Cyntax
    Cyntax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Pinnacle limit players too

Take a look at this: My friend Henrik can bet 5041 sek on WTA tennis.

But I can "only" bet 3601 sek:

5041 sek is about $700 and 3601 sek is about $500.
    I am into surebetting, my friend Henrik is not.
    As you can see Henrik has higher limits on "Maximum wager" (Game spread, Match odds and Total games) too.
    So, Pinnacle are limiting professional players?
    How much is your limit on WTA Sony Ericsson Open R2?
    Anyone else noticed this?

/Cyntax
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 08:52 AM.

kiwi
    kiwi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since a long time it is known that Pinnacle accounts can have different limits. But normally it is not the case that limits will be cut because of the betting behaviour but limits are already different when the accounts are opened and then don't change anymore.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try another game closer to the top and I am sure you will be able to bet double that amount. As it gets closer to the start of the event I am sure the limits will be raised.

Cyntax

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Since a long time it is known that Pinnacle accounts can have different limits. But normally it is not the case that limits will be cut because of the betting behaviour but limits are already different when the accounts are opened and then don't change anymore.
    What?
    So it is just a random coincidence that determines the limit you get when you open the account? Why does Pinnacle do that? Whats in it for them?

Okay, I can understand if Pinnacle would give different limits to players from different countries. Lets say a russian player would get lower limits on russian soccer than a player from Sweden. But the swedish player gets lower limits on swedish sports than the russian player.

However, it's not the case here, since both me and Henrik are from Sweden.

I know the limits are raised closer to the game start.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    Try another game closer to the top and I am sure you will be able to bet double that amount. As it gets closer to the start of the event I am sure the limits will be raised.
    Cyntax - Were those screenshots taken at the same time?

As Chopsticks points out, the limits are sometimes increased as it gets closer to the start of the match.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

My WTA limit is $3000 (21600sek), however it's never changed since the account opens. Individual match limits are just a fraction/multiple of the event limit.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe your friend henrik is good friend with pinnacle owner

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by Cyntax View Post
    What?
    So it is just a random coincidence that determines the limit you get when you open the account? Why does Pinnacle do that? Whats in it for them?

Okay, I can understand if Pinnacle would give different limits to players from different countries. Lets say a russian player would get lower limits on russian soccer than a player from Sweden. But the swedish player gets lower limits on swedish sports than the russian player.

I know the limits are raised closer to the game start.
    I see no harm in asking Pinnacle for an explanation. You needn't name your friend.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

if you just use them for surebets of course they will limit you, because they 100% are going to lose money with you, they accept pro money but they are not stupid.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can max your limit again if the line moves by the way. I suspect that if you were to drop 5000 SEK on that line it would move a couple of points. If the line is still decent you could lay another 5000 SEK on it.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Pinnacle offers default limits to everyone. They go higher based on player profile.

hanziman
    hanziman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1659

Is this a secret "take M.J. Martinez Sanchez" lock bet?

Cyntax

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Cyntax - Were those screenshots taken at the same time?
    Yes. Me, Henrik and "awea" (I think thats his nick here) were chatting in MSN and comparing odds etc. Then we discovered this. As you can see the odds are not the same on both the screen shots. The reason for that is that one of us placed a bet (full limit, it was a surebet). The screenshots were taken with just a few seconds between.
    We updated the lines and doubled checked too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    As Chopsticks points out, the limits are sometimes increased as it gets closer to the start of the match.
    Yes, we know about this. I wager up to $15k some days. I think I knew everything, but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    My WTA limit is $3000 (21600sek), however it's never changed since the account opens. Individual match limits are just a fraction/multiple of the event limit.
    No red circles, indicating a lower limit?
    When I checked now my limit is 7202 ske ($1000).
    Quote Originally Posted by nenad View Post
    maybe your friend henrik is good friend with pinnacle owner
    Yeah. I belive he is banging the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I see no harm in asking Pinnacle for an explanation. You needn't name your friend.
    I will!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    if you just use them for surebets of course they will limit you, because they 100% are going to lose money with you, they accept pro money but they are not stupid.
    I thought Pinnacle did not work that way. I thought Pinnacle just tried to match players bets and just "win the wig"? I was maybe wrong?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    You can max your limit again if the line moves by the way. I suspect that if you were to drop 5000 SEK on that line it would move a couple of points. If the line is still decent you could lay another 5000 SEK on it.
    As you can see the odds on Sanchez dropped from 1,800 to 1,775 after Awea placed a 3601 sek bet. No surebet after that. = no more play.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Pinnacle offers default limits to everyone. They go higher based on player profile.
    So, you say it's more likely Pinnacle thinks Henrik is a sucker at betting, thats why they raised his limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by hanziman View Post
    Is this a secret "take M.J. Martinez Sanchez" lock bet?
    *ssshhh*
    Last edited by Cyntax; 03-24-10 at 10:49 PM.

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I've had 1.4x the default account since the day I opened my account. Figured it had something to do with an affiliate link or something I must have clicked. Works for me!

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

No red circles, indicating a lower limit?
    Yeah, sure, but afaik those are just a fixed % of the event limit.

I don't think that % varies between accounts - eg in your two screenshots both of you guys have 1/6th on the particular match highlighted, just the two accounts have different event limits at the top.

Looking at atp/wta now, I have $3000 moneyline event limits at the top, with no circles for most today, a few with 2/3. For tomorrow's matches, it's still on 1/6th. When they open the lines, I think they use 1/12 for a short period (their opening lines are often pretty soft, but at those limits they don't care).
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 03-25-10 at 09:38 AM.

kiwi
    kiwi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know that different Pinnacle accounts from the same country/region can have different limits. I didn't observe though that Pinnacle decrease the limit of an account because of betting behaviour. Another fact already mentioned is that of course limits of an event are getting higher towards the start time - but that has nothing to do with the different limits of different Pinnacle accounts.