book, this seems highly suspicious especially with a previous debt on the account.

Not saying that BetUS is not a bad book but this just seems like a charge back type scam. Send them a rubber check take a few all in shots if you win send them the money if you lose let the bounced check ride and eat the small bank fee.

Honestly if you lost all your balance before the check bounced would you have sent them the $500???

betchi

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Please tell me the bounced check was not an attempt to freeroll the book, this seems highly suspicious especially with a previous debt on the account.

Not saying that BetUS is not a bad book but this just seems like a charge back type scam. Send them a rubber check take a few all in shots if you win send them the money if you lose let the bounced check ride and eat the small bank fee.

Honestly if you lost all your balance before the check bounced would you have sent them the $500???
    previous debt is on a different account they claim. i sent in the $500 for the $500 freeplay but changed my mind after i seen stories on here about rollover problems

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why did you max bet your $500 account balance?

I am sorry if this was not your intention but this is highly suspicious books face scams like this all the time with bounced checks and credit card charge backs and with your address having a $1500 outstanding balance

Send Justin7 a PM and tell him about your situation and he will try to help you but this looks bad.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Your complaint is still open. Let me see if I can work this out with them.

betchi

I have money spread out in all books so $500 was just in that book and that's what I normally bet. I doubt there was any other account ever open under my address and it's funny to me that it's the same amount they owe.

betchi

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Your complaint is still open. Let me see if I can work this out with them.
    thanks jason I doubt they will do anything they laughed at me on the phone so I am considering this a lesson learned that when you see others poster warning you not to play at shitty books don't

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some other guy had same complaint about 500,03 check i dont know in which thread.
    I think this is their intention,if you loose they say ok,if win then they cancel your deposit.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

betchi- how long have you been at your current address?? rommates??? are you doubting their claim?

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post
    Some other guy had same complaint about 500,03 check i dont know in which thread.
    I think this is their intention,if you loose they say ok,if win then they cancel your deposit.
    Other places round up w/ odd cents as well however, the final charge (incl. the few cents) is always shown summarized before you hit the "confirm" button.

If BetUS if in fact adds extra to the charge after you confirmed an amount (no matter how insignificant that charge my be) it's on them and is actually fraud BTW.

They cannot charge you any more than what you agree to.

betchi

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post
    thats me this is the same issue

BChrisB

Why did you ask them if you ever had an account with them in the first place? I'm just curious. Who lives at your house who gambles? etc, etc.

This raises up an entirely new point in which I'm curious about.

If there's a previous account, whether matching your email, address, etc, etc, but is in an entirely different name yet you open an account and verify yourself. Can they really take your money because there's a match in address from an unverified person? I'm sure they do, but is it legal?

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate this book on a cellular level and will never play there again myself.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

something doesn't sound right here, but anyway betus behaves like a scam

betchi

Just to clear a few things up.

1. I ask if I had an account before because I always do this when taking a new sign up bonus because you never know you might have signed up before for a contest or a freeplay or to check out the software and you don't want your winnings voided due to it being a ''sign up bonus''

2. Almost all my cousins,uncles,brothers gamble that's where I learned. Many used to live with me. Even if one of them had an account before I don't see why I should be responsible because just the address is the same. I pretty sure they have credit card debt too at my address but that does not mean I owe the credit card money. See what I'm saying.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betchi View Post
    So who knows if there is another account or not it should not matter as it does not belong to me. In 2007 I was pretty young doubt I knew about the gambling world. BTW that STAN guy the things I can say about him
    On both possible explanations - them trying to scam you, and you trying to freeroll them - the fact that the earlier debt is $500 and your 2010 deposit is $500 seems more than mere coincidence.

Did you live at the same address in 2007? Who lived with you? Most books have rules against multiple accounts at the same address, so I can see why there's an argument for tying the debt to your account. If you didn't live there in 2007, then just produce some evidence to show that, and there's no basis for them attempting to attach the $500 debt to your account.

[Edit: I've bolded the important bit to respond to your most recent post re not being responsible for uncles, etc at your address, and to show why this is different from your credit card analogy.]

BChrisB

First off, I went to betus and checked their *************** page and there's no mention of rounding cents or anything of the sort.

If the amount said $500 when you pressed the confirm button and they charged you $500.03 thats on them. PERIOD. You might think it's only a couple of cents but .09 cents cost me $800 dollars once.

I honestly feel that whether you had an outstanding balance or not (if it was you or someone else) and the account wasn't in your name, then your not liable. Funny how they only want player verification when you want to withdraw. They aren't too concerned about who you really are when you deposit (this is where most the fraud takes place to begin with.)

Im sorry, but I don't side w/ betus on this one.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very messed up story.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have never played there

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

Why didnt your Bank just charge the overdraft fee and cover the 3 cents? Makes no sense, somethng definitely fishy about your story.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

I use a separate checking account for instant deposits too, but I always keep an extra $100 in there to avoid what happened to you. Accident or not, I think you're screwed because your *************** e-bounced.

ndntarget
    ndntarget's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont think he tried to freeroll them as he had 500 in his account before he did th ***************. with most my deposit even *************** or cc they always charge a different amount then what u want to deposit but its never been more then what i wanted to deposit. its always a few cents less and the book or poker room eats the few cents. if anything i would think they would of charged u 499.97 for ur *************** but they went the other way and added a few cents. i think its pretty messed up and hope the best for u but i doubt u will get anything from betus

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by ndntarget View Post
    if anything i would think they would of charged u 499.97 for ur *************** but they went the other way and added a few cents. i think its pretty messed up and hope the best for u but i doubt u will get anything from betus
    you would think that would be a no brainer for a book to do. that way this could never happen as you either had what you said you had or you didn't. by charging more than what the customer requested and not informing him of that can not be the fault of the customer.

ndntarget
    ndntarget's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    you would think that would be a no brainer for a book to do. that way this could never happen as you either had what you said you had or you didn't. by charging more than what the customer requested and not informing him of that can not be the fault of the customer.
    i agree and i never been charged more then what i requested. its always been a few cent short.

chunnnn2010
    chunnnn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

that book should be downgraded to Blacklist immediately

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Why didnt your Bank just charge the overdraft fee and cover the 3 cents? Makes no sense, somethng definitely fishy about your story.
    Because banks have become just as bad as some of these shady books. Even the so called "reputable" banks will reject a charge for a penny and charge you 35-40 dollars. It's common now, bankers are scammers too nowadays.

BChrisB

When he said they were very pushy for a ** or ** for the second $500 that should have been the biggest red flag right there.

I know many of you are advocates of **/** transfers, but he's an example of how it can work against you. Once it's received, you have no recourse.

I'm the biggest advocate of prepaid VC/**'s.

They work, cheaper than **/** fees, and their disposable. Average fee is 4.95, no filling out forms, no giving names, no worries.

P.S.
    Just never throw the card away, you might need a copy of it for withdraws ... even though it's technically disposable they'll still want to see a copy of it.

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

so is there any updates?

betchi

i am not sure if justin got an update but last time I talked to them stan laughed at me. as far as the bank about the 3 cents I think a new law past a month ago or so not allowing bank to cash checks if there is no money to cover I think not sure may just be hsbc policy.
    the ** is what I am really mad about because I can not do anything to get that back so they took $500 out of my pocket

betchi

called stan today no answer

betchi

I see betus monitors these threads because as soon as I posted that I called stan I got a call from them right away. So now that I got your attention why don't you guys just pay me my $1450 and take up the debt you claim to have with who ever owns you that.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

are you really clueless as to who owes them the debt? have you asked anyone who has lived with you? im not saying betus is in the right here. but are they making the whole debt from same address thing up?

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    are you really clueless as to who owes them the debt? have you asked anyone who has lived with you? im not saying betus is in the right here. but are they making the whole debt from same address thing up?
    Glad you asked because I was wondering it myself. If I had a family member who lived with me who owed money to a book that now won't pay me because of his/her debt. I would be on the phone to everyone in my family figuring out who the hell it was.

You would have to know. Plus you said you had uncles and cousins who you used to live with you who taught you how to gamble. Usually when gamblers converse, they share who they bet with. This is one one void of the story that doesn't add up.

Please elaborate Betchi

betchi

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    Glad you asked because I was wondering it myself. If I had a family member who lived with me who owed money to a book that now won't pay me because of his/her debt. I would be on the phone to everyone in my family figuring out who the hell it was.

You would have to know. Plus you said you had uncles and cousins who you used to live with you who taught you how to gamble. Usually when gamblers converse, they share who they bet with. This is one one void of the story that doesn't add up.

Please elaborate Betchi
    im pretty sure one of them did but the first name they tell me does not sound right. I don't know if they owe them money or not but its like a credit card you know I am not responsible for there debt on that even I see them getting bills here all the time. i already considered this money lost just taught it was funny how fast i got the phone call back. if betus decides to do the right thing ill be more then happy to post on here but if not what can I do right

12 Last