SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Astros at Phillies - Sep 5th

Pettitte poised for Phils

By: Jimmy the Moose

Pettitte and the Astros look to knot their series against the Phillies as a couple of southpaws take to the hill today.

The Astros have won seven of their last 10 games. In their last nine games as the favorite the Astros are 9-0.

In Andy Pettitte's last four starts vs the Phillies, his team has won three of them. Randy Wolf has pitched well for the Phillies since coming off the DL. In seven career starts vs the Astros, Wolf is 3-4 with a 4.11 ERA.

The Phillies are 9-20 in the last 29 meetings with the Astros. Look for Houston to take this one and tie up the series.

Play: Astros
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 04:02 PM. Reason: link does not work

SBRforum Staff

Astros the play vs. Phils

By: Alex Smart

After the Phillies won Monday in extra frames, look for Houston to tie the series today in Philadelphia behind southpaw Andy Pettitte.

Andy Pettitte, the Astros' southpaw and starting hurler here tonight at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, enters into this game in the best form of the season as is evident by a 2.77 ERA over his last seven outings.

Randy Wolf, his Philly LH pitching opponent, despite of a 3-0 record has been far from spectacular since returning from Tommy John surgery. The veteran thrower has allowed 16 walks in 31 plus innings of work and continues to a have a high pitch count almost every time he takes to the hill and has garnered a 5.30 ERA during that span.

Houston has been offensively efficient against lefties like Wolf for a .280 BA in their last 10 while the Phillies have been struggling against LHP, hitting them for a lowly .210 BA over the above mentioned span.

Bottom line Considering today's pitching matchup and the fact the Astros have won 12 of the last 13 in this series, it will be easy for me to back the 'Stros as short road chalk.

Play: Astros
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 04:02 PM. Reason: link does not work

SBRforum Staff

Play: Under 9

Astros, Phils in lefty duel

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com
    Philadelphia beat Houston for the first time since May 2003 yesterday, needing 10 innings for a 3-2 win. With Pettitte and Wolf on the mound today, look for another low-scoring pitchers duel as the two teams square off for another huge contest in the NL Wildcard race.

The under is now 6-1 in the last seven head-to-head meetings between these clubs after a 3-2 Philadelphia victory yesterday that went extra innings. And both of today's starting pitchers are undefeated over their last three starts.

Andy Pettitte has turned things around after a miserable start for Houston this season, and he now has four quality starts in his last five outings. Furthermore, he allowed two runs or less in all four of those quality starts.

Pettitte was brilliant in two appearances vs. the Phillies last season allowing a total of one run and 10 hits in 12-2/3 innings, and he is catching a Philadelphia lineup that is batting a pathetic .206 vs. left-handed pitching over their last 10 games against southpaws.

Now Randy Wolf did not make his season debut until July 30, but he has allowed three runs or less in six of his seven starts. He also has three quality starts in his last four outings vs. Houston, allowing a total of just three runs and 12 hits in the three quality outings covering 23 innings. Wolf is backed by a very good Philadelphia bullpen that ranks eighth in the Major Leagues in pen ERA.

Play: Under 9 -105

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the phillies are on a major roll right now, and i'd continue to ride the waves with them myself.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pettitte has been on a roll, I just do not trust that Houston offense. I am passing.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

I already played Houston. Now I'm concerned.