GamblingProphet
    GamblingProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

How much can you win from the best bookies like Pinnacle, do they ban you?

It seems that many of you are rich and succesful bettors that play with limit stakes that bookies offer/accept, I would appreciate you to tell me how much you can win from them. Is there a risk of being banned if you win, say, 1,000,000 USD spread in a year? or what about 100,000 $ a month? Is there another way of being banned?' I'm beginning and i don't want this to be over soon. Please, guide me.

I've heard Pinnacle, Matchbook, Sbobet and 5dimes are the best online bookies, and supposedly they don't ban you, Is that right?

Is it true that you have to force loses from time to time??

I'm all ears

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

I can assure you that one doesn't need to be a super successful punter to be banned or limited to the stage it's not worth continuing with a bookie.

I've been booted/limited at just about every book in Europe and Australia. At many of them I wasn't even in profit! At one I didn't even get to place a bet before they closed my account!

It's not about how much you win but rather how good you are at getting top odds or beating the closing line/odds. They know they can't beat you if you're good at doing that so show you the door.

If you're into arbitrage or follow a popular tipster who creates "steam" moves you won't last long.

Pinnacle claims they have and never will close a punter's account for doing too well.
    SBO has an excellent reputation on that score but I don't know for sure that they wont.
    Matchbook is an exchange so it shouldn't matter to them how much you win but that didn't stop Smarkets from closing some accounts.
    Betfair is the largest exchange and I don't think they'd shut you down for winning too much but might slap you with their premium charge if you're not careful.
    I haven't used 5Dimes for several years but they did slap some pathetic limits on some of my bets.

GamblingProphet

Thank you Hareeba! for your complete answer, I see you're very active in all the discussions. I don't speak english natively, so please let me ask you some things that may be obvious for you:

1.- What do you mean by beating the closing line?
    2.- I understand arbitrage as betting huge amounts of money to single matches, correct?? (I don't do that)

They havent banned you from Pinny, matchy, sbo and betfair until now?? are you a regular user there??

About the popular tipsters, well I've been learning to make my own predictions from statistics and news. 30 out of my last 35 soccer predictions were correct (Odds > 1.65) I need to improve a little more but i feel I'm kind of ready to make some profits. Last week I hit a 168/1 parlay but i just bet 3$ there hehehe

You're very expirienced in all this, could you please donate to the beginners like me a list of things we Must Not do in order to evade being banned and bet for the rest of our lives ?? Thanks again

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by GamblingProphet View Post
    Thank you Hareeba! for your complete answer, I see you're very active in all the discussions. I don't speak english natively, so please let me ask you some things that may be obvious for you:

1.- What do you mean by beating the closing line?
    It is generally well accepted that markets are efficient and that by the time a game starts the handicap line and odds are a pretty true reflection of the likely outcome. Thus if you have regularly bet at better numbers than that the bookies figure they're not going to make any profit on your account.

2.- I understand arbitrage as betting huge amounts of money to single matches, correct?? (I don't do that)
    Not necessarily huge amounts nor even single matches. Could be tournament futures for example. But the aim is to bet with two bookies at odds which guarantee you a profit regardless of the outcome. To do that generally means you've found one of the bookies has posted odds better than available elsewhere in the market. And there are any number of services which scan all the bookies and report on arbitrage opportunities so that bookie is likely to take a lot of action on it and then find it very difficult to balance his book. Do that a couple of times and your account will be flagged.

They havent banned you from Pinny, matchy, sbo and betfair until now?? are you a regular user there??
    I've been using Pinnacle, Matchbook, SBO and Betfair regularly for a number of years without any evidence of being restricted in any way.

About the popular tipsters, well I've been learning to make my own predictions from statistics and news. 30 out of my last 35 soccer predictions were correct (Odds > 1.65) I need to improve a little more but i feel I'm kind of ready to make some profits. Last week I hit a 168/1 parlay but i just bet 3$ there hehehe
    It's a tough game. 35 bets is far too small a sample from which to take a great deal of confidence, but best of luck.

You're very expirienced in all this, could you please donate to the beginners like me a list of things we Must Not do in order to evade being banned and bet for the rest of our lives ?? Thanks again
    Frankly, I'm over being banned and limited as the books I'm left with offer the best odds about most of the time anyway.
    Just bet to win as much as you can from whichever bookie is offering the best odds. If you're any good you most likely will be banned/limited but it will take a while to work your way through all the cowardly ones until, like me, you are left with the cream only.
    If you really want to be bothered trying to avoid banning/limiting don't chase steam or play arbitrage but it seems you're not into that anyway. Also avoid obscure markets where the bookies don't do much volume as you'll attract unwanted attention if you beat them a few times.
    And don't be one of those punters who deposits, bets, and withdraws every day or even every week. The books pay a commission for deposits and want a fair chance to recover that cost. Excessive withdrawals and deposits may incur their wrath.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-14-14 at 08:41 PM.

GamblingProphet

That was clear ! hopefully i will enjoy this for a long time while i make some sweet thousends $ Thanks & Good luck !

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I can assure you that one doesn't need to be a super successful punter to be banned or limited to the stage it's not worth continuing with a bookie.

I've been booted/limited at just about every book in Europe and Australia. At many of them I wasn't even in profit! At one I didn't even get to place a bet before they closed my account!

It's not about how much you win but rather how good you are at getting top odds or beating the closing line/odds. They know they can't beat you if you're good at doing that so show you the door.

If you're into arbitrage or follow a popular tipster who creates "steam" moves you won't last long.

Pinnacle claims they have and never will close a punter's account for doing too well.
    SBO has an excellent reputation on that score but I don't know for sure that they wont.
    Matchbook is an exchange so it shouldn't matter to them how much you win but that didn't stop Smarkets from closing some accounts.
    Betfair is the largest exchange and I don't think they'd shut you down for winning too much but might slap you with their premium charge if you're not careful.
    I haven't used 5Dimes for several years but they did slap some pathetic limits on some of my bets.
    Tha's a life of an arber =/

gampas
    gampas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

In 2008 Betfair introduced a Premium Charge for successful customers which began at 20% of the profit over the previous 60 weeks and became as high as 60% for those with more than £250k total profit. In the week after it was introduced, the charge was calculated on the winnings of the customer in the previous 60 weeks and applied to the account as a Premium Charge. Legal opinion is that the Premium Charge was, and still is, retrospective, and therefore illegal, but there is a time limit on claiming which expires on 1st September 2014. To register your claim, send an email to premiumchargerefunds@gmail.com, stating the amount you have paid in Premium Charges in total. I am not charging a penny for collecting clients for a group action, but you should realise that litigation may cause Betfair to close your account.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by gampas View Post
    In 2008 Betfair introduced a Premium Charge for successful customers which began at 20% of the profit over the previous 60 weeks and became as high as 60% for those with more than £250k total profit. In the week after it was introduced, the charge was calculated on the winnings of the customer in the previous 60 weeks and applied to the account as a Premium Charge. Legal opinion is that the Premium Charge was, and still is, retrospective, and therefore illegal, but there is a time limit on claiming which expires on 1st September 2014. To register your claim, send an email to premiumchargerefunds@gmail.com, stating the amount you have paid in Premium Charges in total. I am not charging a penny for collecting clients for a group action, but you should realise that litigation may cause Betfair to close your account.
    Interesting. Fortunately(?) I have managed to avoid the premium charge.
    The (?) is because I know one player who it thankful for being subjected to the pc as he says it actually makes him more profitable!
    I find it very difficult to comprehend his argument and calculations but he is a very clever guy with numbers (a qualified actuary) so I think there may be something to it. Anybody else heard about this?

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't worry................................ You wont get Banned as nobody over any length of time takes any book for that much.

Find another hobby to do.

Or you can go broke like most do.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Don't worry................................ You wont get Banned as nobody over any length of time takes any book for that much.
    for what much?