Shredder
    Shredder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bit unlucky with the late goal and the quick 2-1 just before HT, but overall a pretty deserved win. Don't think you had a real shot at winning the pick but getting a push at best during the game. Better luck next time I guess ^^

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Bit unlucky with the late goal and the quick 2-1 just before HT, but overall a pretty deserved win. Don't think you had a real shot at winning the pick but getting a push at best during the game. Better luck next time I guess ^^
    Spot on. Bilbao fully deserved the win. Just frustrating even the push was eliminated right before the end of the game.

Full weekend coming up, hoping to be somewhere around +4 units when I wake up monday morning.

BigBurk

Already have most of my plays locked in for this weekend, will post them in a couple of hours.

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurk View Post
    ​YTD 15-13-1 = +0.62x
    Correction:

YTD 15-13-2 = +0.62x

BigBurk

Saturday:

Espanyol (ESP-P) -1 +107* vs Sporting Gijon (ESP-P) (1x)

Newcastle (ENG-P) pk -115* vs Wigan (ENG-P) (1x)

Borussia Dortmund (GER-1) -1 -123* vs Kaiserslautern (GER-1) (1x)

Bayer Leverkusen (GER-1) -111* vs Hannover (GER-1) (1x)

Heerenveen (HOL-E) pk,+˝ -122* vs SC Heracles (HOL-E) (1x)

Sunday:

Real Madrid (ESP-P) -2 +111* vs FC Sevilla (ESP-P) (1.5x)

AZ Alkmaar (HOL-E) +˝ -127* vs Feyenoord (HOL-E) (1x)

Roda JC (HOL-E) +˝ +117* vs PSV Eindhoven (HOL-E) (1x)

Ajax (HOL-E) pk -110* vs Twente (HOL-E) (1x)

FC Sevilla (ESP-P)/Real Madrid (ESP-P) Over 3˝ -112* (1x)

QPR (ENG-P)/Chelsea (ENG-P) Under 3 -128* (1x)

Ajax (HOL-E)/Twente (HOL-E) Over 3 +108* (1x)

Notes:

- When the line on AZ drops a bit further I may ad a unit to the play (back to -136 right now).
    - Freiburg vs Köln is at pk -149 at the moment, if the pk, -˝ comes available at approx -120 I'll take it.

That's it! Big card this weekend, let's pray for some winners!

Shredder

Wow..lot of plays for you :d

Heerenveen pk +0.5 is only -122? That looks too easy ;d Although they might miss Dost?!

nvm, thought by the way you wrote it, H'veen was playing at home.
    Last edited by Shredder; 04-27-12 at 03:49 AM.

BigBurk

Wow..lot of plays for you :d

Heerenveen pk +0.5 is only -122? That looks too easy ;d Although they might miss Dost?!

nvm, thought by the way you wrote it, H'veen was playing at home.
    Yeah, totally depending on how my calculations turn out. This weekend a lot of plays showed good value, hence the amount of plays.

I copy/paste my plays directly out of 5dimes so if a team is named first it doesn't mean they play at home. There is no official status on Dost, but I think he will play.

Shredder

I like the AZ, Roda and H'veen pick. But the Ajax one over 3? What was the line for 2.5 at. The one thing also concerning me about that game is that it's a must for Twente to get at least one point and they will do everything to keep Ajax away from a championship in their place. I also think that Ajax will take a draw if the game goes on a bit, also having in the back of their mind that they aren't allowed to celebrate their championship sunday but will have to do it wednesday. But again, my mind might be blurred cause it's Ajax Thoiugh they fully deserve the c'ship.

BigBurk

Saturday:

Sporting Gijon and away matches just don't go together. Out of their 17 played matches they have lost a staggering 11 games, and only won two (at Vallecano and Mallorca). Espanyol is a mediocre home team, but this should not be a problem for them. I have this game set at 2-0 in favor of the home team.

Wigan may be the most talked about team lately with stellar perfomances against Arsenal and Man Utd. It has gotten them out of the relegation zone for now, but they are still far from safe. Newcastle has won six in a row with Cisse scoring in each of them, landing them on the fourth place in the Premier League. Even with Wigan's stellar performances lately I still think Newcastle holds the edge over them. I have this game set at 2-1 in favor of Newcastle and am therefore rolling with the hot team.

Even though Borussion Dortmund already took the title I don't see how Kaiserlautern could be able to win this one. They will never make up 7 points to avoid relegation and are horrible at home in the Bundesliga, having not won a single home fixture in 11 games. Even a Dortmund on 50% of their strengt will be able to easily take this one. I have this set at 2-0 in favor of the champs.

This one is a key match-up for place 6 (and/or even 5), which gives right to a place in the Europa League. Leverkusen currently has a three point advantage over Hannover and can bring this up to 6 if they beat Hannover this saturday. Hannover has lost it's last five away matches and has only won 2 out of 16 this year. With the pressure for a European ticket I expect Leverkusen to take this one with the home advantage against one of the worst roadies. I have this game set at 2-0 for the home team.

Earlier in the season I would have picked Heracles on this matchup, but not this time. Heerenveen is still playing for direct qualification for a Europa League ticket and their competators are all having tough matchups this weekend. Heracles has played very unstable soccer the last couple of weeks since they reached the cup final against PSV and are not even certain to reach the play-offs anymore. Heerenveen is the better team plus I feel they want this more than Heracles does. Even with Bas Dost out, I expect Heerenveen to take this one on the road. I have this game set at a 2-1 Heerenveen win.

Sunday:

There are two main reasons I absolutely love this play; first of they can make a huge step to the title if they win this one while Barca has to play one on the road later the same day. They can even take the title if Barca were to lose at Vallecano. Secondly, I expect them to want to bounce back after their result of this weeks elimination against Bayern Munchen. This could well be a punishment for Sevilla, who have lost six straight against Real and have only won one out of their last four overall. I have this game set at a 4-1 Real win and am therefore rolling with the -2 as well as the over 3˝.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Feyenoord will have to deal with the absence of both Guidetti (their top striker) and El Ahmadi. Even though Feyenoord and AZ are tied on second place I think AZ is the better team to begin with, even if Guidetti and El Ahmadi would have played this weekend. Both will want to grab the three points to hold on to the second place (Champions League quali) and I give AZ the edge in this matchup. I have this set at 2-1 in favor of AZ and am therefore rolling with them.

Even though PSV has won two consecutive (home) games against AZ and NEC, they could have just as easily drawn both games. PSV has not been able to grab a road win on their last seven tries and you don't want to play Roda at such a tough streak. They have only lost one out of their last eight home games and due to their recent wins Roda is back in the spot for a play-off ticket. This is a bad time for PSV to meet Roda on the road. I have this game set at 1-1 but could as well see Roda grabbing the win.

Ajax holds a six point advantage on both Feyenoord and AZ (playing eachother sunday) while they have a seven point advantage on Twente as the last week of the competition starts this weekend with only three rounds left in the Eredivisie. Theoretically, Ajax can take the title this sunday at Twente íf they take home the three points ánd Feyenoord and AZ draw. Ajax has been in blistering form lately, going on a winning streak of 11 consecutive matches, while Twente has only won three out of their last 8 matches. I expect a very motivated Ajax and a Twente team trying to play pressure on the Ajax defense. My model shows a high scoring match, with Ajax coming out as winners. I have this game set at 3-2 in favor of Ajax, and am therefore also playing the over 3 goals.

See earlier write up.

I'll take my chances on this one, as I really don't expect this to go over 3 goals. QPR tends to lose their away games against quality teams without scoring (1-0 Arsenal, 1-0 Newcastle, 2-0 Man Utd, 1-0 last away match vs WBA) while Chelsea will still be feeling the match against Barcelona and probably won't go all out on QPR. I have this game set at 1-0 in favor of Chelsea, and even if they do try to pull out a big win it probably will not be bigger than 3-0.

See earlier write up.

Notes:

- When the line on AZ drops a bit further I may ad a unit to the play (back to -136 right now).
    - Freiburg vs Köln is at pk -149 at the moment, if the pk, -˝ comes available at approx -120 I'll take it.

That's it! Big card this weekend, let's pray for some winners!
    Finished the write ups!
    Last edited by BigBurk; 04-27-12 at 06:51 AM.

BigBurk

I like the AZ, Roda and H'veen pick. But the Ajax one over 3? What was the line for 2.5 at. The one thing also concerning me about that game is that it's a must for Twente to get at least one point and they will do everything to keep Ajax away from a championship in their place. I also think that Ajax will take a draw if the game goes on a bit, also having in the back of their mind that they aren't allowed to celebrate their championship sunday but will have to do it wednesday. But again, my mind might be blurred cause it's Ajax Thoiugh they fully deserve the c'ship.
    Yeah you do have a point regarding Ajax may be willing to take the point. As you said, I think Twente will go on full attack mode against Ajax, opening some space for Ajax to play in. Remember that most teams place all of their players in their own 16 yard box and try to destroy the game. I expect an open match with possibly quite a few goals if one of both can get the opener in before the 25th minute.

As an Ajax supporter I can settle with a draw by the way, so we can celebrate at home against VVV this wednesday.

Shredder

Btw Ajax will be champion if they win, doesn't really matter what Feyenoord - AZ does....ofcourse this is theoretical but I don't see them giving up a +20+ goal advantage in a couple games.

BigBurk

Btw Ajax will be champion if they win, doesn't really matter what Feyenoord - AZ does....ofcourse this is theoretical but I don't see them giving up a +20+ goal advantage in a couple games.
    True.. Officially they need to wait though until wednesday against VVV.

We'll see what happens this weekend! Looking forward to a great sunday full of soccer.

Shredder

Ah yeah that's true also, they can't really celebrate if it's not official, my bad.

BigBurk

Saturday:

Sporting Gijon and away matches just don't go together. Out of their 17 played matches they have lost a staggering 11 games, and only won two (at Vallecano and Mallorca). Espanyol is a mediocre home team, but this should not be a problem for them. I have this game set at 2-0 in favor of the home team.

Wigan may be the most talked about team lately with stellar perfomances against Arsenal and Man Utd. It has gotten them out of the relegation zone for now, but they are still far from safe. Newcastle has won six in a row with Cisse scoring in each of them, landing them on the fourth place in the Premier League. Even with Wigan's stellar performances lately I still think Newcastle holds the edge over them. I have this game set at 2-1 in favor of Newcastle and am therefore rolling with the hot team.

Even though Borussion Dortmund already took the title I don't see how Kaiserlautern could be able to win this one. They will never make up 7 points to avoid relegation and are horrible at home in the Bundesliga, having not won a single home fixture in 11 games. Even a Dortmund on 50% of their strengt will be able to easily take this one. I have this set at 2-0 in favor of the champs.

This one is a key match-up for place 6 (and/or even 5), which gives right to a place in the Europa League. Leverkusen currently has a three point advantage over Hannover and can bring this up to 6 if they beat Hannover this saturday. Hannover has lost it's last five away matches and has only won 2 out of 16 this year. With the pressure for a European ticket I expect Leverkusen to take this one with the home advantage against one of the worst roadies. I have this game set at 2-0 for the home team.

Earlier in the season I would have picked Heracles on this matchup, but not this time. Heerenveen is still playing for direct qualification for a Europa League ticket and their competators are all having tough matchups this weekend. Heracles has played very unstable soccer the last couple of weeks since they reached the cup final against PSV and are not even certain to reach the play-offs anymore. Heerenveen is the better team plus I feel they want this more than Heracles does. Even with Bas Dost out, I expect Heerenveen to take this one on the road. I have this game set at a 2-1 Heerenveen win.

Sunday:

There are two main reasons I absolutely love this play; first of they can make a huge step to the title if they win this one while Barca has to play one on the road later the same day. They can even take the title if Barca were to lose at Vallecano. Secondly, I expect them to want to bounce back after their result of this weeks elimination against Bayern Munchen. This could well be a punishment for Sevilla, who have lost six straight against Real and have only won one out of their last four overall. I have this game set at a 4-1 Real win and am therefore rolling with the -2 as well as the over 3˝.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Feyenoord will have to deal with the absence of both Guidetti (their top striker) and El Ahmadi. Even though Feyenoord and AZ are tied on second place I think AZ is the better team to begin with, even if Guidetti and El Ahmadi would have played this weekend. Both will want to grab the three points to hold on to the second place (Champions League quali) and I give AZ the edge in this matchup. I have this set at 2-1 in favor of AZ and am therefore rolling with them.

Even though PSV has won two consecutive (home) games against AZ and NEC, they could have just as easily drawn both games. PSV has not been able to grab a road win on their last seven tries and you don't want to play Roda at such a tough streak. They have only lost one out of their last eight home games and due to their recent wins Roda is back in the spot for a play-off ticket. This is a bad time for PSV to meet Roda on the road. I have this game set at 1-1 but could as well see Roda grabbing the win.

Ajax holds a six point advantage on both Feyenoord and AZ (playing eachother sunday) while they have a seven point advantage on Twente as the last week of the competition starts this weekend with only three rounds left in the Eredivisie. Theoretically, Ajax can take the title this sunday at Twente íf they take home the three points ánd Feyenoord and AZ draw. Ajax has been in blistering form lately, going on a winning streak of 11 consecutive matches, while Twente has only won three out of their last 8 matches. I expect a very motivated Ajax and a Twente team trying to play pressure on the Ajax defense. My model shows a high scoring match, with Ajax coming out as winners. I have this game set at 3-2 in favor of Ajax, and am therefore also playing the over 3 goals.

See earlier write up.

I'll take my chances on this one, as I really don't expect this to go over 3 goals. QPR tends to lose their away games against quality teams without scoring (1-0 Arsenal, 1-0 Newcastle, 2-0 Man Utd, 1-0 last away match vs WBA) while Chelsea will still be feeling the match against Barcelona and probably won't go all out on QPR. I have this game set at 1-0 in favor of Chelsea, and even if they do try to pull out a big win it probably will not be bigger than 3-0.

See earlier write up.

Added:

Freiburg (GER-1) pk,-˝ -106* vs Koln (GER-1) (1x)

AZ Alkmaar (HOL-E) +˝ -131* vs Feyenoord (HOL-E) (0.5x)

Card if final with the last additions! Best of luck on this big weekend!

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Excellent write ups! BOL

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9580

best play of the day

Hey i,m from the us of a very good blog their...im new at soccer betting, if you had to make one play today ..what would it be ....thanks
    Saturday:

Sunday:

See earlier write up.

See earlier write up.

Added:

Freiburg (GER-1) pk,-˝ -106* vs Koln (GER-1) (1x)

AZ Alkmaar (HOL-E) +˝ -131* vs Feyenoord (HOL-E) (0.5x)

Card if final with the last additions! Best of luck on this big weekend!

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    Hey i,m from the us of a very good blog their...im new at soccer betting, if you had to make one play today ..what would it be ....thanks
    Well 4 of today's matches have already begun so there are only two left, rated equal. Heerenveen should be a solid play.

BigBurk

It's safe to say the Newcastle bet is toast.

Need a Leverkusen goal!

BigBurk

Need a Leverkusen goal!
    Guess Kiessling is reading this thread meanwhile. Thanks.

BigBurk

3-1 on the first four matches. Espanyol starting in 15 mins, Heerenveen in an hour. Let's hope at least one of them covers so we end the day profitable.

Shredder

What is Gijon up to! Hope Heerenveen will win so you'll get a nice day still!

BigBurk

Don't know what they were thinking at Espanyol! Heerenveen came through with an easy win, securing a 4-2 day, +1.85x.

Could have been better, not satisfied after today!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Good call on Heerenveen. Had already played Dortmund and Newcastle. Your call made for a + day. Cheers.

NotSammySosa
    Writing blank checks to banks
    NotSammySosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

The Heerenveen game had the better team at +0.5. thought vegas knew something we didn't know. good pick

Shredder

You watching the PSV game by any chance? PSV the better team and leading by 1 and just missed huge chance at 2-0. Doesn't look really good, though Roda had 2 nice chances.

Edit: while typing they made 0-2 :/

Edit2: OMG Lens hitting the bar twice now lol.

BigBurk

You watching the PSV game by any chance? PSV the better team and leading by 1 and just missed huge chance at 2-0. Doesn't look really good, though Roda had 2 nice chances.

Edit: while typing they made 0-2 :/

Edit2: OMG Lens hitting the bar twice now lol.
    Yeah I saw them leading early in the game, Roda is letting me down big time.

Real also still has some work to do, the over seems wasted, but the -2 should be able to push at least.. 0-3 to start today would be dramatic.

Edit: 2-0 early in the second half. Hope they can still nail a third and fourth.

Edit 2: 3-0 already. Looks good!!
    Last edited by BigBurk; 04-29-12 at 06:10 AM.

Shredder

3-0 Real, looking pretty good ;p

Shredder

1-2 Roda still a slight chance! Too bad Madrid couldn't score one more...

BigBurk

Yeah, totals don't serve me good until now. May lay off them the rest of the season. Would be great if Roda gets the equalizer in! PSV is back at their old bad way of playing.

Shredder

Wow, penalty saved of the replacement keeper of Roda (red card keeper)

Lol, 1-3 2 min after :d too bad

BigBurk

Chelsea under is already a loss after a 4-0 half time lead. Like I said, I'm passing on totals the remainder of the season. I think I have only hit 20% of them, whilst the spread plays are at 55+%.

Shredder

Ouch glad I stayed away from the AZ/Ajax games. Grats on the championship! Must be making your weekend ;p

NotSammySosa

Chelsea under is already a loss after a 4-0 half time lead. Like I said, I'm passing on totals the remainder of the season. I think I have only hit 20% of them, whilst the spread plays are at 55+%.
    Chelsea at home against a bad team is usually an over as they go on full attack mode. when playing a top4 team its the under. at least, thats how I play it.

BigBurk

Yeah, you are obviously right as can be!!

Overall this weekend sucked, adding a loss of approx 1.5 units. Will do the math later today or tomorrow! Gonna enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

NotSammySosa

Yeah, you are obviously right as can be!!

Overall this weekend sucked, adding a loss of approx 1.5 units. Will do the math later today or tomorrow! Gonna enjoy the remainder of the weekend!
    seems like there's a match everyday for the next 2 weeks including the manchester derby tomorrow. plenty of time to make some $$$.

First ... 3456789 ... Last