unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Good day today. Made up for reading the game wrong on Wednesday with today's predictions. Should have fired on the Asian Handicap but ah well.

Today's Record: 3-0 +4.15u
    Overall Record: 25-31 -2.81u

unitedlad

Thursday, 19th April

Sporting Lisbon vs Athletic Club

These 2 teams meet tonight in the first leg of the semi-finals of the UEFA Europa League. Both teams have been in superb form thus far In the competition, knocking out both Man City and Man Utd – the favourites to win the tournament when both fell short in their retrospective Champion’s League groups.

Anyone who has watched each team in the competition this season will know that both lineups like to attack, and more often than not, like to score goals. I’m not a big statistics guy but when the statistics are this bias it is hard not to take an interest in them:

In Athletic’s last 4 EL matches, the goals scored have totaled an astonishing 18 goals. (4.5 goals per game). 4/4 games going over 2.5 goals.
    In Athletic’s last 6 EL matches, the goals scored have totaled a hefty 22 goals. (3.66 goals per game). 5/6 games going over 2.5 goals.

Although Sporting’s stats aren’t as convincing, they still point towards goals:

In Sporting’s last 4 EL matches, the goals scored have totaled 11 goals. (2.75 goals per game). 2/4 games going over 2.5 goals.

In Sporting’s last 6 EL matches, the goals scored have totaled 16 goals. (2.66 goals per game). 3/6 games going over 2.5 goals.

Having seen most of these team’s games this season in the Europa League, and concluding that they can both score and concede in quick succession throughout a match, I am going with the over goals total.

Over 2.5 goals @ 2.18 (2u)
    Van Wolfswinkel AGS @ 2.75 (0.6u)
    Both teams to score @ 1.8 (1.2u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-19-12 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Adding to picks

unitedlad

Decent night.

Tonight's record: 2-1 +2.72u
    Overall record: 27-32 -0.09u

unitedlad

Saturday, 21th April

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Chelsea coming off the back of a very draining match against Barcelona. I can see this one being very open from the beginning and goals in both ends. Arsenal on decent form at the moment, playing some nice football, and favorite to take the 3rd place sport in the league. The bookies aren't giving us much value on the Arsenal win so I'm going to lay off the WDW market, and get on the Both teams to Score. I can see both teams having plenty of chances. Theo Walcott has a nack of making the step up in these big league clashes and I can see him grabbing himself one or two goals tomorrow afternoon.

Both Teams to score @ 1.7 (1.5u)
    Walcott AGS @ 4.00 (0.35u)

unitedlad

Blackburn vs Norwich

over 2.5 goals @ 1.96 (1u)

Fulham vs Wigan

over 2.5 goals @ 1.73 (1.4u)

These 2 games may seem like the obvious overs in the 3pm kick-offs, but all these teams will be looking to get as many points as possible in their final remaining games, so I can see each team thinking they can come away with 3 points in both games. I expect a lot of attacking in each game which is why I'm going for the over in total goals.

unitedlad

I don't think anyone would have guessed that that game ends 0-0. Between very sloppy passing and shooting from both teams, neither looked like scoring all game. And, typically, the one play I have down to score gets injured and taken off at around the 60 minute mark.

Today's record (thus far): 0-2 -1.85u
    Overall record: 27-34 -1.94u

unitedlad

1 down. Looks lie Norwich and Blackburn are going to go 40 minutes without scoring.

unitedlad

QPR vs Tottenham

I've been eyeing this play up for most of the week but wasn't entirely set on the price I was getting, but thinking the price would go up, I decided to wait it out. I'm going for the Spurs win as the price has gone up from evens to 2.15.

I can see them hitting back here after a poor run of form, especially after their main competition for 3rd spot, Arsenal, dropping points today. Spurs have lost a lot of their momentum from the first half of the season, but all they need is one good win to get it back, which I think they will do today. With Defoe up front, I can see this injecting a surge of energy into the team.

Tottenham win @ 2.15 (1u)

unitedlad

Sucky day. Got real unlucky with the Fulham over. I watched the game and they had TONS of chances. Shit happens. And Tottenham were same old shitty Spurs, couldn't create anything, I hope they don't get 3rd spot because they really don't deserve it after their horrible second half to the season.

Today's Record: 1-4 -3.25u
    Overall Record: 28-36 -3.34u

unitedlad

Sunday, 22nd April

Man Utd vs Everton

United to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (1u)
    United to win, and under 2.5 goals scored @ 4.00 (0.5u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-22-12 at 07:08 AM.

unitedlad

Flip me, United really bottled it there! How you can throw away a 2 goal lead...twice! Gutted to be honest. Another couple of losses on the betting front. It's always tough to judge games at this stage of the season.

unitedlad

Wolves vs Man City

City will be fired up after United dropping valuable points. I imagine City will put out the same team who battered Norwich last weekend. Wolves have been terrible all season, and they will need to get something out of this game if they want to prevent getting relegated today, so they will be going for it which will leave a lot of holes in defence. To be honest, I can genuinely see City battering Wolves here by 4 or 5 goals.

City - 2 AH @ 2.1 (2u)

unitedlad

Tuesday, April 24th

Barcelona vs Chelsea

Messi to score 2 or more @ 3.50 (0.4u)
    Mikel to get booked @ 2.28 (2u)
    Barca to win by 2 @ 4.33 (0.5u)
    Barca to score 2-3 goals @ 2.00 (2u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-24-12 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Forgot units

unitedlad

Forgot to put up record of Sunday. So...

Sunday's Record: 0-2 -1.5u
    Overall Record: 28-38 -4.84u

unitedlad

Nice night, fair play to Chelsea, could have swore Barca would have got a goal. In all honesty I should I have hit the 'Barca by 2 goals' as well but they missed a bucket load of chances.

Tonight's record: 2-2 +3.66u
    Overall record: 30-40 -1.18u

unitedlad

Been very busy at work recently so will try to get a couple of winners tonight.

Wednesday, 2nd May

Chelsea vs Newcastle

I think Chelsea may have one eye on the FA Cup final this weekend, and may just take their eye off the ball in regards for their 4th spot chase with Newcastle and Spurs. With Newcastle basically needing a result here, I can see them being very disciplined in possession, and with the clinical Ba and Cisse up front, Newcastle could get all 3 points at the Bridge tonight.

Having seen both starting line ups I am definitely confident Newcastle can get a goal or 2 against the starting Chelsea defense (Bosingwa-Ivanovic-Terry-Bertrand). Big Pap Cisse up front for Newcastle this season has been superb, with a fantastic scoring record. He is always worth betting on for a goal, especially when the odds are this good.

Newcastle Win or Draw @ 2.8 (0.6u)
    Cisse Anytime GS @ 3.6 (0.5u)
    Both Teams to Score @ 1.83 (2u)

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call on Cisse, other bets look good so far. Hope Newcastle play like this on Sunday

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    Good call on Cisse, other bets look good so far. Hope Newcastle play like this on Sunday
    Thanks bud. Cisse is always a great bet. Fantastic footballer.

As do I, but I think we are clutching at straws tbh. I can't even see us getting 6 points from our last 2 games unfortunately. Cheque book will need to re-opened in the upcoming transfer window if we want to challenge City next season.

unitedlad

The bet which was by far favourites with the bookies, is the one that doesn't come off. That sums up football betting. Chelsea were terrible. Cisse is absolutely quality. 2 superb goals. 1 goal of the season contender.

Tonight's record: 2-1 +0.68
    Overall record: 32-41 -0.5u

unitedlad

Saturday, 12th May

Dortmund vs Bayern Munich - Cup Final

Not sure why Dortmund are priced as the underdogs in this cup final, as Dortmund have just wrapped up 2 consecutive league titles, and have dominated the league meetings between these 2 teams. With Bayern taking place in the biggest game of the year next weekend, Champions League final, I feel that a lot of the players will have their minds looking forward to that. This is Dortmund's last game of the season, and they would love to end the season with the double. BVB certainly have the quality in their team to defeat the Champions League finalist, and I think Dortmund will pip this game due to wanting it more.

Dortmund to Lift Trophy @ 2.1 (1u)

unitedlad

Sunday, 13th May

Everton vs Newcastle

Everton have been fantastic at home for the second half of the season, and I expect to see a good performance from them here. But no one can deny the quality that Newcastle also obtain with Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa leading the line. Newcastle need to go out for the win, and hope that Tottenham or Arsenal (better yet both) slip up in their games. I can see this one including plenty of chances as there are incentives for both teams to win, Everton will want to finish above their fierce rivals Liverpool, who are only one point behind them. Newcastle want that CL spot which they have fought all year for. Both teams have good quality in attack so I can see goals from both sides.
    Both teams to score @ 1.73 (2u)

unitedlad

Norwich vs Aston Villa

Aston Villa are the draw masters in the Premier league, especially away from home, with 10 draws all season , 2 more than anyone else in the league. Norwich have been very tempermental in the second half of the season, after their superb start in the first half. Their home form is very 'give and take' with them winning 6, drawing 6 and losing 6. Neither teams have much firing power, and not much to play for in their final game of this years Premier League season, so I can see this one being a very boring stale mate. Delighted with price I'm getting for the draw! Thought the bookies would be all over this one.

Draw @ 3.6 (0.5u)
    Correct Score 0-0 @ 17 (0.1u)

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Quote Originally Posted by unitedlad View Post
    Norwich vs Aston Villa

Aston Villa are the draw masters in the Premier league, especially away from home, with 10 draws all season , 2 more than anyone else in the league. Norwich have been very tempermental in the second half of the season, after their superb start in the first half. Their home form is very 'give and take' with them winning 6, drawing 6 and losing 6. Neither teams have much firing power, and not much to play for in their final game of this years Premier League season, so I can see this one being a very boring stale mate. Delighted with price I'm getting for the draw! Thought the bookies would be all over this one.

Draw @ 3.6 (0.5u)
    Correct Score 0-0 @ 17 (0.1u)

Great play, BOL

unitedlad

Saturday, 12th May

Betis vs Barcelona

Barcelona have been playing with passion ever since their coach, Pep Guardiola, announced he is having a break from football come the end of the season. I expect the high goal scoring performances to continue tonight when they meet Real Betis. This game does tend to include plenty of goals, and considering it is Pep's last match for Barcelona for at least year, I expect the team to go out and give him a good send off which they have been doing the past few games, scoring an average of 5 goals a game in the previous 3. I absolutely love the value of this bet, we are getting even money for Barcelona to score 3 goals or more tonight, whereas most books have this priced at about 1.73, which is why I'm making this a 2u bet.

Barca - over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (2u)

unitedlad

Sunday, 13th May

Sorry, no time for write ups.

Adding play to Norwich vs Aston Villa

Under 2.5 goals @ 2.25 (1u)

Stoke City vs Bolton

Bolton win @ 3 (0.5u)

Manchester City vs QPR

City to win to nil @ 1.86 (1.2u)

Spurs vs Fulham

Spurs -1.25 @ 2 (1u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 05-13-12 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Adding play

unitedlad

Been really busy, so unable to get this going for the new season. Will try to post up a few picks soon.

New season, new record.

Last Season's overall record: -0.01u

Overall record: 0-0
    Last edited by unitedlad; 11-14-12 at 10:07 AM.

unitedlad

Brazil v Colombia

Both Teams to score @ 1.75 (to win 3u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 11-14-12 at 07:22 PM.

unitedlad

Saturday 18/11

Arsenal v Tottenham

Both Teams to score @ 1.73 (to win 5u)

unitedlad

Brazil v Colombia

Both Teams to score @ 1.75 (to win 3u)
    Adding:

Sweden v England

Draw @ 3.33 (to win 1u)

Italy v France

Draw @ 3.3 (to win 1u)

ROI v Greece

ROI +0 AH @ 1.83 (to win 2u)
    Shane Long FGS @ 7.5 (to win 1.2u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 11-14-12 at 08:27 PM.

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Thanx for brazil btts
    Tailed
    Cashed
    Cheers

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by bolek View Post
    Thanx for brazil btts
    Tailed
    Cashed
    Cheers
    You picked the right one. All others were losers but thankfully that was the play of the night and got me back a lot of doh.

unitedlad

Saturday 17/11

Arsenal v Tottenham

Adding:

Norwich v Man Utd

United to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (to win 1.5u)
    under 2.5 goals @ 2.55 (to win 1u)

Played the exact same play in the exact same fixture last year and it worked. Anticipate a tight game, not many chances for either team. But I expect United to come away with the 3 points and scrape out another away victory like they have been doing recently by one goal margins.

West Brom v Chelsea

West Brom +0.5 AH @ 1.95 (to win 1u)

Both Team To Score Parlay

2 teams that hve been leaking goals yet scoring them.

Norwich v Man Utd
    West Brom v Chelsea
    @2.8 ( to win 1.8u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 11-15-12 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Got date wrong

unitedlad

Thursday 15/11

Live Bet

Altrincham v Burton Albion

Burton win @ 2.05 (to win 1u) adding one more unit. Total = to win 2u
    Last edited by unitedlad; 11-15-12 at 02:17 PM.

unitedlad

Weekend Mixed Sport Parlay

Crawley Town ML - Soccer
    New England Patriots ML - NFL
    @ 2.04 (to win 2u)

unitedlad

Saturday 18/11

Arsenal v Tottenham

Tottenham +0.5 AH @ 2.00 (to win 2u)

Adding:

Norwich v Man Utd

United to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (to win 1.5u)
    under 2.5 goals @ 2.55 (to win 1u)

Played the exact same play in the exact same fixture last year and it worked. Anticipate a tight game, not many chances for either team. But I expect United to come away with the 3 points and scrape out another away victory like they have been doing recently by one goal margins.

West Brom v Chelsea

West Brom +0.5 AH @ 1.95 (to win 1u)

Both Team To Score Parlay

2 teams that hve been leaking goals yet scoring them.

Norwich v Man Utd
    West Brom v Chelsea
    @2.8 ( to win 1.8u)
    Adding to Arsenal v Tottenham

First 123456 Last