THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Betonline-new software

Mine kicked in today. Have a ton trouble getting in , although they say there is no problem. Finally got in through IE. Old software was simple..........this looks very busy and my first try only gave me 7 PM games. I am also on reduced vig, and this is not showing up, although they say this will be corrected.
    Ahhhhh.........I don't know, I liked the old, I was very used to it.

THE HITMAN

Trying my darnest......still can't place a bet. Not much happening when I punch stuff in.

THE HITMAN

Finally got a couple of very small test bets in............phew ! But, by far the most work and mesmerizing of any book I 've ever had.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

The lines wouldn't refresh for me, no matter how many times I pressed the refresh button, then I try to bet and it tells me I can't because the line has changed.............new software sux..............they need to fix asap.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

these guys just have to shoot themselves whenever possible. Old software was much better. I really don't like to play where there is not a multi-sport page. makes it too difficult to refresh everything when u have to check so many pages.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

will have to check it out today

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't work with Opera. Does work with Firefox. Allow people a choice between old and new version until beta testing is completed.

katstale

exactly

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    It doesn't work with Opera. Does work with Firefox. Allow people a choice between old and new version until beta testing is completed.
    This....although it was working better for me this morning

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I'll just give some beta feedback.

MLB games are shown on Opera browser, but can't be selected to bet on. Meanwhile, on Firefox, for MLB: "There is no Game open for betting now. Please visit us again later."

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

It sucks balls.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I'll just give some beta feedback.

MLB games are shown on Opera browser, but can't be selected to bet on. Meanwhile, on Firefox, for MLB: "There is no Game open for betting now. Please visit us again later."
    Not good. I'll ask if Alex can add a button to the old version until the software stabilizes.

BetOnline
    BetOnline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7835

Change is always a challenging thing; thanks for the input and for perservering as we get through the launch stage. Having both UIs up was not an option for us, hence the baptism by fire....

We've been working on correcting these issues as we come across them and so most should have been sorted. Feel free to ping me if you come across any other issues and I'll get them addressed.

Remember too that you may have a cached page in your browser, so hit the old CTRL + F5 to refresh.

Also, wagers of any size are being accepted by phone: 1-800-238-5808.

Cheers

Alex

THE HITMAN

can't get baseball to screen me tonight's games. At noon I could only bring up the first game or two. Even now, tonight's games are nowhere to be found (by me anyway).
    Did a small $20 test bet on Minny this afternoon. I swore it went through. Now it has disappeared, not pending.
    Glad some or you other guys agree somewhat. I thought it was just me.
    Personally, I vote to add a prompt to give us the choice of using the old system, which I find a ton and a half easier to navigate. Even (the lacking) BetUs offers the choice of the old software............which has been changed out to new for probably a year now.
    Hope they straighten some of this out, as basically I like the book.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Pretty slick design. Firefox now ok, but still not working in Opera.

Beta:
    There could be 'butterfly ballot' problems. The MLB page has RL, ML, and total in three vertical columns. But the odds for the runline are placed right next to the selection box for the moneyline, and much closer to that that box than the odds for the moneyline. It's visually confusing, and would be much clearer with separators between these three columns.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-15-10 at 01:40 PM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

More stuff.

There's a line that's -112/+102. When I try to bet the +102 the software will take the bet. But when I try to bet the -112, the software tells me that the line has changed to -120. A line change can happen, but when I go back to the +102, it still takes that bet.

On firefox I can only see straight bets. No parlays etc.

The moving colum on the left doesn't allow me to scroll down to see the bottom section of that column, because it is programmed to float down in the same direction as the scrolling.

katstale

I still like the idea of listening to the players. Change for change sake never makes any sense. Old is better.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Why mess with a good thing?This will cause me to bail out of Betonline

THE HITMAN

Quote Originally Posted by THE HITMAN View Post
    can't get baseball to screen me tonight's games. At noon I could only bring up the first game or two. Even now, tonight's games are nowhere to be found (by me anyway).
    Did a small $20 test bet on Minny this afternoon. I swore it went through. Now it has disappeared, not pending.
    Glad some or you other guys agree somewhat. I thought it was just me.
    Personally, I vote to add a prompt to give us the choice of using the old system, which I find a ton and a half easier to navigate. Even (the lacking) BetUs offers the choice of the old software............which has been changed out to new for probably a year now.
    Hope they straighten some of this out, as basically I like the book.
    Well, Minn won the game and I don't know what happened to my wager on
    them. I thought it was in. Not much cash on my part, but a little irritating.
    What was much more irritating, borderline aggravating, was the 30-45 minutes wasted last night dealing with service rep/manager Ricky. I told him my problem and they made me go through all the steps again, did you sign in right, what is to the left of the box, sign in again, etc., etc. I told them I did that 4 times already, that's why I am talking to you. He couldn't understand it, says the new system is working perfectly and that I should get a local computer service technician to come out & check my computer ! I mentioned that 20 other sites are working just fine.
    I would have not been so irritated if he just told me that the system isn't right yet and to hang in there til it's fixed.

BetOnline

Hey Hitman; give me a ring on 1-800-977-4717, ask for Alex, so we can talk about it quickly, if you can.

BetOnline

Thanks for the details, Dark Horse.

THE HITMAN

alex...called at 6:36 and you were gone for the day. No big deal, man. Shoot me an answer in this thread if it's not too personal, K ? Thanks, I still love you guys, been with you since '02 or '03, Bestline days.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

Will the new software grade futures correctly? Or is that still open to selective stealing?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

HedgeHog, I don't remember you as a troll, but you seem to insist on profiling yourself as one recently. Why would you enter a thread for no other reason than another opportunity to spill your venom?

HedgeHog

How is it trolling? BOL made a blatant attempt to defraud future bettors. I'm just calling them on it. You of all people should understand this. Perhaps your opinion is clouded because you have an account with these crooks.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

My IE hangs completely in the new site, Firefox seems to work. Dont like having to load so many pages and get a look at basketball, hockey and baseball.

Give me something like the Greek, plain ol' text screen, pick as many leagues as I want, and fast to load.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    How is it trolling? BOL made a blatant attempt to defraud future bettors. I'm just calling them on it. You of all people should understand this. Perhaps your opinion is clouded because you have an account with these crooks.
    The issue was resolved, wasn't it? That would be a good thing, by the way.

If you want to stink up the joint, that's up to you, but to come into every single BOL thread with the same statement, regardless of the topic, is probably not the best forum etiquette.

This thread is about new software, and giving a book a little feedback to get it right, and, sure enough, this troll pops up its ugly head again. I know you're not like that, so it's not personal. You're just acting like it. For some reason.

Do I have an account at BOL? Not really. We both ended up 1K richer in the past few days. They were kind to me, and I returned the favor. Nothing to write home about, but a better use of time than sh*tting all over them over one dispute that has already been resolved, don't you think? BOL, BTW, also means best of luck. And that is what I wish you.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

why are posters still playing at BOL?

they are thieves!

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

another site has an article about some new owners at BetOnline who used to own/manage BetOnSports.

can we get some clarification on that?

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Do dimelines go up to 190? Worth betting there?

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

i dont like it at all, i like the old version

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll

Working better for me now.........seems like they are starting to get some of the bugginezz out of the softwarez

HedgeHog

[quote=katstale;4102001]I still like the idea of listening to the players. Change for change sake never makes any sense. Old is better.[/quote]

Agree. Take BetPhoenix for example. IMO, the old software is easier to navigate than the newer version. Luckily BP still allows you to choose between the two.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

works ok for me

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The interface is interesting, but I'm still not sure I have enough confidence to play there.

123 Last