SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to LFC, Charlie Adam

To be confirmed in the next few days, most likely tomorrow.

Also signing Downing for 16m. Not done yet though.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lou

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Charlie who?

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Adam is a good signing but why the hell we need Downing for 16M i hope he stays at AV

svenodds
    MOJO
    svenodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5885

Meireles on his way out? any info?

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by svenodds View Post
    Meireles on his way out? any info?
    The previous regime made some promises to him, which Fenway Sports Group can't agree to. Plus, he's 28, in the twilight years and has problems finishing games, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny was looking to ship him out at the right price.

We're also getting Downing. Made a 2nd bid for Mata.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Settling for downing after losing out on young sucks..... do like Adam but well see if he can handle Liverpool And where he fits in. ... what u thinking their lineup will be so far sov?

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    Settling for downing after losing out on young sucks..... do like Adam but well see if he can handle Liverpool And where he fits in. ... what u thinking their lineup will be so far sov?
    Both Downing and Young were big targets. We wanted to sign both. Downing was not a backup to Young. We missed out on Young since we could not ask him to lower his wage demands (100k/week, supposedly).

Liverpool will be completing quite a few deals this week. The management is aiming to wrap up all British transfers before the European transfer market opens in July, which is when the attention will be shifted to the European targets.

Kenny came back from his holiday last night. Expect deals to start happening from Monday/Tuesday.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Nice thanks for the info.... keep it coming over the next few months before the season starts! I can't wait til it gets going!

markteal
    markteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1614

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurk View Post
    Charlie who?
    Fat Scottish underachiever with a bad attitude to being a pro, also very talented until his fitness shows him up half way through a game, could be a great signing if they can get him into shape, but personally think that's a big if, relieved he isn't coming to United

hockeyhy
    [color=rgb(0, 255, 255)][Too Long][/color]
    hockeyhy's Avatar Become A Pro!

charlie bit my finger, ow charlie, charlie bit my finger, and that really hurt

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Quote Originally Posted by markteal View Post
    Fat Scottish underachiever with a bad attitude to being a pro, also very talented until his fitness shows him up half way through a game, could be a great signing if they can get him into shape, but personally think that's a big if, relieved he isn't coming to United
    He could have done well with Rooney though.

drgonzo111
    drgonzo111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

Not a bad signing, he could do good things for liverpool. Enjoyed watching him last year

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

So is Kenny going to drop Lucas? Meireles wasn't played at CM much (if at all) under Kenny only under Roy. I really don't want to see Meireles go. Also, why the hell are we paying 16M for Downing? Not worth it.

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

pool buying so much inflated british crap, it's ridiculous

SoV
    "Why always me"

Nah, he's fairly good. Welcome!

There's going to be another medical today or tomorrow.

New keeper Doni.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Doni

As in this guy....

SoV
    "Why always me"

Yes, that Doni. Backup to Reina, won't be getting many games.

Made a final 16m+N'Gog bid for Downing. Made a 2nd bid for Mata too.

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liverpool building a qulity team with TEAM players most important thing for me, that is why United is always good they have crap players, but play as a team.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good on the ball and with set pieces, but he doesn't do enough running around - that weakness will be exposed at Liverpool.

Downing is a great player though.

alon7777777

what about Aquilani he's comin back or stays in Italy?

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by alon7777777 View Post
    what about Aquilani he's comin back or stays in Italy?
    He's training with the first team right now. He's also said that he wants to stay with Liverpool. Kenny rates him but because of injury problems, he's not too keen to retain him. If a good offer comes for Aquilani, we'll sell him. Otherwise, we'll keep him as a backup.

alon7777777

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    He's training with the first team right now. He's also said that he wants to stay with Liverpool. Kenny rates him but because of injury problems, he's not too keen to retain him. If a good offer comes for Aquilani, we'll sell him. Otherwise, we'll keep him as a backup.
    thanks for the info.
    Aquilani is a great talent who was slowed down by injuries i really hope he can come back strong and stay at Liverpool if he does he must fight with Henderson for the first team spot so i dont know if he really gonna play that much

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

SoV,

You have to be impressed with FSV and John W. Henry right? First they bring back Kenny, then off load Torres for Suarez/ Carroll and now they are doing good things in the summer break.

Class organization.

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

another central midfielder wtf? why? although price is decent.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Quote Originally Posted by markteal View Post
    - Marky !!!!! as a Scot I feel obliged to defend Chainsaw Charlie , as a Rangers fan who watched him at Ibrox for a couple of seasons I'd have to say that he has been OVERACHIEVING since he left our club , Charlie has a sweet left foot but you are correct in saying he is not a natural athlete , at Rangers he was used wide left and struggled there for pace but when moved inside one at Blackpool he was a far better player and his form in the Championship did not surprise me (I thought he had found his level ) but the fact he carried it into the EPL last season did .
    He was getting terrible stick at Rangers and his form suffered (out of position ) but when we sold him for £500,000 I certainly felt he was worth more . we are recieving a further £900,000 from a sell on clause in his contract so we got £1.4 million in the end which i feel is now correct , Obviously I'd like to see Chas do well at Liverpool but that is my heart talking as my head still considers Liverpool to be one of Europe's biggest clubs and I just dont think oor Chas is good enough . Love him to prove me wrong though !!!!!!!!! GL Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by alon7777777 View Post

thanks for the info.
    Aquilani is a great talent who was slowed down by injuries i really hope he can come back strong and stay at Liverpool if he does he must fight with Henderson for the first team spot so i dont know if he really gonna play that much
    I think Henderson will play a lot more than most people think. But yes, I've love it if Aquilani stayed. If he stays injury free, he can be a great asset for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    SoV,

You have to be impressed with FSV and John W. Henry right? First they bring back Kenny, then off load Torres for Suarez/ Carroll and now they are doing good things in the summer break.

Class organization.
    Absolutely delighted with them, especially after our previous owners. FSG and John Henry, while still learning, have taken some great decisions for the club. Like you mention, appointing Kenny as manager, getting us Suarez and Carroll (in addition to a massive fee for Torres), appointing Damien Comolli, hiring Steve Clarke etc. They've made some brilliant decisions so far and are also backing Kenny in the transfer market.

John's interaction with fans in person and on twitter suggest that he is very interested in Liverpool's revival. He must know that if he brings the PL trophy back to Anfield, he will have his name engraved in Anfield history. And so far, he's done all the right things to suggest that he will do everything in his capacity to take Liverpool back to where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by tankman777 View Post
    another central midfielder wtf? why? although price is decent.
    I was thinking the same, but look at teams like Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea. All of them have plenty of midfielders and have done better than us in recent memory. For a team, one needs depth in the squad which we're going to have. However, it's still early in the window and we might see some departures, so all is not set in stone yet.

I was also reading Damien Comolli's interview and this part was very interesting:

We were looking with Kenny at data on how well Blackpool did at set pieces last season. If you look at them, they are at the very top of the Premier League. That's another reason to bring in a player like this - he's going to bring a lot to us in the run of play but also set plays.

Set plays are so important in the Premier League these days, aren't they?

It's around 35 per cent of the goals, so the more we have players who can take set plays, the better. We know Jordan Henderson used to take all the set plays at Sunderland and do it well. Charlie was doing the same for Blackpool. I've just watched some of the highlights of some of the goals he scored from direct free-kicks. He's a complete package of a very modern midfield player who can do several things on the pitch. And he brings this left foot that we didn't have in midfield until now.
    35% of goals from set-pieces and we've been shite from them in the past few years. The one year we had Aurelio banging in the freekicks, we finished 2nd. So I can see the reason behind the signings of Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson.

alon7777777

keeper,midfield and forwards lookin great but we need to sign some defenders kick out Kyrgiakos who cost us more then a couple of games by himself last season, i mean Agger gonna miss games with injury like he always does who Kenny gonna put instead? Cara and Skretel not gonna play all 38 games

SoV
    "Why always me"

Well, we were in for Jones but he had his heart set on Man Utd. We're looking at a few defenders, incluing Dann and Cissokho.

Also, Raul not included in the squad for the Asia tour.

alon7777777

i thank and wish good luck to Meireles for that great 2 months he had last season but i guess with Henderson,Aquilani and Adam they can let him leave.
    not playin in europe is a good thing i been a Liverpool fan since 94 and the only thing that matters is the EPL title. was really devastating last year that Mancs got one up on us. Lets get it back this year

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

I've seen some of his goals in a lot of videos and i definatelly like him as a scoring midfielder.

alon7777777

welcome to Liverpool

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17978

Interesting signing. Not a fan of Liverpool, but wouldn't mind see them winning the title for a chance.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Quote Originally Posted by TT22 View Post
    Interesting signing. Not a fan of Liverpool, but wouldn't mind see them winning the title for a chance.
    Yup I'd like to see that happen too but I really dont think it will be this year , ( wouldn't be 1st time Ive been wrong but it'd be one of the better times ) . GL Men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markteal
    markteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1614

Quote Originally Posted by truebluebear View Post
    - Marky !!!!! as a Scot I feel obliged to defend Chainsaw Charlie , as a Rangers fan who watched him at Ibrox for a couple of seasons I'd have to say that he has been OVERACHIEVING since he left our club , Charlie has a sweet left foot but you are correct in saying he is not a natural athlete , at Rangers he was used wide left and struggled there for pace but when moved inside one at Blackpool he was a far better player and his form in the Championship did not surprise me (I thought he had found his level ) but the fact he carried it into the EPL last season did .
    He was getting terrible stick at Rangers and his form suffered (out of position ) but when we sold him for £500,000 I certainly felt he was worth more . we are recieving a further £900,000 from a sell on clause in his contract so we got £1.4 million in the end which i feel is now correct , Obviously I'd like to see Chas do well at Liverpool but that is my heart talking as my head still considers Liverpool to be one of Europe's biggest clubs and I just dont think oor Chas is good enough . Love him to prove me wrong though !!!!!!!!! GL Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think he did so well at Blackpool cos he was the main man, they built the team around him, with people doing his share of the running, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Liverpool with Stevie G being the center of attention.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Id like to see him get fitter and improve while at Liverpool to help Scotland.

12 Last