SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox at Angels - Aug 24th

Dream Weaver For Angels

The Angels stumbled in a loss to the Red Sox last night, but get back on track behind Jered Weaver who is going for a perfect 10-0 record.

By: Alex Smart
    http://who2beton.com

Josh Beckett, the BoSox starting pitcher, has gone five straight starts without a win, and has allowed 23 ERs in his last 23 innings of unspectacular work.

His Angels pitching opponent Jared Weaver, continues to impress any and all major league baseball pundits with his staunch work, as is evident by garnering a 9-0 record along with stingy 1.95 ERA.

The Red Sox finally ended a 6-game losing streak with a 5-4 nail biter win last night against the Angels. But making it two in a row is going to definitely be a problem considering the featured pitching matchup.

Final notes & trends: Boston has lost seven of their last nine after a win.

Play: Angels -130

SBRforum Staff

Rex Sox at Angels

By: Rocky Atkinson
    http://www.PhoenixSports.com

Boston is 6-15 in August this year. The LA Angels bullpen has been awesome at home with a 3.22 ERA.

Boston has now lost 6 of their last 7 games while the Angels has won 5 of 6. Beckett is 0-2 with an 8.15 ERA his last 3 starts. This Jered Weaver has been good hasn't he? Weaver is 9-0 with a 1.95 ERA overall this year, 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA at home and 2-0 with a 2.41 ERA his last 3 starts.

Play: LA Angels -140

SBRforum Staff

Halos & Sox Will Score

Halos & Sox Will Score

By: Sonny Lafouchi
    http://www.nsawins.com

The National Sports Advisors look for the Red Sox and Angels to score over 9.5 runs tonight in Anaheim. A stacked Boston lineup should get to Weaver and any lineup can pound Beckett these days.

Los Angeles Angels rookie phenom Jered Weaver will toe the rubber in Thursday's series finale against the Boston Red Sox at Angel Stadium. The righthander will look to become the first American League starting pitcher to win his first 10 decisions.

Weaver (9-0, 1.95 ERA) has been dynamite through his first 12 starts, as he has held opponents to a .191 batting average. Earning his 10th win against the Boston (70-56) will be a challenge. Weaver did not register a decision on July 29 versus the Red Sox, breaking his streak of seven straight starts with a victory to start his career. Weaver allowed three runs on seven hits in 6-2/3 innings of a 7-6, 11-inning loss to Boston in which David Ortiz hit a walkoff home run.

Josh Beckett (13-8, 5.35) will take the hill tonight for Boston. Beckett has not won since July 24, and is coming off one of an awful outing. He gave up nine runs on seven hits and a career-high nine walks in 5-2/3 innings of a 13-5 loss to the New York Yankees on Saturday.

The right-hander is a pathetic 0-3 with a 8.75 ERA in four August starts. Beckett opposed Weaver on July 29 in his only career start against the Angels, and gave up three runs and four hits over six innings.

The bottom line is we look for Beckett to get destroyed once again tonight. He has been awful the past month and that should continue tonight. Weaver has great stuff and should pitch well, but Boston should be able to put across a few runs to help this game over the total.

Play: Over 9.5

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know what guys...
    Im gonna respectfully disagree with you.
    I say Beckett shuts everybody up and pitches a nice one today out in the west coast. I think with all the pressure he's been through pitching on the road will actually help him out
    If Manny plays I think Boston is the right side, if not, Im passing...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i had to bet this game the halo's are the way to bet it IMO

sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I pesonally cant go against weaver's streak

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Boston tonight. I told myself they would take the series in LA.

Looking over the numbers Beckett has had great success vs LAA. Vlad is 4-18 batting .211 vs Josh and the rest of the team's numbers are worse. Weaver has been great no doubt, but I don't see him winning tonight. He has escaped some losses with no decisions. Boston has seen about 6 innings of Weaver's stuff and suprisingly was hitting 5-19 .263. Boston getting more looks form this kid can only be better for them.

I see this line rising, -141 at Pinnacle and I think this line is set more so based on public perception than what the line should actually be. Beckett lost in KC, lost at home to the Yankees and has been brutal at times. Angels have always been streaky and a very poor fielding team and I would not feel comfortable laying that kind of chalk on them even at home. Boston & Bedckett is very capable of pullin this game out and considering the odds you are getting I like Boston for 1 unit.

Beckett might get close to +140 by first pitch.

GL Tonight.