gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thursday picks ( 191-161 +26.80 )

I wanted to get these in tonight. I really dont see much value in the -1.5 line with Spain, they should definitely have a striker in this game but Spain have become so predictable in their play. Ball control, tons of passing and Ireland can just park the bus in the back and maybe get something on the counter. Ireland really surprised me with their poor play in the match against Croatia but I am really starting to think this is not a top tier european soccer team. I had seen a few of Irelands qualifiers and a friendly and been reading alot about their impressive run and just got a little carried away with how they looked before euro 2012.

When you are in europe facing top talent in a tourney like this is when you really see the different talent levels and Spain should absolutely dominate here.

They will dominate possession for sure, but can Spain do more than make beautiful short passes and actually break through the Irish defense and put a few goals in the ole onion bag is the question. Probably yes and Spain will probably crush Ireland, but I am just going to play these cross sports parlays and play Spain to win. Better than sweating out a two goal lead and some sort of late cover by Ireland or another half field spanish passing game where they never break through the back lines.

Spain/Thunder (NBA) -128 risk 1.28

Spain/Giants -1
    (wednesday night) (MLB) +122 risk 1

Spain to win Group C -128 risk 1.28

Futures

Russia to win group A +151 risk 2

Germany to win group B +131 risk 2

Germany to win euro 2012 +344 risk 2

Spain to win euro 2012 +275 risk 1

Van Persie o1.5 -171 risk 1.71

Klose o1.5 goals +119 risk 1

Benzema o1.5 -157 risk 1.57
    Last edited by gregm; 06-13-12 at 08:00 PM.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I was looking at the Spain to win the group prop earlier and it seemed enticing.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I agree JT. Goal differential may be huge here, a 1-0 win for spain and a draw with Italy /Croatia or an Italy win may make this final game with Croatia very tense. Spain needs to win here and score some goals, their formation from last game with no striker should bite the dust and the more I look at his game I think they have to attack and play offensive ball and hopefully pour the goals on.

Spai will dominate possession and hopefully they will be a little more creative in their set pieces and attacking. A 1 goal game can always be very dangerous for teams, we almost saw the Germans find that out today.

Spain tt o1.5 goals -225 risk 2.25