SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blue Jays at Red Sox - Sep 3rd

Runs galore in Beantown

By: Ben Burns

The Chacin-Beckett pitching matchup has the over looking very good today in Boston.

Despite yesterday's game finishing below the total, the Over remains a healthy 9-5 in this series this season along with a profitable 37-19 when the Red Sox have played within their own division. This afternoon should prove to be another relatively high-scoring affair.

Gustavo Chacin, who left his last outing with a cramp in his index finger, has a 7.45 ERA in his last three starts with a 1.967 WHIP. During the same stretch, Josh Beckett has a 5.78 ERA and a 1.607 WHIP. Beckett has also struggled against Toronto, going 1-1 (Red Sox were 1-3) in four starts while recording a 6.38 ERA.

Meanwhile, Chacin has managed to go 3-0 in five starts against Boston. However, he was very fortunate to do so, as his ERA was 5.11 and his WHIP was 1.824.

Look for the bats to come to life and consider playing on the final score to finish above the number.

Play: Over
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 04:10 PM. Reason: link does not work

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the under is the play in this game myself.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are they gonna get this one in? It's still raining out there pretty good I guess.