View New Posts
123
  1. #1
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 1,336
    Betpoints: 294152
    Message Me

    Alliance Sportsbook closes; $80K in player balances pending

    Alliance Sportsbook closes; $80K in player balances pending

    Alliance Sportsbook (SBR rating D+) has closed. One of the two partners behind Alliance wrote SBR claiming that while the company was acquired just a year and a half ago, there are current negotiations to sell the business to a larger gaming shop. At the time of closure, $80,000 in player balances is on the books to about 125 players. Players have been asked to write service@alliancewagering.net for all payout requests. It has been stated that all balances will be paid within 45 to 60 days.

  2. #2

    80,000 is all they owe ? That's a very manageable number to cover, nothing like the bet islands fiasco.

  3. #3

    Have them email me, ill buy em out for 50 g's, they use the 50 and 30 out of pocket to pay the players owed funds............My offer stands for 72 hours..........

  4. #4

    I got a voicemail asking to reload 100% free play bonus like 5 days ago

    Oh man, is there a way I can upload that voicemail here. Unreal these books. Only 1 probably safe for Americans is 5dimes

  5. #5

    i wonder if the people that lost money here still think the bettors are all on the same side.

         Ring
         Games
         Winner
         +328 pts

    600pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 4/7/2014

    400pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY2nd Place 4/22/2014

    170pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY6th Place 4/23/2014

    300pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 4/24/2014

    600pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 4/21/2014


  6. #6

    Fuk em, they quit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts
    WHEEL
    OF
    BANISHMENT
    2/14/2014

  7. #7
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 161,901
    Betpoints: 1955
    Message Me

    Another lessen for people playing at small books with zero history

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  8. #8
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-13-06
    Posts: 9,293
    Betpoints: 80723
    Message Me

    they only have 80,000 in player balances in total?

         SBR
         Resort
         Winner
         +8,000 pts

         SBR
         Resort
         Winner
         +4,733 pts

         SBR
         Resort
         Winner
         +1,188 pts

         SBR
         Resort
         Winner
         +8,701 pts


  9. #9

    books dropping like flies

    local is the only way to go for anyone not in vegas
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

  10. #10

    This place has been garbage since they opened- had a problem with them last year regarding a payout. Hopefully everyone gets paid but I highly doubt it.

  11. #11

    I don't recall these threads when an SBR A rated book folds up.
    Points Awarded:

    Tmuston Beltics gave jarvol 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BadLuckSanta, and Tmuston Beltics

  12. #12

    So what happens if players don't get paid like they state? Why would u think they will pay after an outstanding complaint from last January hasn't been resolved? They only told u the payout was on the way from your last updates SBR but then they close before people got paid without any notice to anyone, does that even sound right?
    All I know is throughout last year people could have been updated periodically about this complaint and wouldn't even have to be put in this position, here is another issue of people here slacking off. SBR do u even care anymore about us or what happens to us?
    Anyway glad I dodged this one. Thanks!!

  13. #13
    Seaweed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-19-12
    Posts: 10,346
    Betpoints: 53
    Message Me

    I guess that's 40 dollars I'll never see again

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckSanta View Post
    books dropping like flies

    local is the only way to go for anyone not in vegas
    I never understand why people say this especially on an online gambling forum like this. Many people can't easily find a local bookie. Even if they can do local bookies even offer a fraction of the convenience or services that online sports books do? Such as betting via computer or live betting? If there are, I'd like to find one in South Florida to use. There are at least a few online sports books with a good rep for paying, even more for non-US customers. So having a couple or more online sportsbook accounts to shop for lines seems the best option.

  15. #15
    BAUS
    cork popping tops plowing jelly
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 1,820
    Betpoints: 5536
    Message Me

    Bad news. I have a small balance at this shop, plus I enjoyed playing there.

    BAUS

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  16. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    I never understand why people say this especially on an online gambling forum like this. Many people can't easily find a local bookie. Even if they can do local bookies even offer a fraction of the convenience or services that online sports books do? Such as betting via computer or live betting? If there are, I'd like to find one in South Florida to use. There are at least a few online sports books with a good rep for paying, even more for non-US customers. So having a couple or more online sportsbook accounts to shop for lines seems the best option.
    Several pph shops out of south florida with a full card of online and live betting options.

  17. #17

    Where is that poster that always chimed in on anything related to Alliance? "Touchback" i believe was his username.

    Anyway, I requested a payout from them 2 weeks ago, and was paid like clockwork. Nothing big, though. I tried to make a deposit with them Sunday night and Monday night and they did not answer phones/emails/chat.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin.mig View Post
    Several pph shops out of south florida with a full card of online and live betting options.
    Do I need an invite or referral to become a customer? I wouldn't have a clue on how to find one- Google "South Florida bookie", lol? Please p.m. me if you don't want to post here in the thread.

  19. #19
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 161,901
    Betpoints: 1955
    Message Me

    Hope the guys get paid, keep us updated.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  20. #20

    They paid me both times, when I was with them. Solid book for low numbers. Too bad they are gone. Rules and deposit was similar to BI.

  21. #21

    Working on merger should have news soon. Thank you all for your patience.

  22. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I got a voicemail asking to reload 100% free play bonus like 5 days ago

    Oh man, is there a way I can upload that voicemail here. Unreal these books. Only 1 probably safe for Americans is 5dimes
    They called me last week offering me 100%, but think I had to deposit. I deleted the vm, so not sure.

    $30
    Charity
    donation 12/28/2013

    $30
    Charity
    donation 12/31/2013

    $30
    Charity
    donation 12/29/2013


  23. #23

    A merger/bailout is likely, 80,000 is a small figure to absorb, if this book wanted to stiff players they would have stayed open, collected a ton of deposits on the NFL Championship/ Superbowl , then skipped town owing over a million, similar to the way on at BI did

  24. #24

    Quote Originally Posted by frankfinger View Post
    Working on merger should have news soon. Thank you all for your patience.
    Okay Mickey Mouse.

  25. #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    A merger/bailout is likely, 80,000 is a small figure to absorb, if this book wanted to stiff players they would have stayed open, collected a ton of deposits on the NFL Championship/ Superbowl , then skipped town owing over a million, similar to the way on at BI did
    Agree. Frank, Irene and the rest of the customer service folks are good people. Ultimately this falls on Frank to set something up so his player's balances are assumed elsewhere. But, he is a stark contrast from the BI folks.

  26. #26

    Needsomehelp - why do you think frank finger isn't Frank from alliance? Maybe he is close to a deal since you say he is a good guy.

    If it's all bullshit then I don't see any contrast between alliance and betisland. A stiff is a stiff. I still believe alliance will get a deal done quickly.

  27. #27

    Quote Originally Posted by shopp View Post
    Needsomehelp - why do you think frank finger isn't Frank from alliance? Maybe he is close to a deal since you say he is a good guy.

    If it's all bullshit then I don't see any contrast between alliance and betisland. A stiff is a stiff. I still believe alliance will get a deal done quickly.
    Where do you get the idea that I didn't make that connection? I know it's him. I called him Mickey Mouse because that's what type of book Alliance was. Maybe small-timey was a better phrase to use. $300 limits on NFL games is laughable. So is $100 on halftimes.

  28. #28

    Quote Originally Posted by shopp View Post
    Needsomehelp - why do you think frank finger isn't Frank from alliance? Maybe he is close to a deal since you say he is a good guy.

    If it's all bullshit then I don't see any contrast between alliance and betisland. A stiff is a stiff. I still believe alliance will get a deal done quickly.
    Also, it is likely that you are affiliated with Alliance in some way, shape or form. You signed up today and your first post was aimed at diffusing this ordeal and giving credence to Alliance.

  29. #29

    I am not affiliated with alliance other than I am an account holder that is owed about $1,800 and would like to see a bailout very soon.

    I didn't make the connection that you wee calling him a Mickey Mouse shop. I thought you were calling him Mickey Mouse like someone posted on here as a joke to give folks false hope.

  30. #30

    Quote Originally Posted by shopp View Post
    I am not affiliated with alliance other than I am an account holder that is owed about $1,800 and would like to see a bailout very soon.

    I didn't make the connection that you wee calling him a Mickey Mouse shop. I thought you were calling him Mickey Mouse like someone posted on here as a joke to give folks false hope.
    My bad - that makes sense! I hope you get your money out. I had $400 in there, and it seems I cashed out RIGHT before they closed up shop over the weekend.

  31. #31

    If they planned on paying then why would they close without any notice? Also why would someone want to bailout this book and not other books that screwed people? I think for a bailout people would need to wait in line.
    Also why do people start blaming others when something goes wrong? What don't u guys understand that nothing is guaranteed.

  32. #32

    I had a small balance there, good thing i withdrew right before this happened. Always got paid on time, no complaints. Sad to see shops close up overnight. At least 80k is pretty miniscule for all their player balances.

  33. #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    If they planned on paying then why would they close without any notice? Also why would someone want to bailout this book and not other books that screwed people? I think for a bailout people would need to wait in line.
    Also why do people start blaming others when something goes wrong? What don't u guys understand that nothing is guaranteed.

    It doesn't take a genius to see that its alot easier to bail out 80,000 then 800,000.

    And lets face it... anyone who had $$ on Alliance had small balances (avg around 600), and bet small (300 limits?).. so there definitely is not a bunch of sharps playing there.

  34. #34

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardGeorge View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to see that its alot easier to bail out 80,000 then 800,000.

    And lets face it... anyone who had $$ on Alliance had small balances (avg around 600), and bet small (300 limits?).. so there definitely is not a bunch of sharps playing there.
    So what are u trying to prove that your right? Bet Revolution only owed under 50k and i had 2k, some guy had 25k and none of us got a bailout yet.
    GL getting a bailout people but don't count on it.

  35. #35

1234 ... Last
Top