SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

D-Backs at Marlins - Sep 5th

Fish & Snakes: Over

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com
    For whatever reason, these two teams have a knack for going over and the trend should continue today in Miami.

The over is now 9-3 in the last 12 head-to-head meetings between these clubs after the 8-5 Florida win here yesterday, and we look for that trend to continue tonight.

The Marlins' offense has been scorching lately averaging 9.0 runs per game in their last three contests, and we look for the Fish to feast on Arizona starter Claudio Vargas in this contest. Vargas may be 10-9 for the year, but he has not exactly been fooling batters with a 5.15 ERA overall, a figure that rises to 5.51 over his last three starts.

Vargas has also had his difficulties the last four times that he has faced Florida, allowing 15 runs on 24 hits and seven walks in just 18-2/3 innings over those outings.

Now granted, Dontrelle Willis has resembled the Willis of old lately, but he is still a disappointing 9-10 on the season. For whatever reason he has struggled at home this year despite pitching in a spacious stadium, posting a home ERA of 4.83 with a very high 1.56 WHIP in 82 home innings. He also failed to record a quality start in any of his last two starts vs. Arizona, allowing a total of eight earned runs on 17 hits in 12 innings.

Play: Over 8½ -115

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the d'backs are done!

i feel the fish is the only way to play this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Willis has been pitching well recently and I doubt Arizona hits him tonight. I like the under along with Florida.