Creditsforedits
    Creditsforedits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1745

Liverpool continue to sign players that will not make them title contenders

surely this sh*t has to stop? It has been a looong time since Liverpool signed anyone of any real caliber.. and here they are again, in for 20mil for Downing

Charlie Adams is basically Kevin Nolan MKII, and look where he plays now! I hope Carroll is worth the 35mil, but it is a case of him proving he is worth it rather than a value buy... the money Liverpool throw down the drain makes the Federal Reserve look positively frugal.

Even with Tevez on his way out of City, Chelsea with a mini-mourinho, all the Febregas distractions at Arsenal and modric at Tottenham, Liverpool are not going to challenge any time soon - Dalglish even admits it - so why are you spending 65million on these players?! Turns out Liverpool might have to give back money they got if they don't develop the new stadium... shadow of the old owners still hanging over them, poor work in the transfer market and a manager living off past glories - just a standard year on the Mersey then!

United are gonna be 10 titles ahead of you before you get your act together at this rate...

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Downing would be their best signing since Suarez.

Problem for Liverpool is they have a crap manager, now too many midfielders and a crap defence.

Not sure about the United quote, but Liverpool will be outside the top 2 next season.

Amsterdamn
    Amsterdamn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    Problem for Liverpool is they have a crap manager
    wat?

Creditsforedits

Dalglish has a pretty patchy record at management, I reserve my judgement on him for now so I think crap is a little harsh but he is also not good.. kinda meh.. this is his make or break season and his transfer activity so far is pushing him to the negative.

The game has moved on a bit since his last success in a managerial capacity.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

have you considered the financial rule being applied in near future and epl rule (is it new, I forgot) bout number of british players in a team?

and one more thing, although these british players are being bought with such high price, their wages are not that high compared to current squad like cole, jovanovic, and the list goes on and on and on.

Creditsforedits

They won't get these rules through, the FA makes far to much money selling clubs to dodgy foreign billionaires and also by marketing abroad, they need the overseas players and they don't care enough about the national interest to counter this.

Also the wages of players soon change with success, even British players, Rooney is on crazy money and if Carroll or Adams become any good they will soon demand parity with the overseas players.

Said it before and will say it again, Liverpool have really struggled to perform well in the transfer market for many, many years. They have some great home grown talent, so they clearly have a youth system that works.. so why they spend on useless, unproven foreign imports is beyond me!