therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Newcastle United +900 and more?

Crazy to most if not everyone, also hold much hatred for Man City being a Man U supporter but I still think there is value in this play. I'm probably wasting my time writing this and Man City will roll 4-0, but f*** it.

City looked pressured and sloppy on defense vs QPR last week, with the chances QPR had a side of more quality would have probably put Man City away if not achieved a draw. QPR dominated many key stats.

City are undefeated at home boasting a 5-0 record, however this isn't something to brag about as they have had wins over Swansea, Wigan, Everton, Aston Villa and Wolverhampton. All of whom have allowed more than at least 8 more goals than Newcastle who are ranked first in goals conceded.

Newcastle have also only conceded 3 goals whilst traveling, and although they are vsing the scoring machine of City I think this is a great statistic. Newcastle is also sporting a win streak of three games, their best form of this season. They are also looking for a significant win against a quality side and I think they will play hard.

The beginning minutes are crucial for Newcastle, if they can hold some quality possession in City's half and push as the aggressor there could be some nice opportunities. Newcastle is ranked first in the premier league at winning the game if they are ahead at half time, 4-0. Alternatively Newcastle are also ranked first in the premier league when losing at halftime, managing to draw all their games when they are behind at the half.

Overall I think Newcastle have a great chance at pushing a draw here, Man City who must be under some pressure to maintain their amazing form as well as defending home territory. The only scary thing about taking any option favouring Newcastle in this game is Man Citys scoring prowess that could be turned on at any minute. I'm hoping Newcastle can get up early and stay alert and sharp for 90 minutes.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions so please post!

Newcastle ML +900 (0.5x)
    Newcastle +2 -130 (4x)
    Draw +375 (1.5x)
    Under 2.5 Goals +133 (1x)
    Anytime Goal Scorer D. Ba (0.5x) +350
    Last edited by therealdealau; 11-11-11 at 01:05 AM.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Nice write up. A small punt on a draw no bet may be an worth it however, I do see City winning. I think a lot of people are overreacting about Newcastles unbeaten start. I'm not taking it away from them but Newcastle are a side that could easily start going on a ten game losing streak if you get me.

I laugh at the people taking the Newcastle top four odds. Come the end of the season I am confident they will be in the top HALF of the table but not top FOUR.

Another bet you might want to consider is BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE.

justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeautifulGame View Post
    Nice write up. A small punt on a draw no bet may be an worth it however, I do see City winning. I think a lot of people are overreacting about Newcastles unbeaten start. I'm not taking it away from them but Newcastle are a side that could easily start going on a ten game losing streak if you get me.

I laugh at the people taking the Newcastle top four odds. Come the end of the season I am confident they will be in the top HALF of the table but not top FOUR.

Another bet you might want to consider is BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE.
    Totally agree with you on this. They remind me Levante in Spanish La liga, great start, top of the table for a bit, but there is not enough quality to continue such a run. Although that particular game is hard to predict since Newcastle presents a good quality football, they didn't have demanding opposition to really test them. We'll be able to say more about them after next 3 games which will tell us if that is just a lucky run or they have that "something" to fight for the top 4 this season.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

these posts are the only reason City ends up winning by 3 or more

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

At St James's (SPORTS DIRECT ARENA, LOL) I'd give them a real chance and would actually fancy them, at the Sheik bowl, no chance.