xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    u forgetting they don't have US customers?
    college sports don't rate with viewers or punters outside of US
    and night games in US are in the wee hours in Europe
    Pinnacle has no problems posting college lines. I think there is a sizeable market in Canada for it. There are plenty of Canadians I know that bet college basketball, but is the market big enough for matchbook to bother. I suppose you could make a case there isn't. Although, I would probably bet exclusively at matchbook if they had it.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20495

The new site is again displaying inaccurate information Mike. Where are you?

It is reporting that I've got $178.50 matched on a soccer game and nothing unmatched.
    The old site is reporting that I've got $225 matched.

I know which is correct!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NBA games get great action at betfair live and they start midnight in the uk and europe
    times dont matter as much anymore as betfair proves that

Hareeba!

The new site is again displaying inaccurate information Mike. Where are you?

It is reporting that I've got $178.50 matched on a soccer game and nothing unmatched.
    The old site is reporting that I've got $225 matched.

I know which is correct!
    Ah! At last the new site is reporting the correct amount matched.
    However the game is well and truly over and that stake isn't included in the total showing as my current market exposure!
    Who wrote this glitchware for you Mike?
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 03-01-14 at 05:09 PM.

jjgold

Hareeba how is tech support at Matchbook??

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hareeba how is tech support at Matchbook??
    Wouldn't know.
    Is there any such thing?

jjgold

I thought you email them with these issues

Hareeba!

I thought you email them with these issues
    Not unless it really matters. Most of what I've posted here is just examples of inconsistencies between the two platforms. Not critical stuff.
    I've had good service a couple of times on live chat sorting stuff out but it's not always "live" unfortunately.

Hareeba!

Today the new site just won't load for me.

The old one does and is working fine.

Way to early to even think about retiring the old site Mike.

corporatecoward
    corporatecoward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Notice matchbook mike doesn't respond anymore

jjgold

Foes anyone actually call them with their issues instead of ranting on a forum?? THis is not the right place for tech glitches because they do not look here a lot.

Hareeba!

Foes anyone actually call them with their issues instead of ranting on a forum?? THis is not the right place for tech glitches because they do not look here a lot.
    I take your point JJ, but ...
    The glitches I've complained about on here all relate to new site.
    I've been able to get around them because the old site is still available.
    If I couldn't I'd certainly contact their support people.
    But I'm not going to waste my time if there is a workaround.
    Mike was a pretty regular reader of this forum and I thought it worthwhile letting him and others know about these issues.
    My prime concern is that they not retire the old site at least until all these glitches have been sorted out.
    But wtf is Mike?

jjgold

No idea where he is

Guy has this good product but just has to fine tune it

Hareeba!

And still the old site has it all over the new site today:

Where's the NHL Anaheim @ LA game on the new site?
    Go to the old site if you want to bet on it.

Kelly_F
    Kelly_F's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1119

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookMike View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry your experience recently hasn't been up to scratch; however, I can assure you it's not a deliberate attempt to move you to the new website.

That said, the vast majority of Matchbook customers are using the new platform, and the classic one is not supported with the same level of hardware as it was previously.

I would ask that you try to get used to the new site, as unfortunately, we can't support the classic version forever.

Thanks,

Mike
    If the old site is removed, then I imagine many customers will not be able to bet using matchbook.

I've tried on numerous occasions to bet using the new site and have never been able to place a bet - I just get an error message which says "x is not a valid odds value" (x being the odds).

I can use the classic site OK - although as Hareeba points out - the site is slow.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_F View Post
    If the old site is removed, then I imagine many customers will not be able to bet using matchbook.

I've tried on numerous occasions to bet using the new site and have never been able to place a bet - I just get an error message which says "x is not a valid odds value" (x being the odds).

I can use the classic site OK - although as Hareeba points out - the site is slow.
    That's a pretty serious issue and one which I'd be referring to support. Have you done that?

Looking like Mike's no longer with us unfortunately. I wonder if anyone from Matchbook monitors this site?

Kelly_F

That's a pretty serious issue and one which I'd be referring to support. Have you done that?

Looking like Mike's no longer with us unfortunately. I wonder if anyone from Matchbook monitors this site?
    To be honest - no

Basically because when they launched the new site I assumed it was a beta and that the faults would be solved (the fault I describe has been present ever since the new version was launched).

Since then I just used the classic site and never got around to reporting these issues to c/s (I have plenty else to do)......

That said, I will email them right now with the issue and a screenshot.

jjgold

I would like to see SBR get involved and reach out to matchbook and I think they will because all these threads are monitored

I will also alert them and hopefully matchbook can fix these tech glitches because it's a great sports book

Kelly_F

The answer to this mystery was that the system is set up to function on US odds, and if the decimal odds don't match exactly they are just deemed to be invalid odds.

I think that would be a costly and time intensive programming job to fix but as they are now trying to increase their market share in the UK and Europe it's something they should look at.

Hareeba!

The answer to this mystery was that the system is set up to function on US odds, and if the decimal odds don't match exactly they are just deemed to be invalid odds.

I think that would be a costly and time intensive programming job to fix but as they are now trying to increase their market share in the UK and Europe it's something they should look at.
    I don't understand that explanation at all and suspect you've been fed horseshit.
    I can switch between US and decimal odds with no problems evident.
    And the old site interprets decimal odds ok for you?
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 03-25-14 at 04:16 PM.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

I don't understand that explanation at all and suspect you've been fed horseshit.
    What he says makes sense. If the decimal odds don't translate EXACTLY to american odds, eg. a decimal translated equals -168.5 (not a real number), then it wouldn't show up. I'm not sure if that's the reason but it is possible.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    What he says makes sense. If the decimal odds don't translate EXACTLY to american odds, eg. a decimal translated equals -168.5 (not a real number), then it wouldn't show up. I'm not sure if that's the reason but it is possible.
    Sorta but I've been using Matchbook for some years now and that's never been an issue. As with Pinnacle, the underlying odds are always US but if you choose to display decimal odds you see the nearest approximation. If you bet at say 1.95 you are really betting at -105 which is 1.9524.

I've bet on both the new and old sites using both US and decimal displays and it's never been a problem.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 03-25-14 at 10:45 PM.

Kelly_F

The old site will interpret decimal odds yes.

I think perhaps you are right (re; fed horse shit). As an example I have just attempted to bet on NBA; Golden state. Decimal odds were showing as 1.403. This didn't work. I then adjusted the odds a few times to no avail. The bet was only accepted when I changed the site settings to display American odds (-248).

RedDevil1974
    RedDevil1974's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

college basketball and football do good business in europe esp uk. its not to nba levels but enough that when its on and can be covered, the big books will always try and put it on. asians in particular LOVE all basketball esp US college or pro stuff.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Is all the soccer volume going to disappear with the 0% commission promo ending?

potless
    potless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Is all the soccer volume going to disappear with the 0% commission promo ending?
    Nah not if there is still liquidity.

Although if they keep slowing the 'classic' site the prospect of having to use the festering pile of shite that is the beta site could be a factor.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil1974 View Post
    college basketball and football do good business in europe esp uk. its not to nba levels but enough that when its on and can be covered, the big books will always try and put it on. asians in particular LOVE all basketball esp US college or pro stuff.
    good post, I know Betfair NBA volume as fas as live betting is heavy on the tv games and decent on off games as well at times...Matchbook should put the bigger games up weekly next year.

Hareeba!

Dear Member,
    We've noticed that you are one of the customers still using the classic.matchbook.com platform.

Unfortunately, we cannot support the old platform forever and in our first move away from it, we will be replacing it with a slightly older version of Matchbook on Monday, 28th April.

Even though this will be a significant change in how the website looks, it will function the exact same way from a betting perspective.

This version will continue to be supported for another while yet but we would urge you to begin the transition to the www.matchbook.com website. If there are things you don't like about the new website then please feel free to send your comments to feedback@matchbook.com and we will address what we can before removing the classic website completely.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email or live chat using the contact details below.

Kind Regards,

Matchbook Accounts

jjgold

Hareeba they are telling you to use new version

real simple pal

get use to it

Hareeba!

Hareeba they are telling you to use new version

real simple pal

get use to it
    You haven't been paying attention have you JJ?

By default I DO use the new site.

But there are so many bugs and inadequacies that I need to go switch to the old site to overcome them!

jjgold

I know about the bugs but they are going to get rid of older versions I think in 6 months

Hopefully they work out tech glitches soon on new platform

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Hi all,

Sorry Mike hasn't been around in a while - old Mike has actually left the company so I'll be picking up the baton from here.

I'll answer some of the questions in individual posts but if I miss anything, feel free to ask it again.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Mike

MatchbookMike

Hareeba,

What you will see next Monday is the pre-2011 version of the Matchbook site - as the mail says, the betting functionality, which is the most important thing to you, will remain the same, this is mainly an aesthetic change.

I would ask that you try and report any issues you find on new site, either to support or even DM me here - screenshots are very important - if you do find something that we can re-produce, then we will fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Hi BigSpoon,

Not sure if you've checked out the soccer liquidity since, but you shouldn't have noticed any difference - we are still 0% commission on soccer handicap markets and all the key numbers that we look at have been maintained since April 1st.

Thanks,

Mike

MatchbookMike

The old site will interpret decimal odds yes.

I think perhaps you are right (re; fed horse shit). As an example I have just attempted to bet on NBA; Golden state. Decimal odds were showing as 1.403. This didn't work. I then adjusted the odds a few times to no avail. The bet was only accepted when I changed the site settings to display American odds (-248).
    Hi Kelly_F,

Hareeba is correct here, the base odds in the system are US odds but that shouldn't affect your ability to place bets in any odds format you choose to use. Is this issue still affecting you? If so, can you DM me your username, so we can look in to it. The majority of customers use decimal odds now so this is not a common issue.

Thanks,

Mike

First 123 Last