TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Important legal question for players talk...

Can you ever be forced to surrender a copy of a key to a property management company?

My full time residence which I own and have no debt on is not detached but is on the first floor

Any emergency they could either call me or if it was really an emergency they would just break down the door, I mean who is going to try to track down a copy of a key in an emergency

No offense but painters and maintenance workers that resemble JJGold can get a key and come on in

I've been robbed twice and property management companies change like every 2 years, bugging me about a key and I tell them to penetrate off

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

More than likely the law is on their side, all depends what you signed. For now tho just give them a key and tell them it's a copy. When the complain it's not a real copy then ask how the penetrate do they know, why are you trying to get into my place?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Justin3587

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    More than likely the law is on their side, all depends what you signed. For now tho just give them a key and tell them it's a copy. When the complain it's not a real copy then ask how the penetrate do they know, why are you trying to get into my place?
    I like your answer

Thing is they do announced "key audits" though

I could install the handle that matched the key they have, then change it. What a pain though

Fukin joke, I need to get a house

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I'm sure legal wording about key is placed somewhere into a contract or lease agreement you signed. If not they can still say gfys.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

they have the law on their side as it is most likely in their HOA and bylaws.
    Give bad key and deal with audits later as it is common to change lock regularly.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm sure legal wording about key is placed somewhere into a contract or lease agreement you signed. If not they can still say gfys.
    I'm not leasing

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    they have the law on their side as it is most likely in their HOA and bylaws.
    Yes but I lived here before all these shenanigans

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If emergencies yes
    Sometimes I have a painting job I love going in people's pads and looking in the draws and stuff I just make sure it's neat that I was never there

I do not take anything

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Yes but I lived here before all these shenanigans

Assuming you have an HOA contract what does it say about this? Or do they even have anything about it

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Assuming you have an HOA contract what does it say about this? Or do they even have anything about it
    Yes I think it says it now but HOA company has changed several times. I have always resisted it but I shouldn't have to surrender a key or sell and move

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If emergencies yes
    Sometimes I have a painting job I love going in people's pads and looking in the draws and stuff I just make sure it's neat that I was never there

I do not take anything
    See what i mean

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Best advice would be to get a house not tied to an HOA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

In painting jobs I would see if it was a hot girl and I would go look at her panties

I would pretend I was taping the draw as prep work

Also would love to see if computers were on