SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins at Cardinals - Aug 29th

Fish to Deal Cards A Loss

By: Scott Spreitzer
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

The Cardinals might be the better team, but with a shaky Mark Mulder on the mound they aren't the better play against the Marlins.

I'm taking the price with the Marlins and Scott Olsen over the Cards and Mark Mulder in a battle of southpaws. The Redbirds have won three straight and are sitting atop their division, but this team has been quite weak against lefties.

The Cards are just 10-14 in home games against southpaws, plating just 4.06 RPG. In fact, they're 19-29 against lefties overall.

Meanwhile, Florida plates 5.32 RPG on the road against lefties. They should continue to post decent numbers facing Mark Mulder. In five starts from June 3-June 20, Mulder got ripped for 32 ER in just 21-1/3 IP, then missed two months with an injury. His first start back was just as bad. Six days ago, the lefty gave up nine ER and 13 baserunners in just three IP against the Mets. So, in his last six outings, Mark Mulder has been blasted for a 15.19 ERA and he's allowed 67 base runners in just 24-1/3 IP for a horrible 2.76 WHIP.

The Marlins send Olsen to the bump. The lefty is 5-2 away from home with a decent 4.41 ERA and a strong 1.18 WHIP. The linesmaker was forced to open the Cards as the fave and we'll gladly take the fish! I'm taking the Marlins on Tuesday.

Play: Marlins +100

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Mulder to come back and St Louis to win this game.