alexwalstow
    alexwalstow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Amazed that people you don't even know would lend you their ID documents to open accounts!

The world must have more fools in it than I could possibly have imagined!

I'm not even comfortable using close family names to open accounts for fear of seeing them become a victim of identify theft.
    Why would you be concerned with identity theft? What could possibly be done with a scan of passport and utility bill (the standard request)? Identity theft/fraud relates to getting hold of someones financial info and being able to steal money from them. This is not possible from the above docs. Assuming you are using an e wallet to deposit in your families names. If they are letting you use their DC then there would be some v small risk but much less than them just using it normally for online purchases etc themselves.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by alexwalstow View Post
    Why would you be concerned with identity theft? What could possibly be done with a scan of passport and utility bill (the standard request)? Identity theft/fraud relates to getting hold of someones financial info and being able to steal money from them. This is not possible from the above docs. Assuming you are using an e wallet to deposit in your families names. If they are letting you use their DC then there would be some v small risk but much less than them just using it normally for online purchases etc themselves.
    You may well be right about that but I would expect those documents may well add to a criminal's armoury should he have access to financial information. Guess I'm just a bit on the cautious side and would hate to be involved in any way for someone else's identity being stolen.

alexwalstow

I can respect that. I'm never totally happy from a security standpoint having to send my passport and recent utility bill into a book for verification purposes but as we all know it's par for the course these days. Like I said not sure much can be done with that but I do sometimes chuckle at the thought of an illegal immigrant trying to get into the UK going through border patrol and holding up a paper print out of my passport.

Djurgården
    Djurgården's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

EF Bet
    added to my avoid list.
    for withdrawals you need to stand with your ID (or passport) in front of you standing with the ID holding in your hand.

Djurgården

Titanbet
    added to my avoid list.
    Telephone call needed to Titanbet security department in additional to ID and recent bill. Be careful because no ID verification is needed on smaller balances but on higher balances. The same at Betsson, Betsafe, NordicBet, Triobet. (but no phonecall needed what I know).
    Last edited by Djurgården; 04-22-14 at 11:04 AM.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Shock horror, books take anti-scammer measures.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27594

Quote Originally Posted by alexwalstow View Post
    With convincing copies of your ID, fraudsters can impersonate you. They take out ************, bank loans in your name. They get the money, the bills come to you, you refuse to pay, your credit rating goes in the dumpster.

That's identity theft.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16066

Im very surprised you all go against him. Maybe im the only one who thinks hes right in his job. There are so many many threads where people are disgusted about how book XY limited them and posters here stand behind the threadopener and shout against books. And now in his right, he has taken measures against all this stupid books, and what happens? Now everybody goes against him. What a shame!

kkkkk

when books offer customers lines like -110/-110 or some even -120/-120 they are good books? they win like 10% ot every bet. but when some customers find a way to bet on +110/+110, then hes bad, cheater, scumbag and so on. Are you kidding me? I think some guys here are just to write bulls... There must be IQ test before you enter this forum.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    Im very surprised you all go against him. Maybe im the only one who thinks hes right in his job. There are so many many threads where people are disgusted about how book XY limited them and posters here stand behind the threadopener and shout against books. And now in his right, he has taken measures against all this stupid books, and what happens? Now everybody goes against him. What a shame!
    I detest the way most books do business but when you play at them you are accepting their terms and conditions.
    Simple as that.
    Opening and playing an account in someone else's name is not only contrary to the book's rules, it is fraudulent.

kkkkk

So we all admit that all bookmakers play unfair, including tha fact they all put the rule We reserve the right to do with your account what we want. Thats pretty silly. Its not time of slavery to allow somebody to do what he wants to do with you. Why dont all recreational players give their houses to bookmakers from the beginning and dont bother about bets at all? Cose there is nothing that can beat the mathematic theories - you cant win with lines like -110 or -120.
    No matter if this swedish guy is guilty or not, you cant jump against him exactly becose bookmakers have at least 20 advantages against all players - rulles, bettingspread, information, limits, computer analizes, whole teams, and so on. And most of the players stand alone against. How do you then dear to think to win some money from them? And more.....

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    So we all admit that all bookmakers play unfair, including tha fact they all put the rule We reserve the right to do with your account what we want. Thats pretty silly. Its not time of slavery to allow somebody to do what he wants to do with you. Why dont all recreational players give their houses to bookmakers from the beginning and dont bother about bets at all? Cose there is nothing that can beat the mathematic theories - you cant win with lines like -110 or -120.
    No matter if this swedish guy is guilty or not, you cant jump against him exactly becose bookmakers have at least 20 advantages against all players - rulles, bettingspread, information, limits, computer analizes, whole teams, and so on. And most of the players stand alone against. How do you then dear to think to win some money from them? And more.....
    It's easy, just dont use offshore and go to vegas.

Djurgården

I want to confirm that I have friends as I write before because bookies not allowed me to bet for £1 or in some cases £0. (I am not alone). But the friends allowed me to bet in their names and I pay them too. So this was the only solution for me go on with my betting but I changed my mind (as I told) because the hard ID controll lately. Its to much paperwork for me but I am old. So I am the criminal here ? or a scumbag? Some online bookies makes their living to block player accounts. At least a few of them or help them very much. Players lose. Bookies win.
    Last edited by Djurgården; 04-23-14 at 01:34 PM.

Djurgården

I welcome a debate on the topic that was why I wrote the post. Then maybe online bookies by time realize that they will not be able to continue as they do, if not online sportsbetting shall die by itself. For limiting a customer who opened the account one week before. Then when the player wants to withdraw the money so they require ID document directly. Unacceptable in my opinion. However, there are companies that are closing accounts quick and sending withdrawals back without ID checks. Then I think it's OK. They close your account but at least they pay you quick without hazzle. Not good because they limit quick but better. For example BetVictor and Stan James. So I accept them. There is a big difference.
    Last edited by Djurgården; 04-23-14 at 01:47 PM.

inrenokid
    inrenokid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Don't be so much against yourself,Djur, if you are going to fight against those injustices your have to believe in your cause. Everyone who has changed anything has been called a crime or fraud; look up the pretty chipss they wish they could put into everyones hands. All for our security, also look up bit coin - no ids no problems, a real solution to third pary varifcation and fiat moneys etc.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

It's easy to beat recreational books that have a million different betting options with no volume, there's no way for them to get any type of accuracy with that. That's why they boot people who bet value. This is nothing new.

You still have pinnacle, SBO, ibc, betfair, matchbook and so on.

These are businesses. They are not obliged to take your action, they don't owe you anything. By scamming them with "friends and family" IDs you just make it more difficult for everyone else.

Djurgården

I also want to apologize because I wrote very sloppy but I was upset.
    Last edited by Djurgården; 04-23-14 at 02:01 PM.

alexwalstow

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    With convincing copies of your ID, fraudsters can impersonate you. They take out ************, bank loans in your name. They get the money, the bills come to you, you refuse to pay, your credit rating goes in the dumpster.

That's identity theft.
    Not possible. Firstly how can they use your ID for anything when they aren't you? Do they only steal the ID's of people who look similar to them?

Secondly you can't open a bank account with a printed out paper version of a passport/driving license, you have to take the physical thing in so they can take a copy of it themselves for their records.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Fraudster complaining about not being paid LOLOL what a penetrating idiot!!

DitKent
    DitKent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3202

Not knowing how to spell loser makes you one too.

betting-analyst
    betting-analyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bookies like to suggest that I.D checks are necessary to satisfy regulations put on them by the gaming board, which is true from a certain amount , however, most simply want your ID so they can identify the player, it´s part of risk management!

All the same, i wouldn´t be sending money to anyone if i knew beforehand what could happen, it´s a double bet!

funlw2
    funlw2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by Djurgården View Post
    Example.

When Unibet was started around 15 years ago. I could easily bet for 3000£ per bet and I did so for a very long time. And withdraw funds easily without ID proof. No problem at that time. Today I can be lucky if UNIBET take 5£ in action from me. THAT IS NOT BETTING, they don´t want action or can´t call themself a bookmaker (from my view). The ID-docs started heavily for around 6-7 years ago. And it been worse...

In UNIBET case I read of multiple accounts that was blocked, just the same way as I describe. The money goes in UNIBETS their self. So this is a strategy from their side, to block accounts this way. AND THEY DO and earn their money this way. I do not like that.
    So you have money need ID to get payout? is your money why not get fake ID,

First 12