DoubleEM
    DoubleEM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wagering at Pinnacle as an American

I was thinking at some point it may be worth the effort to wager at books that don't allow Americans, particularly Pinnacle & BetFair. I decided to explore the ways to do this. Here is an e-mail from Pinnacle: (they responded in 12 minutes, btw)

Hi,

I know you aren't active in the American market, but are you able to accept American players that are residing outside of the United States? If so, what do I need to provide to open an account?

Thanks.

Dear Client,

After careful consideration, Pinnacle Sports made the decision to voluntarily exit the U.S. market 11 January 2007.

This means Pinnacle Sports does not accept clients who reside in the USA, nor should clients with residencies outside the USA initiate wagers from the USA.

This decision was given much thought by the Management of Pinnacle Sports and one we do not anticipate changing.

If you are an American residing outside the USA you can open an account from your new country of residence.

Kindly note that you may be required to submit a proof of ID which consist of the following documents:

1) A copy of your picture ID (passport /driver's license)
    2) A copy of a utility bill with your name as proof of address (Bank statements are not accepted as proof of address)

We appreciate your interest in our site.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports

So to clarify, Americans ARE allowed at Pinnacle. You just can't make bets from within the US. The biggest hurdle is you need a foreign address with a utility bill in your name. Here are the options I came up with:

1) Find someone you trust in a foreign country to place bets for you.
    Pros:
    -Simple solution
    Cons:
    -You'll have to give your buddy a cut of profits for their time.
    -Your buddy could stiff you because accounts will be in their name.
    -You have to contact them every time you want to place a bet. It will be very annoying when they're not available.

2) Find someone you trust in a foreign country. Put one of their utility bills in your name. Put a computer at their place & remote login from the US to place bets from the foreign IP. I'm guessing you can also mask your IP address and place bets from the US, but I'd prefer making bets from the actual foreign location.
    Pros:
    -Accounts are in your name, eliminates possibility of your buddy stiffing you.
    Cons:
    -You'll have to give your buddy a monthly fee for using their place.

3) In my office, you can rent one room for $200/month, so do this is in a foreign country and set up your remote login computer.
    Pros:
    -No one else is involved in your betting.
    Cons:
    -Have to pay a monthly rent.
    -What's your utility bill going to be? You may not have one to put in your name, because utilities may be included in your rent. Would internet count? Or a phone?

4) Rent an apartment in a foreign country and set up your remote login computer.
    Pros:
    -Utility bill...check. Place to stay when you visit...check. No one else involved in your betting...check.
    Cons:
    -Price goes up. An apartment in a decent area could be $500-600/month.

If Neteller & Moneybookers require similar info as Pinnacle and you could use them, then that would be another bonus of setting up shop outside of the US. I'll explore that next and report back.

Did I miss anything? How many people out there are doing this?

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too much work, too little return.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

not worth the trouble,pinnacle is not what they used to be to bother with all that

vsdspread
    vsdspread's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or use a great Pinnacle Agent and have $15k worth of credit. I treat my Pinny agent better than my kids. Sometimes, I am not sure why though, as Pinny is the toughest book to beat.

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Neteller requires a non U.S. photo i.d. They are a bit Nazi'ish. There are a few proxy services that could help with the I.P. adress aspect. And Pinnacle only asked for my utility bill once.

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

P.S. make sure the I.P. address matchs up to your utility bill.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is waaay too much effort

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Pinny has never stopped me from wagering while in the US. Partybets will not even allow you to log in if it's an American IP.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

When I changed my country of residence pinnacle informed me that my account would be closed if I wagered from the USA.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

You can bet Pinnacle numbers at Parlaybets.com, but with $250 limits.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Maybe Pinnacle will be an option again someday.......

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

hahahah

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post

Not sure about parlaybets but at parlaymakers.com you can bet pinnacle lines with a $250 limit.

DoubleEM
    DoubleEM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks everyone for the responses. It's true, this may never be worth the trouble. Here's BetFair's reply (response time 2 hours, 37 minutes):

Dear XXXX,
    Thank you for your e-mail.
    I can confirm that US federal legislation precludes the opening or the operation of a Betfair account while present in the USA.
    Every person who wants to use Betfair must first open an account. Transparency is a key pillar of our business and we hold all the relevant details of all our customers. This is of benefit to you as well: all your details are securely stored so that you can quickly fund and withdraw from your account.
    Each of the gambling regulators which has licensed Betfair, requires us to positively identify our customers. In addition our ability to share information (if required) under the Memoranda of Understanding we have in place with a number of sporting regulators, is reliant on our ability to identify our customers.
    What we verify:
    • Address
    • Source/ownership of fund
    To find out more about our identity verification checks please click on the following link: //help.betfair.com/contents/itemId/i65767588/index.en.html

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards,

Tim Manson

Betfair Helpdesk

Basically, the same as Pinny, but you have to go through the certified documents process.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-05-14 at 07:33 PM. Reason: bad link- Removed

bookie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bookie

Not sure about parlaybets but at parlaymakers.com you can bet pinnacle lines with a $250 limit.

--

Oops. I stand corrected. It's a nice option if you could send money to Gold-Pay from books you hadn't deposited into via Gold-Pay.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-10-14 at 11:08 AM.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    When I changed my country of residence pinnacle informed me that my account would be closed if I wagered from the USA.
    Durito that may be true but I actually reside in Canada and spend maybe 2 weeks a year in the US. Never had an issue betting there. So almost always I'm using a CND IP. I think they would notice the difference if I all of a sudden made most of my plays from a US IP.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    Durito that may be true but I actually reside in Canada and spend maybe 2 weeks a year in the US. Never had an issue betting there. So almost always I'm using a CND IP. I think they would notice the difference if I all of a sudden made most of my plays from a US IP.
    Im pretty sure the rule only applies to former us residents that changed their address.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

they have very very high limits on football , nfl and college , hoops, i don't think it is just europeans ,asians and canadians betting those games, there has to be americans betting , if not directly then through some other way IMO

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Max009 or anyone else-

You had any experience with ParlayMakers.com? It is an interesting concept, but those I know who have tried it, never get the parlays created posted as Matchbook X bets. Most just gave up after a couple tries. Is it working better now?

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    Max009 or anyone else-

You had any experience with ParlayMakers.com? It is an interesting concept, but those I know who have tried it, never get the parlays created posted as Matchbook X bets. Most just gave up after a couple tries. Is it working better now?
    That was the old parlaymakers set up when they worked with MB. They are now a stand alone low juice book running pinnacle lines with a max bet of $250. They still have the same guaranteed best parlay prices. They have an instant guaranteed payout process so you get paid as soon as your wager gets graded.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by vsdspread View Post
    Or use a great Pinnacle Agent and have $15k worth of credit. I treat my Pinny agent better than my kids. Sometimes, I am not sure why though, as Pinny is the toughest book to beat.
    is your agent reliable in terms of receiving your payments, are you in a large city east coast or are the agents in many locations

Cheetahponti
    Cheetahponti's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    is your agent reliable in terms of receiving your payments, are you in a large city east coast or are the agents in many locations
    I'm also interested in hearing more about the Agent concept

bookie

PM the guy...Feds look at these boards key word "Agent" so it's not a discussion that can be had out in the open.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

how can we bet from relizble site that is not scared of action?

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

What's this obsession on this board recently of reopening old threads?

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

good topic....anyone belive this is still doable?