mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Man U could be building for a pretty solid future with the old vets calling it quits

mlb

Charlie Adam
    Ashley Young
    Luka Modric
    David De Gea
    Wesley Schneider (but he has since told the world he will remain at Inter)
    Jordan Henderson
    Phil Jones

All guys that could help this squad immensely and will not break the chemistry that allowed Man U to win the EPL this year. I am very excited for this summer in the EPL

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Sir Alex will always have Man U on top , Idk how he does it

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see them bringing in that many big name players. If they do, wow, will they be tough to beat.

mlb

Oh no way! Just names that have been linked and guys that seem to have a legit shot. .. at most they will bring in 3 of those guys on top of de gea

mlb

It all depends on nani if there will be an outside winger or 2 coming with giggs winding down... really think they need to look at more defenders ... other names linked....

Eden hazard
    samir nasri (both of these guys would be awesome to snag but I really can't see either of those deals actually going through

Alexis Sanchez from udinese is also linked and is a prizes asset But it looks currently like man u is a long shot. ... will try to keep updated on stuff that unfolds over the course of the summer!

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

Smooth transition, that's how Sir Alex does it. He brings in young lads, and slowly works them into the squad. That way both their and the fans expectations are managed and the vets can pass on the experience and team spirit. Ronaldo only started to shine on his third season, same with nani. chicharito, the twins, darron gibson, smalling are next in line.

so this season united only really need a keeper with immediate impact, the rest can be value players for the future like henderson and phil jones.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

They need 3 good signings. A keeper (Most likely De Gea), a creative midfielder (like Westley Sneider) and a Striker (unlikely to be Sanchez).

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    They need 3 good signings. A keeper (Most likely De Gea), a creative midfielder (like Westley Sneider) and a Striker (unlikely to be Sanchez).
    Striker??!!??? Nope, got enough.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

we desperately need a creative midfielder and of course a goal keeper. Maybe we can pouch modric or even van der vaart from spurs.

RubberKettle

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    Striker??!!??? Nope, got enough.
    They need a striker. Berba will likely move somewhere, I hear AC Milan. Rooney is more comfortable playing off the front. Hernandez is a classic poacher and great goal scorer, but he can't play every game. I'm not sure we can count on Bebe to produce anything in the near future.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need a striker. Berba will likely move somewhere, I hear AC Milan. Rooney is more comfortable playing off the front. Hernandez is a classic poacher and great goal scorer, but he can't play every game. I'm not sure we can count on Bebe to produce anything in the near future.
    Macheda and Welbeck will be good enough IF Berbatov leaves (I doubt its going to happen!)

RubberKettle

Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    Macheda and Welbeck will be good enough IF Berbatov leaves (I doubt its going to happen!)
    Its not about just being good enough. I don't see Welbeck as an out and out striker in this United team.

Macheda has scored 4 goals for United and started out of necessity. He is still very raw. And was just held scoreless in 14 games with relegated Samp.

These two don't really inspire confidence. I'm honestly more excited to get Tom Cleverly back at OT.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Its not about just being good enough. I don't see Welbeck as an out and out striker in this United team.

Macheda has scored 4 goals for United and started out of necessity. He is still very raw. And was just held scoreless in 14 games with relegated Samp.

These two don't really inspire confidence.
    Have to agree with the second quote here

mlb

de gea and Ashley young rumored to be the first ones on their way!

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

Tottenham's Luka Modric is one hella player. He would definitely be a good signing

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Welbeck yes, Macheda no. He's gone off the rails since the Villa goal, it went to his head. He was awful this season in a league that's actually more suited to him. Honestly can't see him making it. Cleverley and Ravel Morrison (If he can stay out of jail) are more likely guys to step up and make an impact. Morrison is one of the most talented players to ever come through the ranks according to most coaches at OT, he's a complete mentalist though.

I think we should hold onto Berbatov, he's so useful against the weaker teams, especially at home. Not sure we're going to spend as much as reported. Ashley Young does not exactly fill me with confidence, he'd be a decent squad player, but not better than Nani IMO.

Irish Jet

Why not? He was absolutely brilliant for a stage this season, really got held back with injuries. He's an outstanding prospect, always had great ability but was a bit weak. He's bulked up a bit and now really fits his frame, he's always been a better prospect than Macheda.

Agree on Cleverley though. Can't wait to have him back.

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

ManU has always been one of my favourite teams. I hope it gets good players to see good matches agains Barça

MartR
    MartR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 973

Where did you see news about Wesley Schneider? Have I missed something?

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

who are they again? i only remember the winner .................... forget those losers lol

Karim
    Karim's Avatar Become A Pro!

what are the odds that if i send the manchester club a video with a very talented player that they will watch it ?

Irish Jet

Quote Originally Posted by MartR View Post
    Where did you see news about Wesley Schneider? Have I missed something?
    We've been heavily linked with him for the last year or so.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

scholes is finally gone

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I want to see Manchester United get some revenge. A team this historic can't get owned like that, and leave it as is. They'll be back.

mlb

no move done for sure but a few getting closer i read but you never know until they are inked

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are only rumours, not all of them will sign. I don't see Charlie Adam as a Fergie-type player, Hendo has gone to Liverpool, Schneijder's staying apparently, Spurs look set to keep Modric for another year....

United need a creative centre midfield if they want to have a solid future. Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool set to spend big this summer, and I wouldn't put it past Chelsea doing the same when they have a manager....

Irish Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    These are only rumours, not all of them will sign. I don't see Charlie Adam as a Fergie-type player, Hendo has gone to Liverpool, Schneijder's staying apparently, Spurs look set to keep Modric for another year....

United need a creative centre midfield if they want to have a solid future. Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool set to spend big this summer, and I wouldn't put it past Chelsea doing the same when they have a manager....
    Liverpool will get Charlie Adam. Thankfully. Same for Henderson. He's shit.

Sneijder will probably go to Chelsea and Modric will stay.

Lot of rumours linking us with Alexis Sanchez, it's a race between United and City. He's a great player but with Ashley Young coming in we have enough wingers.

devvvvy
    devvvvy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I dont think Sneijder will move, unless he gets paid double.

Man U will probably take Stekelenburg (Ajax) as their goalie this summer or next summer. It would be a great honour for him to follow Van der Sar. But if they dont take him this summer, and Ajax does well coming season, Stekelenburg will get too expensive. Perhaps Gomez would be another choice.

Irish Jet

Quote Originally Posted by devvvvy View Post
    I dont think Sneijder will move, unless he gets paid double.

Man U will probably take Stekelenburg (Ajax) as their goalie this summer or next summer. It would be a great honour for him to follow Van der Sar. But if they dont take him this summer, and Ajax does well coming season, Stekelenburg will get too expensive. Perhaps Gomez would be another choice.
    Doubtful. Apparently David De Gea from Atletico is already a done deal...

818z_finest
    818z_finest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4846

i wonder what SAF is thinking when it comes to De Gea... would much rather get maarten stekelenburg from ajax who has AT LEAST 10+ seasons left in him still of top class football. but i have learned never to question the gaffer when it comes to transfers... although i would love to see bastian schweenie come to OT..

mlb

True but there has to be something That were unaware of cuz saf knows what he is doing and this big of a transfer he has thought through for sure

818z_finest
    818z_finest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4846

anyone knowif united are still in the sanchez race?

mlb

Heard it was most likely barca.... Chelsea and united Were behind

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

nice job last night by the lads, 7-0, against mls seattle, wayne rooney 3 in the second half.

12 Last