Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Tuesday Championship

There is a game tomorrow that I have had my eye on for a while and I'm curious to see what others have to say and I cant wait until tomorrow cuz I may not be around.

NPower Championship -

Nottingham Forest v. Bristol City

I reeallllyyy like Forest here at home to beat up on Bristol City. The line has really moved down to Forest 1.51 but I got it when it was at 1.63. Forest is the far superior team and being at home, it will be difficult for Bristol to even put one in the back of the net. I also really like the Under 2.5 goals a lot as I see Forest winning this 1-0 or 2-0. I just hope Earnshaw doesn't explode and put up 2 himself then it could be a 3-0 or 4-0 type game but I feel they will go up early and play their stellar defense they always do.

I have a big play on full-time result: Nottingham Forest and a smaller play on the Under 2.5 goals. Then a 1-unit type parlay with Forest and the Under. I may also sprinkle some on the draw in case Forest just can't get anything going but I don't see that happening.

I live in Canada so I'm not surrounded by soccer/football hype so it would be nice to hear someone's thoughts on this game who might be a little more immersed in the culture and championship league this year.

Thanks!

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Loser, Loser, Chicken Smoozer

Bluedragon

So insightful man. Thanks. I hope you step in a big pile of dog shit today bro

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Good Luck

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

you can also throw a unit Forest to win by 1.

its +250 (3.50)

2-1 Forest wins

BOL

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by cappinthepigs View Post
    Loser, Loser, Chicken Smoozer
    That +12 Toronto Raptors and +4 Houston picks both lost on Saturday. Maybe you should remove them and at least try not to look like an idiot.

GL Bluedragon

Bluedragon

Thanks guys for the

That's a good call Blowseq. I'll look into playing that as well.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with taking Nottingham Forest at home to Bristol City. Tuesday night games are always difficult on the road (even if the Forest fans are quiet), and with Forest being one of the most in-form teams in the division I cannot see beyond them. Bristol City are towards the bottom, so anything above halves is a bonus. I'm not sure about the under 2.5 goals bet though - I'm staying well away from that. Forest are capable of scoring a few in this division with Tudgay, Earnshaw, Tyson, and McGugan's set pieces.

As another member pointed out in another thread, doubling up Forest with Manchester United gives you good odds on what look to be the best two bets of this evening

Bluedragon

Thanks Davey. Do you, or anybody for that matter, know a reliable starting-lineup site, please?? I don't know why but I'm starting to worry about this. I'm thinking about hedging my big forest play with a small-medium draw play just in case. Still not sure yet though.

Thanks for the Man U tip. Can they be trusted on the road??

I only laid small play on the total and intend to keep it that way.

Thanks guys!

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96
    Points Awarded:

Bluedragon gave blowseq 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bluedragon

GL forest backers!! Should be a good one!

Bluedragon

Well another Tuesday, another dollar.

I am looking for opinions on two games today....

QPR v Portsmouth - Top of the pack at home against a struggling Portsmouth team. QPR have been fairly steady this year but the only thing that bothers me is the amount of draws they have been putting on the board as of late and the lack of goals being scored. Portsmouth has drawn QPR a few times before but I see the Rangers coming out looking for the win today because they are only a few points ahead of the next spots and with Cardiff and Norwich at home today and Swansea playing Bristol City, they could have breath on their neck at the end of the day. I'm not saying that Cardiff and Norwich have easy matches today at all, that is why I think QPR will take advantage of that, get the result and hope for less in Card and Nor. There is a big price for taking Rangers so I may play a medium play on Rangers for the win and then parlay with Arsenal.

Coventry City v. Nottingham Forest - Looking at another full-time result here with Forest. My boys did it last week and I think the close loss on Sunday to a decent West Ham team will have them ready to come out for another league win. Coventry aren't heaps better than Bristol City and I see these two games as ones Forest will be looking at to get the extra points and gain ground in Npower. Sitting at 5th in the table and only a single point behind the 3rd and 4th place teams is enough to fuel the Forest-fire (had to say it lol) to get the win today. Those top spots are within reach and they know it. Also, Norwich and Cardiff don't have the EASIEST matches by any means today so with losses or draws there and a Forest win, hell, we could be looking a smack-dab-central English team possibly moving up in the near future. One must admit, they have impressed.

Full-time result:

QPR
    QPR x Arsenal
    Forest

Thoughts today, folks?

Thanks so much as always for your feedback!!!!

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Are you a Nottingham Forrest supporter? If so any thoughts on them signing Robbie Findley?

MJ_6rings
    I'm the GOAT!
    MJ_6rings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forest will get this..

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Are you a Nottingham Forrest supporter? If so any thoughts on them signing Robbie Findley?
    I would not, for the sake and honour of real supporters, consider myself a "supporter" per se. I like watching them play, I follow their results and what-not. I don't know how I came to like them, to be frank. In every sport that I enjoy watching there are teams that I like and teams, for no reason in particular, I just don't like. I compare it to human relationships. Some people you just naturally get on with real well and others just have that "irk" factor. I also found out a few years ago that my girlfriend's mom is from Nottingham Forest so that's a bonus LOL. I couldn't tell you the former teams of every player or where they eat a Friday meal and such like a true supporter. I also live in Canada so it's difficult to keep up in the hype of teams, especially ones not in EPL, and difficult to hear perspective from everyday football fans about things like trades.

From what I know of Findley he is a strong player and I think he will do well with the front-end that Forest has in place. To me, it seems like a wise move as Forest is gunning for that top spot. They have a good idea of how to get ahead early and then play good fundamental football to hold the lead but Findley is another strong asset to have if Forest go down in a match. I thought Forest were strong to begin with but this is a great addition!

That's my humble, officially admitted non-supporter opinion hahahaha

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by MJ_6rings View Post
    Forest will get this..
    Ya I think so. Even though the Cup game loss sunday was a little disheartening, they should use that game as an example of how they can come out with a big win today.

Bluedragon

I think if the value stays like this in Forest I may go big today. Feel like some ribs tonight haha

senser
    senser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Nothingham won too much. And for coventry it's been 8 games since their last win.
    Don't see Nothingham winning today.

Bluedragon

Thanks for the info. Washington Wizards are 0-20 on the road this year though in the NBA. I'm sure people have already lost their homes chasing that trend of "due for a"

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    Thanks for the info. Washington Wizards are 0-20 on the road this year though in the NBA. I'm sure people have already lost their homes chasing that trend of "due for a"
    0-24 now

Living in Baltimore I watch a lot of their games and have taken them on the spread recently. The win is coming and their ML is large almost every-game. But I haven't been able to pull the trigger on a Wizz win yet.

But back to football, I have a small play on Nottingham Forrest and a small play on Barsley.

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

the Wizz always Fizz at the end of games........i for one will neva bet on them this season

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    0-24 now

Living in Baltimore I watch a lot of their games and have taken them on the spread recently. The win is coming and their ML is large almost every-game. But I haven't been able to pull the trigger on a Wizz win yet.

But back to football, I have a small play on Nottingham Forrest and a small play on Barsley.
    Damn. 0-24 now? Thanks for the update lol.

Bluedragon

Forest got me another win. They went up early, then played their fundamentals and took the result. They are a threat to the tops of the table.

QPR also gettin' it done!

Cash Forest.....should cash QPR and QPR x Arsenal.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Bluedragon

So Nottingham is back in action again tomorrow lol. They are at home to Watford. I would love to think that Forest will stay hot and use this match as another rung to climb the ladder. They are within striking distance of the top of the table and I think they know it. Forest seem to be unstoppable right now and I think they take another home win tomorrow.

I also like Leeds at home in this position. So my two plays for tomorrow would be:

Full-time Result - Large play on Nottingham Forest
    - Small play on Leeds

I would love to hear more thoughts on these games tomorrow. Especially the Forest game. I just don't see Watford upsetting the Red-hot Reds. Ride the Forest fire!!

Also, anyone know how to change the thread name? Thanks!

Bluedragon

Bump for the late-night western hemisphere crowd/early-morning eastern hemisphere crowd lol

Bluedragon

Any thoughts on these games? Result - Forest and result - Leeds.

Bluedragon

I hope some people are cashing in on these LOL. Anyone know how to change the thread title????? Thanks. Let's get more input on these next games and cash winners!

Forest - WIN!!
    Leeds - WIN!!

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 6-0-0 (6wins, 0losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

Ok I'm going to try and keep this thread hot. Still wishing someone would check-in and direct me towards a thread name-changing solution. Thanks.

QPR v. Nottingham Forest - Well well, Nottingham has proved to be threat to the top that I thought they could be. Good on them but this weekend's match won't be a walk in the (queen's) park. I would love to think that Forest comes out strong and continues to show that they are the hottest team in the league right now so for that I am going to make a VERY small play on Nottingham Forest to win the match. With only 7 points difference between them and the leaders, it should be a good one. Traditionally, these teams play lower-scoring games but for some reason I think this one will be different.

Hull City v. Preston N. End - There are a lot of toss-up type matches this weekend with the possibility of a lot of draws but I like my chances here with Hull taking-on a bottom-level team. I know there is a lot of juice on this but that's ok, I'll eat the juice and also use this result in a parlay.

Cardiff City v. Scunthorpe United - Another full-time result here for Cardiff I think. Again juice, but I will lay it and parlay it.

WEEKEND N'POWER CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYS:

QPR v. Nottingham Forest - Forest (full-time result), both teams to score
    Hull v. Preston - Hull (full-time result)

Parlays:

Hull x Forest +1.5
    Hull x Cardiff
    Cardiff x ov 1.5 goals QPR v. Forest

As always, comments, fades/tails welcome!!

Bluedragon

Adding one play...

Derby County v. Leicester City - Leicester City (full-time result)
    Points Awarded:

Daveyboy gave Bluedragon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bluedragon

Thoughts anyone?? Good luck today everyone.

ararat2010
    ararat2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adding one play...

thanks for the pick. BOL

Bluedragon

After 86' and 11 corners...Cardiff finally scores. I almost pooped.

Bluedragon

Forest game just ended in a draw 1-1 after Nottingham was RED CARDED about 1/4 of the way through the match. If that hadn't had happened they wold have for sure put another one in the back of the net. The fire fvckin' burns onnnn with that bringing a close to another successful Npower Championship week. Watch out Rangers, Forest is coming. If they didn't have 10 men for 65mins then you would be that much closer to losing that #1 spot!!

Forest (full-time result)
    QPR-Forest - Both teams to score
    Hull (full-time result)
    Hull (full-time) x Forest +1.5
    Hull (full-time) x Cardiff (full-time)
    Cardiff x QPR-Forest OV 1.5 goals
    Leicester City (full-time)

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 12-1-0 (12wins, 1loss, 0pushes)

Daveyboy

Edit
    Last edited by Daveyboy; 02-14-11 at 04:34 AM.

Daveyboy

Adding one play...

This was my big winner at Evens over the weekend too

123 Last