mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Arsenal - West Ham: Get Your Picks HERE!!

Big Arsenal fan here. The squad is facing some injuries, as they have been for the last 2-3 months. They were really struggling for confidence, but after getting past Wigan in the FA Cup semifinal, I think that lifted a lot of pressure off the players and the manager. Everyone was waiting for them to crash and burn, and after going down 1-0, it looked like they were on the verge of facing a near meltdown, that could well have led to Arsene Wenger's dismissal, or him walking away on his own.

Ironic that Arsenal dug deep and got a goal on a scrappy play, something Arsenal isn't normally used to doing. But with that win, the players will know that they can now focus on the EPL, and finishing in the Top 4. They are 2 pts back of Everton for the 4th spot, but they have a much more favorable schedule than the Toffees. They start their first of many MUST WIN fixtures tonight at the Emirates.

The crowd will be up for the match after Saturday's hard fought win, and I think the players will show more confidence on the pitch.

From the last 26 meetings between Arsenal and West Ham (Home & Away), Arsenal have won 17, drawn 5 and lost 4.. When these two sides meet at the Emirates/Highbury, Arsenal have 9 wins, 2 draws and just 1 loss from their last 12. The Gunners have outscored West Ham 23 to 7, with 7 cleansheets, from their last 12.

West Ham's away form from their last 15 also hasn't been all that impressive. 30 goals conceded and 15 scored, with 5 wins, 9 losses and 1 draw across all competitions. They are averaging 2 goals against and 1 goal for. Arsenal on the other hand have been quite consistent at home. From their last 15 at the Emirates, they have 9 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss, which was to Bayern Munich in the UCL. They are averaging 1.9 goals for, and 0.6 goals against, with 8 cleansheets in North London from their previous 15 across all competitions.

So the spread is currently at -1.5 for the Gunners, which is a spread they should cover. The O/U is set at 3 on BetOnline. The ML is -280, which is quite high. This is a must win for Arsenal, if they want to continue their push for a top 4 finish, and they can put pressure on Everton. As for West Ham, they are 11th in the Premier League, 7 pts clear of the relegation zone. It seems as though they are safe from that trouble.

Big Sam is going to have his side play a very compact and defensive game, which Arsenal tend to struggle to break down at times. As I mentioned before, covering the -1.5 should be very possible for the Gunners, seeing as this match has more meaning to them than for West Ham. But in this case, it might be worth laying the juice on the ML for the Gunners. I just don't see them losing this game against a West Ham side that can concede in bunches. I may also take the -1.5 with a smaller bet, as I feel about 75% confident they will cover. The Under 3 may be a good option also.. I don't see the Hammers grabbing a goal..

My prediction is a 2-0 victory...

Share your thoughts.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

i was really thinking arsenal -1 but not so sure now

mgoncalves10

Quote Originally Posted by cryptocap View Post
    i was really thinking arsenal -1 but not so sure now
    I honestly don't see Arsenal losing this game. It could be tighter than expected, which is why I think the U3 has some value. Think it could be a push in the worst case scenario. And I think the ML may be worth laying the juice.

Just waiting for the starting XI to confirm my choices.

guerrix
    guerrix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

-1 here for me!!!
    Zimbora!!!!

mgoncalves10

Hope everyone took my advice. -1.5 was golden, and ML was worth the juice