SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

State Senator Roderick Wright Interview: California Online gambling legalization

State Senator Roderick Wright Interview: California Online gambling legalization

SBR analyst Natalie Rydström interviews California State Senator Roderick Wright on the hot topic of legalized online gambling. Natalie interviewed New Jersey State Senator Raymond Lesniak on March 7th, regarding New Jersey's plans to be the first state to introduce instrate gaming. Senator Wright: "The idea is that A. we would get a piece of the action, and B. we would have better control of protecting California consumers."

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

if this ever happen ... it will be banging here in cali!

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

it will never happen....NFL, MLB and NBA wont allow it.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    it will never happen....NFL, MLB and NBA wont allow it.
    NFL is the only one with any real power, and so long as they get a cut of the action (directly or indirectly), they'll get in line too.

tgoodm1
    tgoodm1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1532

I doubt the states running online sportsbettting will offer the props and many wagering options that a site like 5Dimes offers.

So I couldn't care less about the states getting into the business. I hope it all fails for them. It would ruin online sports gambling.

tgoodm1
    tgoodm1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1532

I can't see them offering lines on fights being shown on Telefutura, ESPN, Telemundo, SkySports, etc... I just don't see it.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodm1 View Post
    I doubt the states running online sportsbettting will offer the props and many wagering options that a site like 5Dimes offers.

So I couldn't care less about the states getting into the business. I hope it all fails for them. It would ruin online sports gambling.
    I think they'll be competitive with the industry as we know it. As State Senator Wright indicates, they would contract out the management of the book's operations. They only want a cut of the action, and aren't going to be meddling in the book's offerings.