Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Bwin cancel winning bet without reason, give no reason when requested

Hi,

I bet 3 NBA half time totals at bwin on the 10th of january. Two lost one won, but when i checked out my bets the next day bwin cancelled the only bet that won. The two that lost were obviously not cancelled.

The next thing i did was to use their support. I asked them to correct their error, I bet over 98.5 1st half and the 1st half had 111 points.

They gave me this answer:
    ""Dear Mr ***,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have checked the bet you mentioned with number: 1PPPM40ZHH for the event: 1H Milwaukee Bucks at 1H Minnesota Timberwolves, 1st Half Totals.

This bet has been cancelled and your bet amount of 70,94 USD has been credited back to your account.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us back.

Kind regards

Your bwin customer service team
    b'inside White Members

bwin acknowledges its commitment to responsible gaming
    "

I mean what?? I want a reason and I get this, after 36 hours on top of that.

When i bet the over 98.5 the line was 99 at pinny so it was not an obvious error.

How do I proceed here? They're obivously just ripping me off.

Thanks

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

That's a retarded response. Did you telephone them? If that doesn't work, fill out a complaint and I'll tackle it.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

Ok I called them and the reason why they cancelled the bet was due to error on date. They put the date 11/1/2009 when it was in fact 1/11/2009. However the time was correct 2.05 am.

This did not make a difference for anyone betting. I understand they might have gotten plays after gametime, but that has nothing to do with me.

My bet was placed about one and one half hour before gametime as you will see on my screenshot below.

Should they not honor all bets placed before gametime and cancel all bets that were placed after the game started?

I get the feeling that they checked whether or not they would lose on this over, and then made decision to cancel all bets. Let's say they got alot of plays on under before gametimes what says they wouldn't "honor" all bets placed before gametime?

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

Filed a complaint now. I believe the only reason a bookie should be able to use to cancel a bet after it has won is a major error in bet offer. The incorrect date is not a major error, it's a typo.

pilo
    pilo's Avatar Become A Pro!

These pissrats did the same too me once....and gave no answer at all. I think its a bit hazard to bet at that site. You never know if you win or not before you actually got the money from them.

bNOTwin
    bNOTwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happened to me couple of times, they dont give a reason why they cancelled it. It was a ''typing mistake'' and tey dredited back your stake. But they always do it after the bet is won, or the odds moved your way, I mean Ive never got my stake back after I lost a bet with Bwin! Jaug my advice to you is leave Bwin and go somewhere else, it wont be the last time they are gonna do this to you. I asked them also a couple of times about why they cancelled bets, the thing is they will take ages to respond, and when the finally do, their answer is something like we are sorry but we will not change the outcome and this case is closed for us now. End of story! Be prepared that they will also limit you very soon, they dont like people who complain and ask questions to their customer service.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

Nothing yet, bet still canceled. Is this a dispute you would be able to handle for me justin?

The amount is really not of importance but the way they could abuse this as a book bothers me. Put the wrong date, if they want to honor bets. Like bNOTwin says they probably don't cancel, for them, winning bets.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi sir, If you have filled out a complaint form already, please bare with us until we get to your can in the order it was received.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Hi sir, If you have filled out a complaint form already, please bare with us until we get to your can in the order it was received.
    Alright, thanks

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

Got paid a couple of days ago, I didn't notice before just now.

Thanks for all the help sbr!

Justin7

Glad it was fixed. Bwin's customer service is lacking, but I have never seen a mistake go unfixed once we bring it to their attention. I just wish their CS would respond to players pointing out the same things we do.

ken705
    ken705's Avatar Become A Pro!

Similar kinda thing happened to me, I never did get paid. Here's the complaint I had written in which explains what happened.....

Basically on sunday I put a bet on a basketball game.
    An american college one. I bet portland +1.5 , they were playing against UC davis. So I found portland and UC davis in the list and placed my bet, it came up bet accepted, ok cool.

Now after the game had finished and portland had beaten UC davis 75-72 i checked my account and it came up as bet cancelled. I queried this and they said there was an input error. They said the bet was portland state and it should have been portland uni so the bet was cancelled.

I got no email , no phone call, nothing to tell me my bet had been cancelled. As far as I knew everything was cool as the bet had been accepted.

So what I am supposed to do if I ever want to bet in future ? Check my account every 2 minutes to make sure any bets I have put on are still ok. Why not even an email to tell me there had been an error.
    Sounds to me like they could just pick and choose any bet they fancy and claim input error and cancel it.

I know bwin had a reputation for pulling such stunts a while back from some of the things I read on here. I quote...

"The bookmaker, previously known as BetAndWin, received multiple complaints of voided winning bets due to bad lines and bookmaking errors in the past but agreed to compensate these players at the end of last year."

So are they back to their old tricks again ? I thought bwin had stopped doing this but perhaps not.

I basically now have zero confidence in placing any bets with bwin as I have no idea what's going to happen with them. If I had been contacted about the so called error then annoying as it would have been at least it would give me a chance to place the bet again. But complete lack of communication made this impossible.

I'm very unsatisfied with the responses I have been given. "we're sorry for the inconvenience etc"
    What comfort is that supposed to be ?

otneil145
    otneil145's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello

This thiefs have canceled my live bet after the event has finished
    The bet was validated as won at first, the next day, the winnings were chargedback.

Are SBR still helping out people ?

Justin7

otneil,

Was the bet a bad line? What wager was canceled?