lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7647

Man Utd V Arsenal

Utd looks solid so far. Arsenal has been struggling but a big midweek win should help confidence. Utd rarely lose at home but to me they are overpriced for an early season game. Arsenal has nothing to lose and are expected to get blown out or lose for sure. We all know in sports the most predictable results dont happen when we think they will. Arseanl are short in midfield and in defense but Utd has young players( who have been good so far) who dont understand the occasion( the same can be said for Arsenal) and this might lead to a small let up by Fergusons troops.There are many good options on this game and I dont reckon Arsenal Ml +600 and above is one of them but Arsenal over 0.5 goals at -143 is good and so is Arsenal first half at +0.5.

I also believe Arsenal +1 will push at worst and you can get that at + money. I am going to look closely at how the odds move but i will most likely be on the plays i mentioned.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

+0.5 ht only play I'd make

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Arsenal have a pretty big list of injuries/suspensions which doesn't even include Nasri/Fabregas leaving (http://www.arsenal.com/team-news)

Wenger will probably create a system around Walcott, RVP, Arshavin. Vermaelan is also good news for them. But honestly this is a pretty terrible situation for Wenger, if he loses this game he won't complain too much. At the same time if he wins it could put a lot of life into the club, it would be pretty huge to steal a win at OT with the drama surrounding them.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Arsenal have a pretty big list of injuries/suspensions which doesn't even include Nasri/Fabregas leaving (http://www.arsenal.com/team-news) Wenger will probably create a system around Walcott, RVP, Arshavin. Vermaelan is also good news for them. But honestly this is a pretty terrible situation for Wenger, if he loses this game he won't complain too much. At the same time if he wins it could put a lot of life into the club, it would be pretty huge to steal a win at OT with the drama surrounding them.
    yes yes, but..

cant count out 4-0 either.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

I'm leaning towards a draw myself.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    yes yes, but..

cant count out 4-0 either.
    You mean United winning 4-0? It could probably be worse than that, are you taking 1.50 or United handicap?
    Points Awarded:

Daveyboy gave JOHON8 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    You mean United winning 4-0? It could probably be worse than that, are you taking 1.50 or United handicap?
    i might just take Rooney or Chicha to score.. whenever i bet on Man Utd games, i like to bet specials...

The Special One

but then again, -1 looks solid..

lakerboy

but then again, -1 looks solid..

with a +600 ml for arsenal i thought it might hit -1/1.5.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    with a +600 ml for arsenal i thought it might hit -1/1.5.
    Pool today was 1.35 ML and -1.25... Man Utd will be higher, so i think -1...

but then again, after people start to pound Man Utd well see it go to -1.25

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

+600 is way to high. Arsenal still have a very strong side and are much better than the Spurs team that cam to OT last round.

I will probably play under 2.5 goals. United are good, but young. Arsenal have more cutting edge than Spurs so +1 at evens is ok too.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

gonna try exact score man u 2-0 @ +534 and 3-0 @ +934. probably won't hit, but i'm gonna try these w/man u this year.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    +600 is way to high. Arsenal still have a very strong side and are much better than the Spurs team that cam to OT last round. I will probably play under 2.5 goals. United are good, but young. Arsenal have more cutting edge than Spurs so +1 at evens is ok too.
    no theyre not

RubberKettle

no theyre not
    Well I was comparing them to Spurs from last week. Spurs had no forwards, they were never going to score in that game. No focal point. With Adebayor they will be different.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7946

Arsenal don't have a lot of scoring ability right now. Best bet would be to take specific 1-0,2-0 scores the way Man U looks.

RubberKettle

I am a huge Man United fan and this game scares me.

When you back an animal into a corner it becomes very aggressive and dangerous. I'm worried Arsenal are in that corner.

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I am a huge Man United fan and this game scares me.

When you back an animal into a corner it becomes very aggressive and dangerous. I'm worried Arsenal are in that corner.

Yes but they are not animals, just very well paid footballers ... they have been in a black hole since the ending of last season now lost their best players, I agree they still have some nice players but Man U has a good squad also ... the thing is that Fergie is a good menager with alot of luck and intuiton for the right things and right moves, I guess you are paranoid just cuz you are a united fan ... should be a united win today, can't see them loosing at home.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

This game has over written all over it.

amonsot
    amonsot's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am tipping manchester united to win the title this season.

They are CLEAR winners in my mind from what i have seen of the top teams in the EPL in pre-season.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Aresenal certianly don't have the consistency and depth in squad to match it with them the whole season. Man City perhaps, but all things given, much stronger liklihood of United staying strong.

City will pick up draws in this season, and Chelsea will continue to leak goals.

Regarding this game, i expect Man United to win.

A draw no bet on arsenal at 5.8 seems good value, bookies giving 17% chance of it happening. I think it is slightly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post
    This game has over written all over it.
    The only bet i have taken is an under 2.5 goals at 2.18 seemed good value to me. Early title contender games tend add too much occasion to the game and teams play a lot more reserved.

gangster
    gangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

leaning towards over!! any suggestions?

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is the first time I will disagree with Lakerboy in my life. The United players don't understand the occasion is a very bold statement to make as you don't know what is going on behind the scene. I think on the balance of probability, they do understand that this is a massive game for them. They just simply have to look at Ryan Giggs to tell them how important this game is. If Jones plays, he will give you 100%, so no question about his commitment. Rooney will forever try to score in the 90mins if the score is 0-0 by 89 minutes. United has a culture of winning and playing till the end mentality in them that it takes years to drill the mentality into the team. United home record 17-1-0 last season and SAF normally get the edge over Wenger at home in history, as he is always able to tinker his team a bit to counteract Wenger playing style. I expect this to continue. If Arsenal couldn't get a win last season at OT, I don't think how they can win today. Anything less than a win is points dropped for United and I am sure SAF knows that. Players will be up for it doesn't matter if it is earlier on during the season.

The only way this game will go under will depend on how the two keepers play. If De Gea is average, then Arsenal can score one goal at OT.

Good luck!!!! Will be looking to profit from United in live bet!

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you guys saw the game last week vs Spurs, it was a 0-0 game for the first 60 min. so if you think Arsenal has weaker deffence than Spurs bet the over ...

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by escou View Post
    If you guys saw the game last week vs Spurs, it was a 0-0 game for the first 60 min. so if you think Arsenal has weaker deffence than Spurs bet the over ...
    I don't think it's a good strategy to compare one team with another like that if you know what I mean.

hedgejob

Quote Originally Posted by escou View Post
    United had plenty of chances in the first half if you saw the game. They had plenty against WBA too.

hedgejob

Quote Originally Posted by amonsot View Post
    I am tipping manchester united to win the title this season.

They are CLEAR winners in my mind from what i have seen of the top teams in the EPL in pre-season.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Aresenal certianly don't have the consistency and depth in squad to match it with them the whole season. Man City perhaps, but all things given, much stronger liklihood of United staying strong.

City will pick up draws in this season, and Chelsea will continue to leak goals.

Regarding this game, i expect Man United to win.

A draw no bet on arsenal at 5.8 seems good value, bookies giving 17% chance of it happening. I think it is slightly higher.

The only bet i have taken is an under 2.5 goals at 2.18 seemed good value to me. Early title contender games tend add too much occasion to the game and teams play a lot more reserved.
    It's unwise to be declaring any team clear winners this early in a season. Remember how Chelsea were thumping teams this time last year? People were saying they were the clear winners too.

amonsot
    amonsot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post
    It's unwise to be declaring any team clear winners this early in a season. Remember how Chelsea were thumping teams this time last year? People were saying they were the clear winners too.
    That is true.

I am basing my Man United title win on pre-season and the first 2 games of the season. I havent put down a large postion on title winners, i think its horrible use of bankroll. I mentioned my view on title winners to setup my sentiments for the game.

I also expect Tottenham to settle back to mid-table mediocrity and the odds on them are shorter than they should be.

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

looking forward to your pick!!!!!!

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

bro im an arsenal fan And i see them losing 2 goals to 0 in this one. United over 1½ goals is the play

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no way Man united loses. gl

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    There is no way Man united loses. gl
    Thats why they play the game

lakerboy

utd -1 and 1.5 now. interesting.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    utd -1 and 1.5 now. interesting.
    yes exactly what we expected...

serc
    serc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

Do you guys think Arsenal can score in this game?

lakerboy

arsenal ml +811

BetWhisperer
    BetWhisperer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Possibly Arsenal's most inexperienced team ever. I'm a fan and I'm scared.

12 Last