SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Twins at Devil Rays - Sep 5th

Seo, Rays worth the gamble

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com
    Betting on the D-Rays against Johan Santana takes some hutzpah...and some good antacids.

The Twinkies have been playing some pretty erratic ball of late, and I'm not so sure they should be laying this type of chalk right now.

I know Johan Santana is toeing the rubber, and people will be lining up to lay the chalk and play the run-line, but this looks like a good spot to back the Devil Rays at home after they lost a tough one in the opener by a 2-1 count.

Jae Seo hasn't been that bad at the Tropicana of late. He went toe-to-toe with the nasty bats of the Tigers, Yankees, Blue Jays, Indians, and Angels in his last five home starts. The only squads to get him were the Halos and Tribe when he hurt himself and went on the DL.

This will be Seo's first start since that game, and I hope the time off rejuvenated him and got him back to the form that saw him limit the Tigers, Yanks, and BJ's.

A few other aspects that point me towards the Rays is the fact that they're crushing southpaws of late, and they've got a friendly ump behind the dish. Tampa's crushed lefties their last 10 to the tune of a .365 clip, and HP Ump Gary Cederstrom has seen the home team win in 17 of the 28 games he's perched behind the bump.

I know it's a tremendous shot in the dark fading Johan and Minny tonight considering the Twins have won his last 10 starts, but something stinks with this line since it's not as high as I thought it should be. Take the chance, and break out the Maalox cause it's going to be a heart wrenching three hours.

Play: Devil Rays +230

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

you sir have balls of steel to take a shot with the d'rays tonight at this point of the season. the only way i could even consider playingt his game would be to take the twins or just pass on the game all togather.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a refreshing change seeing one of these guys taking a huge dog, good luck tonight sir.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minnesota on the run line...
    thats the only way I would bet on this game...