Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Matchbook deliberately slowed?

Based on my experience over the past week or so I strongly suspect that Matchbook has deliberately slowed the response time for it's old platform to encourage players to migrate to the new, less popular version of their site.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't offer abt that but the API has been stale for abt 1 year now. Most of the time u are looking at phantom numbers on API.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

I've noticed the complete slowdown too..thought it was just me.

Don't mind the new site on Desktop, but completely un-useable on mobile.

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Hi guys,

Sorry your experience recently hasn't been up to scratch; however, I can assure you it's not a deliberate attempt to move you to the new website.

That said, the vast majority of Matchbook customers are using the new platform, and the classic one is not supported with the same level of hardware as it was previously.

I would ask that you try to get used to the new site, as unfortunately, we can't support the classic version forever.

Thanks,

Mike

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    I've noticed the complete slowdown too..thought it was just me.

Don't mind the new site on Desktop, but completely un-useable on mobile.
    the_situation - Have you tried the mobile version recently, much improved version released just before Christmas. Also, not sure what type of mobile you use, but we'll have a new Android app available shortly and our iPhone app, which has been out since November, has been very popular with customers.

Thanks,

Mike

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookMike View Post
    the_situation - Have you tried the mobile version recently, much improved version released just before Christmas. Also, not sure what type of mobile you use, but we'll have a new Android app available shortly and our iPhone app, which has been out since November, has been very popular with customers.

Thanks,

Mike
    Yes I have, doesn't seem like it's really optimized for mobile use. I use Android - Android update would be great as I saw an Iphone update was released. Any ETA?

Hareeba!

Hi guys,

Sorry your experience recently hasn't been up to scratch; however, I can assure you it's not a deliberate attempt to move you to the new website.

That said, the vast majority of Matchbook customers are using the new platform, and the classic one is not supported with the same level of hardware as it was previously.

I would ask that you try to get used to the new site, as unfortunately, we can't support the classic version forever.

Thanks,

Mike
    Yes, I've been trying to get used to it but some things I just don't like when compared with the classic site.

Hareeba!

Mike, I really have been trying hard to wean myself off the "classic" site onto the new one but I find it imperative to keep referring back to the old site to get correct details.

There are several things which I don't like on the new site, including the fact that unmatched bets are hidden away on a different screen; the small text in the betting window and inconsistencies in reporting on matched and unmatched bets.

One such current example on my matched bets list on the new site shows two significant bets on a game between Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town!

Those teams aren't scheduled to play each other until 30 March! And I can't find a market for it anywhere, including on Matchbook's new site! Fortunately no such bets appear on my matched bets report when referring to the old site.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

so the answer to the initial question is "no"...

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    Yes I have, doesn't seem like it's really optimized for mobile use. I use Android - Android update would be great as I saw an Iphone update was released. Any ETA?
    The Android app should be available in mid-February, I'll keep you posted on progress.

Thanks,

Mike

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Mike, I really have been trying hard to wean myself off the "classic" site onto the new one but I find it imperative to keep referring back to the old site to get correct details.

There are several things which I don't like on the new site, including the fact that unmatched bets are hidden away on a different screen; the small text in the betting window and inconsistencies in reporting on matched and unmatched bets.

One such current example on my matched bets list on the new site shows two significant bets on a game between Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town!

Those teams aren't scheduled to play each other until 30 March! And I can't find a market for it anywhere, including on Matchbook's new site! Fortunately no such bets appear on my matched bets report when referring to the old site.
    Hi Hareeba,

You should be able to see and track your unmatched bets, in the betslip, at all times?

Could you message me your username or send a screenshot of these bets on Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town to feedback@matchbook.com?

Thanks,

Mike

Hareeba!

Hi Hareeba,

You should be able to see and track your unmatched bets, in the betslip, at all times?

Could you message me your username or send a screenshot of these bets on Nottingham Forest and Ipswich Town to feedback@matchbook.com?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes Mike, they are on the betslip. What I dislike is that they are not conveniently displayed on the betting screen like they are on the old "classic" site and at Betfair. One has to open up a separate window to see unmatched bets. And the text size in that window is a test for my ageing eyes.

I've already sent a screenshot of those rogue bets to CS and they've fixed it up now thanks.

And now I've just had another bet matched and the new and old systems are showing different profits for it on the same stake! This software is all over the place Mike!

And a further reason to keep using the "classic" site: if you want to have a bet on the English Championship game tomorrow between Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley you have to go to the "classic" site as the new site doesn't have this game at all!
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 01-30-14 at 05:52 PM.

Hareeba!

Mike, this really is ridiculous!

Today I find that the NBA game Sacramento @ Dallas isn't on the new site and I had to go to the old site to bet on it!

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Mike, this really is ridiculous!

Today I find that the NBA game Sacramento @ Dallas isn't on the new site and I had to go to the old site to bet on it!
    are you sure? I see it in the new site

I never bother to use the old site. I like the new one better than any other exchange but that's just me...

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    are you sure? I see it in the new site

I never bother to use the old site. I like the new one better than any other exchange but that's just me...
    Yeah, it is there now but most certainly wasn't when I was trying to bet. Had a similar instance (see earlier post) with a soccer game yesterday.

winterice
    winterice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Crap book. They are scared of US business.

winterice
    winterice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

It's funny cause betmaker.ag that is out of business had better lines that matchbook back in the day.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by winterice View Post
    Crap book. They are scared of US business.
    LOL yeah ok. You're just mad you can't bet there anymore. I guess Pinnacle is a crap book too? Matchbook is among the best there is.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Matchbook a top book for non usa players..top 5 or so actually on planet.

Hareeba!

And another example of poor page layout Mike: Golf winner market has a massive blank space between the player names on left and odds on right. Somewhat difficult to line up names with odds without the assistance of any grid.

Hareeba!

Mike, don't go shutting down the old site until the new site works properly.

Today's example of how poor it is:
    On an NBA game I have placed bets at two different odds. The matched bets window is showing the first TWICE and not listing the second bet at all. So the sum of the bets is at variance with the rounded numbers showing on the market page. Again the old site has it right.

Hareeba!

I've found out this new site once again Mike.

Currently for totals in the NBA game Miami @ Utah there are different odds and liquidity available as compared with the old site.

I know for a fact that the new site is wrong.

Hareeba!

And now I can't get the new site to load.
    Fortunately the old one did and I was able to place my bet just before the game started.
    Mike, don't let them take down the old site until the new one works reliably.

corporatecoward
    corporatecoward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Hareeba!

Another example of why the old site must be retained until the new one is made to work properly:

Where can I make a play on the R1 match play Kaymer v Matsuyama on the new site Mike?

It's there on the old site.

Hareeba!

And yet another one Mike.

After several hours with a golf bet not having been matched and bedtime looming I decided to take what was on offer at Betfair instead.

Went to cancel the bet on the new site but it simply returned an error!

So I went to the old site and cancelled it successfully.

May I suggest you just take down the new site and fix it before putting it back up?

jjgold

Matchbook can be a great place, maybe the tech area is lacking there. Its things like this that hold the book back.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

and the soccer commission free promotion seems to be limited...I tried to lay atletico tonight 300e and i couldn't!!!

I got this message: Matchbook commission reserve estimate indicates you can only place of bet of 120e!!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    and the soccer commission free promotion seems to be limited...I tried to lay atletico tonight 300e and i couldn't!!!

I got this message: Matchbook commission reserve estimate indicates you can only place of bet of 120e!!
    Strange, I've had no problem with larger bets than that.

New or old site?

Sure you had a large enough balance to cover the bet? Perhaps it was making allowance for commission even though it wouldn't have been applied on settlement?

I just tested it out with an even larger bet than yours (old site) and it was accepted without any such message. Either it's another new site glitch or I strongly suspect you didn't have enough funds to cover the liability on your bet.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 02-19-14 at 02:42 PM.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

New site, yes my balance was strict to cover lay bet 300@2.22 maybe this was it, as i was able to lay at 2.2, i think the software it's making allowance for commission even if it's free.

Thanks for the tip Hareeba! I need to deposit some more next time)

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

I have had no issues on my end, then again, I have only been betting NBA for the past month on matchbook. Can't beat the prices I have gotten. However, I wish they added some college basketball lines. At least for the marquee games on the weekends. Nevertheless, they are still my favorite shop around.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

As soon as I say that, I tried to process a payout on the new site and there was a technical issue, had to do it on the old site. So yes, there are kinks to work out.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    I wish they added some college basketball lines. At least for the marquee games on the weekends.
    +1

Hard to believe they couldn't write business on the day's top featured TV games in CBB.

jjgold

I would not think too hard to put the ESPN games on the board each night and national tv games on weekends

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would not think too hard to put the ESPN games on the board each night and national tv games on weekends
    u forgetting they don't have US customers?
    college sports don't rate with viewers or punters outside of US
    and night games in US are in the wee hours in Europe

123 Last