brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

i monitored them during footy season, they really do lack in markets but i'll see what they have next year. never saw odds more than .01 better than anywhere else but right now there tennis odds look more generous for favourites under 1.50

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    i monitored them during footy season, they really do lack in markets but i'll see what they have next year. never saw odds more than .01 better than anywhere else but right now there tennis odds look more generous for favourites under 1.50
    Yep, sports markets are pretty basic. Their AFL lines at 1.93 are very competitive I find but best of all I can get all my stake down, unlike at the major corporates.

As for tennis, well maybe the shorties but it's just not my style to bet in that odds range.

pwm
    pwm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

All these Aussie books limit as quickly (if not quicker) than the UK guys.

brettels

I have played with topsport now, all i can see is they are the slowest book i have been with when it comes to settling bets! I'm talking hours when other bookies take just a few minutes or less when event has finished!

brettels

And for there "top odds" i've seen TAB of all places have some better odds.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    I have played with topsport now, all i can see is they are the slowest book i have been with when it comes to settling bets! I'm talking hours when other bookies take just a few minutes or less when event has finished!
    never really found that a problem
    sports or racing?
    they do seem to take longer than most to settle on racing I know but it doesn't bother me ... I'm getting best of 3 totes which the others you refer to don't offer on non-metrop racing

brettels

Sport!

Only bet racing 3-5 times a year!

MARKOFCAIN
    MARKOFCAIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Unibet are another who except large wagers, well they have for me also the reason some are starting to take the pommy approach of limiting bet amounts is most of them now have been sold to pommy books. Paddy Power owns Sportsbet and Ias for example

MARKOFCAIN
    MARKOFCAIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

I know this is an old post however i am limited to about $20 AUD on sports markets with sportsbet and ias also banned from promotions with both. I am also banned from promotions with betstar and am unsure of my limits there as i have not used them since.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by MARKOFCAIN View Post
    Unibet are another who except large wagers, well they have for me also the reason some are starting to take the pommy approach of limiting bet amounts is most of them now have been sold to pommy books. Paddy Power owns Sportsbet and Ias for example
    For me Unibet accept only small stakes on sports and I detest their "take this amount and wait up to 30 mins. for a decision on the rest approach".

But for racing they are very much better.

Terminators
    Terminators's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Quality.

Unfortunately the Aussie market has been raped and pillaged over the last 3 years by the English corporates. Will Hill has 3 and Ladbrokes has a few. Paddy Power the others. Betstar the last decent size Aussie sold recently.

Only the smaller locals left now and they'll either be swallowed or struggle to survive. Palmer, TS, Betezy 3 that spring to mind still aussie owned but not many others.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminators View Post
    Quality.

Unfortunately the Aussie market has been raped and pillaged over the last 3 years by the English corporates. Will Hill has 3 and Ladbrokes has a few. Paddy Power the others. Betstar the last decent size Aussie sold recently.

Only the smaller locals left now and they'll either be swallowed or struggle to survive. Palmer, TS, Betezy 3 that spring to mind still aussie owned but not many others.

Yeah it's been the wrecking of what was once a very good scene for the Aussie punter.

I for one have effectively been banned by all the major corporates and even the TAB for sports betting.

Much as I don't really like the idea, those based in Vanuatu are becoming appealing.

Maybe more locals will appear?

One I just discovered today: classicbet.com.au

Terminators
    Terminators's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Yeah it's been the wrecking of what was once a very good scene for the Aussie punter.

I for one have effectively been banned by all the major corporates and even the TAB for sports betting.

Much as I don't really like the idea, those based in Vanuatu are becoming appealing.

Maybe more locals will appear?

One I just discovered today: classicbet.com.au
    Cheers, I'll check it out.

Matchbook the other missing from my portfolio atm. How are they with markets and liquidity for major aussie sports?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminators View Post
    Cheers, I'll check it out.

Matchbook the other missing from my portfolio atm. How are they with markets and liquidity for major aussie sports?
    Matchbook only fair for liquidity NRL and AFL. Odds and lines mostly move in tandem with Pinnacle.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is top sports Aussie owned?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Is top sports Aussie owned?
    yep
    dinkum Aussie bookmaking family

jjgold

How about sportsbetting.com.au

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How about sportsbetting.com.au
    think so but have done very little business with them ... Hamish Davidson I think ... pretty smalltime operation but I think he's tech savvy and helped out a lot of the independent Aussie books

farmer33
    farmer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Sportsbetting is owned by Hamish Davidson and works out of a small section of Unibets offices in NT,and they both bet like girls on sports.
    Hamish has been responsible for the development of many Aust sites like Betstar,Betchoice.Tom Waterhouse and Flemingtonsportsbet and others.He has always had a very user friendly feel to his sites.
    As for why all corporates are in the NT is because Sportingbet (England) lobbied the NT Gov to reduce the turnover tax to .33% originally. Tassie tried to offer the same to attract them to join Betfair down in Hobart but the NT Gov matched their offer and now its a flat 250k p/a. Sold themselves short I believe as none would have moved,as the likes of Sportingbet and 365 have invested Millions in IT and committed
    to very long leases to the building they must occupy (Brett Dixon House) on track in Darwin.
    Now is a good time to take advantage of some of their generous offers (if accepted) as they seem to be in a race to gobble up all the recreational punters out there during this consolidation phase.And some of you may well get some value out of them. You wont get set for much but hey when its free go for it.

jjgold

Farmer great report I think they'll always be some small Aussie own books moving forward

I don't think the UK is changing anything other than risk management

Hareeba!

Well just in case anyone was interested in one of the new "bookmakers" on the scene, Classicbet.com.au ....

http://fairwageringaustralia.com/

Hareeba!

Without doubt this is the best article I've ever seen on this subject:

http://trb.com.au/blog/?p=190
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Border Gadgie

First 12