kaycamp
    kaycamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betway refusing payout.

Hi i registered with Betway a month or so ago, i bought a second hand mobile phone and used the number that come with to use on Betway it as it already had a sim card.
    I used Betway for a month or so and went to withdraw money last monday 10th. By Wednesday had not heard so emailed them, they replied and said withdrawl was in progress and will be in my account within 2 business days. An hour or so later i had an email saying they had suspended my withdrawl untill i had sent in verication details, which i did, passport and bank statement. By Friday i had not heard anything so emailed them again, did not get a reply, by Friday night Saturday morning still no reply. Then email turned up from them saying that my mobile number was registered to another account on there and to explain to them why. By now im a little gobsmacked with it all. I explained that i had bought the phone a month or so ago from a local shop and havent a clue what someone before me had used the phone for.
    Where do i stand with this, i didnt think i could be accountable for what someone else has done in the past. They never mentioned this before when i made my deposit to them but do when i want to withdraw.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    I am awaiting reply from Betway but from what i have read on some forums i don't hold out much hope.

Thanks

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

i'm not sure how this is in your conutry, but where i live it's very unusual (if not: unheard of) buying a used mobile phone incl. someone else's number from someone you do not know. why not use your old sim, or get a new sim altogether?
    even if this is the case, it seems very unlikely that the other person also was a betway-member. you could be either extremely unlucky (but i don't really buy that), or operating multiple accounts and have made a rookie mistake.

either way, i can't blame betway at all for being very suspicious.