jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by artofaggression View Post
    Lol nice faggoty barb in there. Uhhh lets see there I lived in Europe for two decades and in the scourge of civilization which is America so Id think im inclined to be qualified and LITERATE on these topics.

Higher taxes, yes, which support health care and education and infrastructure and public transportation and social welfare initiatives. America is inverse in this way; your health or ability to learn isnt seen as a universal right. Instead, its for sale. Doctors under the social umbrella in Germany, as are hospitals and pharmaceuticals are subsidized. None of this for-profit BS.

You make blanket statements about Europe being corrupt -- got some stats to corroborate that fruitcake? Its no more or less corrupt than this wondrous land. You have more theifs, more scammers and more grimey opportinists here than most places.

Dont confuse customary to obligatory and an act to a gesture. Its not compulsory that someone leave a gratuity. And employees should hold a modicum of professionalism and decorum whether theyre tipped or not -- not be a whiny b!tch with a tude if they dont get $9 tip on $18 meal. And for the last time, NO ONE forces these poor, poverty-stricken gits to work food service - it must be their intrinsic joy of serving ppl since the pay isnt good. Or its that they have no tangible skillset. Stop babying these impetulant waitesses.
    You're calling someone else whiny? That's irony. If you love Euroland so much, do us all a favor and go back. There's tons more willing to take your place. In the meantime, try making a point instead of being a keyboard warrior that calls people \*\*\*\*\*\* behind the safety of the internet. Your entire bullshit response consists of "nuh-uh."

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Most of the discussion in this thread focuses on waitstaff, and I get that because those are the people we most often encounter who get tipped.

My issue is with allllll the other industries who want tips

-Taxi drivers. You either get me there or u don't, why do u get a tip?

-Valet parkers. Some places charge for valet parking and that's fine. How do you get better service if you tip these guys, apart from them being miserable fuks who will steal or wreck ur car because they're assholes? They either park ur car without wrecking or they don't. Not much in between doing their job and not doing it

-Strippers wanting a tip after you tip them. This of course is ridiculous

-Pizza delivery. No reason the employer can't just pay them more. They already charge a delivery fee too, and it's not like getting it delivered is an unusual convenience they are providing, it's like 80% of their business!

And many others

artofaggression
    artofaggression's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Shut your face jizzlobber. Im in the military so thats why I was in Europe and am now back home. And since i defend the freedoms your fat-a$$ partakes in, im sure I've the inherent right to criticize them. So the only person that feels safe behind a keyboard is your white ass while Ive been to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.

Eat shit and die

Burkina2008
    Burkina2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Burkina you have a fan here. May I ask where youre from? I spent a while in Europe and saw these same hypocracies as well....

To let a 16 yr-old drive a car and they cant vote or legally drink (tho do it anyway) is absurd. I know less 16 yr-olds who steal cars and drive underage than I do who drink AND drive. And the texting think is even scarrier...

USA is crazy....but God Bless America, right?
    I am half portuguese half german, and I live officially in Munich. I work as an operational auditor mainly in the financial service business and I travel around 80-90% of the time, so for a month now Ive been in NY/Boston/Philly area

And my opinion about America as a whole is that the inequality here is supported by dumb social norms (which any lawyer would tell you is based on the perception of society of what is correct...meaning that americans think tipping is correct and are ready to speak up against those mean europeans that dont like it, but if Iranians like to live by their anti-democratic view of society, americans are also ready to bomb the shit out of them)

Europeans and smaller cars...well actually we care about the environment and we think that spending unecessary money on gas is stupid
    Smaller houses...well I mean if you live in a big city in the US, like NY, you probably have to earn 500k a year to get a bigger house than the average guy in Europe

About europeans being poorer...are you serious? Have you ever been to Europe? Quality of living in the world UN official stats...well there are at least 13 countries in Europe where people live better on average than in the US (Slovenia and Czech Rep. included)
    Name:  IDH.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  18.3 KB

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Many people are so used to tips that they do not see the issue here. It is not generous guys vs cheap guys trying to not tip. I am happy paying the full price, enough to pay fair wages to all employees and give business a profit. As in 99% of commercial transactions. But some business pay slave wagers, because they expect customers to pay the wagers of the employees in the form of a "voluntary" surcharge called tip. It is not like, if there were no tips, only dumb people would work for slave wages. The business then would have to pay a market wage, and employees would still try to give a good service or would be fired. As every other worker.

So, it is tip or not to tip. Is having a price "all included" with decent wagers, vs having a "false low price" (thus stiffing sales tax) and slave wages hopefully complemented by ancillary charges. Which do you prefer?

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Heat had a party 2 years ago after winning the NBA bill 53k tip 19 dollars lol

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Shut your face jizzlobber. Im in the military so thats why I was in Europe and am now back home. And since i defend the freedoms your fat-a$$ partakes in, im sure I've the inherent right to criticize them. So the only person that feels safe behind a keyboard is your white ass while Ive been to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.

Eat shit and die
    As a former soldier myself, I'm embarrassed that you would pull that "card" as some sort of appeal to moral authority. What upsets me even more is your penchant for insults and your general disdain for those you have had the PRIVILEGE of serving. Your general attitude reflects very poorly on a uniform I was proud to wear for 7 years. But you're right in one sense: being a lousy tipper is clearly the least of your problems.
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave James Marques 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Leave it to the merry misfits of sbr to bitch and moan about the norms of a culture

These cheap fuks should like the system because they can not tip and effectively get their meal at a discount

It's funny how the thread started as railing against cheap athletes and became a great debate by the cheapest and/or most dysfunctional members of sbr

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    As a former soldier myself, I'm embarrassed that you would pull that "card" as some sort of appeal to moral authority. What upsets me even more is your penchant for insults and your general disdain for those you have had the PRIVILEGE of serving. Your general attitude reflects very poorly on a uniform I was proud to wear for 7 years. But you're right in one sense: being a lousy tipper is clearly the least of your problems.
    I'm a fan of urs artofaggression, but this is one hell of a post right here

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Leave it to the merry misfits of sbr to bitch and moan about the norms of a culture

These cheap fuks should like the system because they can not tip and effectively get their meal at a discount

It's funny how the thread started as railing against cheap athletes and became a great debate by the cheapest and/or most dysfunctional members of sbr

Pretty much

Another thing I'm getting sick of on here is Europeans constantly bashing the US at every turn possible....We are definitely not perfect but it's the same shit over and over and it's mostly things that most Americans will agree with in the first place.....I'm sure I hate some things that go on in the French or German society for example but you don't see me bitching about it constantly....or ever really.....Why do Europeans and other foreigners know so damn much about our laws and social ways? Why do they even care?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and Da Manster!

jizay
    Update your status

Eat shit and die
    So you lived in Europe for 2 decades in the military, plus you've been to Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Iraq? Either you're around 60 years old or a liar. I'll go with the latter. You just dig yourself deeper with every post.

jizay
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post
    Europeans and smaller cars...well actually we care about the environment and we think that spending unecessary money on gas is stupid Smaller houses...well I mean if you live in a big city in the US, like NY, you probably have to earn 500k a year to get a bigger house than the average guy in Europe
    Just like I said - every delusional Euro claims they actually like small houses and cars.

About europeans being poorer...are you serious? Have you ever been to Europe? Quality of living in the world UN official stats...
    Also like I claimed, a total economic illiterate. What are "world UN official stats?" Ever hear of GDP per capita? Purchasing power parity? That's the output of your country, divided by its people, in terms of what you can buy. Here's a 2013 list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%29_per_capita

See where the US is? Now scroll down to find Germany. And scroll way, way down to find Portugal. The only Euro zone countries wealthier per capita are Norway, a country of 4 million people sitting on oil, and Luxembourg, a banking city-state. Break the US out into small states like Europe and Connecticut and Washington DC are far richer than Norway and Luxembourg. And again, that's with millions of poor immigrants streaming across our southern border.

Face it son, you have crap policies. Europe is becoming increasingly irrelevant; basically just the world's museum. Only gonna get worse, too, because of no population growth.

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Just like I said - every delusional Euro claims they actually like small houses and cars.

Also like I claimed, a total economic illiterate. What are "world UN official stats?" Ever hear of GDP per capita? Purchasing power parity? That's the output of your country, divided by its people, in terms of what you can buy. Here's a 2013 list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%29_per_capita

See where the US is? Now scroll down to find Germany. And scroll way, way down to find Portugal. The only Euro zone countries wealthier per capita are Norway, a country of 4 million people sitting on oil, and Luxembourg, a banking city-state. Break the US out into small states like Europe and Connecticut and Washington DC are far richer than Norway and Luxembourg. And again, that's with millions of poor immigrants streaming across our southern border.

Face it son, you have crap policies. Europe is becoming increasingly irrelevant; basically just the world's museum. Only gonna get worse, too, because of no population growth.
    Dude u either never been to Europe or are completly delusional and btw Norway is not part of the European Union or the Euro Zone.

Well I worked in auditing of financial services and I am contracted by people from ur country a few occasions, so I guess you are the illeterate one, since IHD is the accepted measure worldwide for quality of living. What mattares if u have 10k more to spend if you have to pay that in health insurance. Go read something before you continue to make a fool of urself? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index)

Regarding the immigrants and disregarding the xenophobe comment, here is some more culture for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...orn_population... see the US has more immigrants in absolut numbers, now do you want to compare the territory of the US to any EU country? If you see by percentage of the population, there countries in Europe with more foreigners and almost all of the are within 1 or 2% (or up or down) to what US has

Btw reguarding cars, the US ones are so good that Detroit went bankrupt...and yeah curiously the cars that americans want to buy when they get rich are BMW, Mercedes or Porsche, all german. And when u talk about high end are Ferraris, Lanborghinis....italian...

jizay
    Update your status

What mattares if u have 10k more to spend if you have to pay that in health insurance.
    You have no idea what gdp means. I can't fix stupid, dude. Good luck to you.

Burkina2008

You have no idea what gdp means. I can't fix stupid, dude. Good luck to you.
    Amazing argument...

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Pretty much

Another thing I'm getting sick of on here is Europeans constantly bashing the US at every turn possible....We are definitely not perfect but it's the same shit over and over and it's mostly things that most Americans will agree with in the first place.....I'm sure I hate some things that go on in the French or German society for example but you don't see me bitching about it constantly....or ever really.....Why do Europeans and other foreigners know so damn much about our laws and social ways? Why do they even care?
    Nothing is perfect thats for sure and Europe also has some bad things for sure, but the discussion was started on the basis that not tipping is being cheap or a scumbag or whatever. And we (europeans) just said that we dont things different and find it just bad for society as a whole to tip, because it creates inequality and only benefits in the end the owner of the restaurant (lets just keep it to that example)

Why do we know so much about american law and society? Maybe because you wanna "bring democracy" to the world...and you keep on making propaganda worldwide on how a society like the US is so perfect and we in Europe because we are in a diferent kind of Union dont really care about bringing our model to the rest of the world.
    Other fact might be that one of the main exports of the US are movies and music which talk about or depict the US society...

What I dont know is a single american that has been to Europe and did not like it...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Nothing is perfect thats for sure and Europe also has some bad things for sure, but the discussion was started on the basis that not tipping is being cheap or a scumbag or whatever. And we (europeans) just said that we dont things different and find it just bad for society as a whole to tip, because it creates inequality and only benefits in the end the owner of the restaurant (lets just keep it to that example)

Why do we know so much about american law and society? Maybe because you wanna "bring democracy" to the world...and you keep on making propaganda worldwide on how a society like the US is so perfect and we in Europe because we are in a diferent kind of Union dont really care about bringing our model to the rest of the world.
    Other fact might be that one of the main exports of the US are movies and music which talk about or depict the US society...

What I dont know is a single american that has been to Europe and did not like it...
    I have no problems with Europe as a whole and I think you guys are ahead of the US in a lot of ways socially

I just have a problem with people from other countries constantly bashing the US about some of our dumb and antiquated laws....You guys constantly act condescending towards Americans but you don't understand that most of the "educated" Americans probably agree with your bitching in the first place

Most common folk couldn't give a fukk about "spreading democracy" and all that BS....Our politicians do not represent the common American's outlook and views...We are probably a lot closer than you think so quit acting all superior

Burkina2008

I have no problems with Europe as a whole and I think you guys are ahead of the US in a lot of ways socially

I just have a problem with people from other countries constantly bashing the US about some of our dumb and antiquated laws....You guys constantly act condescending towards Americans but you don't understand that most of the "educated" Americans probably agree with your bitching in the first place

Most common folk couldn't give a fukk about "spreading democracy" and all that BS....Our politicians do not represent the common American's outlook and views...We are probably a lot closer than you think so quit acting all superior
    Me and you probably are but a lot of responses here show how uninformed a lot of americans are about anything that is out of the good old USA... I am not acting superior, I mean the US bailed us out a couple of times but that does not mean that having an opinion like "I thing tipping is a dumb thing in what it represents to the society" is being a cheap fuk, because being a norm in the US does not mean that is something correct

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Me and you probably are but a lot of responses here show how uninformed a lot of americans are about anything that is out of the good old USA... I am not acting superior, I mean the US bailed us out a couple of times but that does not mean that having an opinion like "I thing tipping is a dumb thing in what it represents to the society" is being a cheap fuk, because being a norm in the US does not mean that is something correct
    Tipping is one of those things were I see can see both sides of the argument...I'm just talking in general and not singling you out

Just annoying to see foreigners (mostly Europeans and sometimes Canadians) constantly take shots at America...I could understand if all of our citizens acted like we are portrayed to be or all had the same views of some of the over zealous American politicians

Its just not the case though...The majority of us agree with a lot of the same things you mock us for. Most of us would like to just have the freedom to make a living and enjoy ourselves....We don't care to spread our ways to the rest of the world at all.... We definitley have some right wing nuts that are "typical Americans" to you foreigners but they are in the minority and we laugh at them along with you

Like sports betting and online gambling....The majority of the US either is for it or atleast believes that we should have the freedom to choose to gamble when and how we like with our own money....No sense in you guys mocking America for our dumb laws about Gambling when the majority of us would agree...an example
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 04-14-14 at 10:08 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Burkina2008

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

my home is canada thank god universal healthcare clean hi std. of living you draw the old age pension at 65 never having a job your entire life i draw 2 pensions from the U.S. and 2 from canada nice double dip you wanna whine and bellyache go live in a 3rd. world country like bangladesh remember the terrorists will be back big time the world trade center was just a warmup

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    my home is canada thank god universal healthcare clean hi std. of living you draw the old age pension at 65 never having a job your entire life i draw 2 pensions from the U.S. and 2 from canada nice double dip you wanna whine and bellyache go live in a 3rd. world country like bangladesh remember the terrorists will be back big time the world trade center was just a warmup
    Sorry but I did not understand most of what you said...can you re-write

jizay
    Update your status

Amazing argument...
    Well, it's obvious you don't understand what gdp is if you're arguing "what good is $10,000 more if you have to spend it on x." GDP is total productivity, not after tax income. It simply means we can buy more, whatever it is. But you don't understand that, ergo, I can't fix your stupidity in a few short forum posts. You might not find that argument amazing, but it is correct. I'm sorry I had to face you with facts about the wealth of your continent and home country.
    Last edited by jizay; 04-14-14 at 04:30 PM.

jizay
    Update your status

Tipping is one of those things were I see can see both sides of the argument...I'm just talking in general and not singling you out

Just annoying to see foreigners (mostly Europeans and sometimes Canadians) constantly take shots at America...I could understand if all of our citizens acted like we are portrayed to be or all had the same views of some of the over zealous American politicians

Its just not the case though...The majority of us agree with a lot of the same things you mock us for. Most of us would like to just have the freedom to make a living and enjoy ourselves....We don't care to spread our ways to the rest of the world at all.... We definitley have some right wing nuts that are "typical Americans" to you foreigners but they are in the minority and we laugh at them along with you

Like sports betting and online gambling....The majority of the US either is for it or atleast believes that we should have the freedom to choose to gamble when and how we like with our own money....No sense in you guys mocking America for our dumb laws about Gambling when the majority of us would agree...an example
    It's nice to try and find common ground, but delusional Euros like Burkina can't reciprocate. Sure, there's laws and customs in the US that many of us don't like. But there's also tons of shite laws and customs in Europe (more so I would argue) and you won't soon see Burkina admit that. If there's a difference between America and Europe, it must be America that is bad. The fact that they take so many shots at America and are so obsessed with what we are up to tells you all you need to know. They feel inferior and threatened and have to overcompensate every chance they get.

Burkina2008

Well, it's obvious you don't understand what gdp is if you're arguing "what good is $10,000 more if you have to spend it on x." GDP is total productivity, not before tax income. It simply means we can buy more, whatever it is. But you don't understand that, ergo, I can't fix your stupidity in a few short forum posts. You might not find that argument amazing, but it is correct. I'm sorry I had to face you with facts about the wealth of your continent and home country.
    Ok everybody already understood that you are beyond retarded...and the fact that you refer is exactly why GDP per capita is deemed to be unuseful for measuring life quality or health (also by the US government). Because if you have 50,000 USD in the states and pay 30% taxes, you keep 35,000 USD and since for having the same level of health car quality you need to spend 10,000 USD and to have a decent pension you have to spend another (at least) 8-10k a year, in the end you end up with 15k as "free income"

In Germany for example you would get 40000 USD, you pay 35% taxes and 10% Social Security, you get 22,500 as "free income" in the end, and you have free high quality medical service, free education and a pension after 65 you are 65 and perpetual.

If you cannot understand how comparing a rich country only by what people earn is wrong and why nobody in the world uses it, you are far from retarded but please keep being dumb

Burkina2008

It's nice to try and find common ground, but delusional Euros like Burkina can't reciprocate. Sure, there's laws and customs in the US that many of us don't like. But there's also tons of shite laws and customs in Europe (more so I would argue) and you won't soon see Burkina admit that. If there's a difference between America and Europe, it must be America that is bad. The fact that they take so many shots at America and are so obsessed with what we are up to tells you all you need to know. They feel inferior and threatened and have to overcompensate every chance they get.
    Tell me one shite laws or custom in Europe (not that u actually know one)

So so so silly...u should be one of those morrons that think that jesus had a broncossarus as a pet

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I absolutely LOVE that the original debate of cheap fuk millionaire athletes evolved to the tipping customs of the US vs the world and has now become a flat out argument over euro vs the us and a

Don't ever change you fukkin nitwits

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I absolutely LOVE that the original debate of cheap fuk millionaire athletes evolved to the tipping customs of the US vs the world and has now become a flat out argument over euro vs the us and a

Don't ever change you fukkin nitwits
    guilty as charged
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave MoneyLineDawg 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

If you can't tip your a broke loser

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am half portuguese half german, and I live officially in Munich. I work as an operational auditor mainly in the financial service business and I travel around 80-90% of the time, so for a month now Ive been in NY/Boston/Philly area

And my opinion about America as a whole is that the inequality here is supported by dumb social norms (which any lawyer would tell you is based on the perception of society of what is correct...meaning that americans think tipping is correct and are ready to speak up against those mean europeans that dont like it, but if Iranians like to live by their anti-democratic view of society, americans are also ready to bomb the shit out of them)

Europeans and smaller cars...well actually we care about the environment and we think that spending unecessary money on gas is stupid
    Smaller houses...well I mean if you live in a big city in the US, like NY, you probably have to earn 500k a year to get a bigger house than the average guy in Europe

About europeans being poorer...are you serious? Have you ever been to Europe? Quality of living in the world UN official stats...well there are at least 13 countries in Europe where people live better on average than in the US (Slovenia and Czech Rep. included)
    Name:  IDH.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  18.3 KB
    Comparing the different tipping protocols in countries to widespread abuses in countries like Iran is a little ridiculous. I also love how Europeans always speak of american attacking other nations. America absolutely had made some mistakes in foreign policy and military intervention the last 50 years but I assure you Europeans are not the people who should be waving a judgemental finger. One of the very few characteristics all nations of Europe share is they conquered and subjugated with reckless abandon anytime they had the military superiority over another nation or continent. If American had followed in the footsteps of its European ancestors there would no longer be nations named Canada or Mexico, among others. You mention in you post how you are half Portuguese and half German. Below I will post a link to the history of Portuguese conquest through Africa, South America and other parts of the world. I don't think anyone needs a history lesson of the German peoples contribution to the world when it comes to military conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Empire

Slovenia and Czechoslovakia better standard of living then americans? You must be joking. Your quality of life chart is as inaccurate as your perception of America as a whole.

List of Top Ten Countries with Highest Quality of Life in the World

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...-life-map.html

HDI rank Developed Country Human Development Index(HDI) Quintile income ratio Income Gini Value
    1 Norway 0.943 3.9 25.8
    2 Australia 0.929 7
    3 Netherlands 0.91 5.1
    4 United States 0.91 8.5 40.8
    5 New Zealand 0.908 6.8
    6 Canada 0.908 5.5 32.6
    7 Ireland 0.908 5.7 34.3
    8 Liechtenstein 0.905
    9 Germany 0.905 4.3 28.3
    10 Sweden 0.904 4 25

One last thing Europeans caring about the environment has nothing to do with them having smaller cars. The urban lifestyle in Europe is why the cars are small.

off eupedia.com

Almost all Europeans have cars with manual gears, while Americans have a marked preference for automatic ones.

European cars are also very different in style than their American counterparts. American cars tend to be more massive and squarer, because size matters in the States. Americans have a fondness for (very) long limousines as well as pick-up trucks (in the country). Both are virtually unseen in Europe. Europeans like rounder designs of cars. Smaller cars are much more common in Europe, probably because Europe has a more urbanised population and small cars are easier to park in cities (especially on pavements of historical cities where big parking lots are rarer than in the USA).
    Last edited by James D; 04-14-14 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Typo

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

This Burkiina kid has been embarrassed right off the forum. Almost cringe-worthy watching this guy try and argue and be absolutely destroyed over and over again.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

holy fukin shit did he really say this??

meaning that americans think tipping is correct and are ready to speak up against those mean europeans that dont like it, but if Iranians like to live by their anti-democratic view of society, americans are also ready to bomb the shit out of them

James D

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    This Burkiina kid has been embarrassed right off the forum. Almost cringe-worthy watching this guy try and argue and be absolutely destroyed over and over again.
    The problem is he is not being intellectually honest. For example.....

When he says "we drive small cars because we care about the environment". He lives in Germany do you know how much gas cost a gallon in Germany ? Over double what it does in most of USA. Right now at this very moment medium grade gas is about 8.28 dollars a gallon. That is another huge reason people drive small cars over there. But he tries to sell this care about the environment nonsense .

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

James gets it, like always

James D

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    James gets it, like always
    I appreciate the compliment GH and I don't mean to pick fights with people. I just find it insanely hypocritical that a guy can be GERMAN and tell us Americans "bomb the shit out of everyone" . The guy is German FFS. Germany's idea of being peaceful if they haven't started a world war lately . Europe as a whole has been the marauders of the world for thousands of years and they smugly look down on us? Give me a break.

Burkina2008

I love these frustrated americans that take all they see in FOX news and believe that America is the greatest power on earth. Oh and I dont take a single word out of what I said.

To respond on a few points about some illiterate people: Portuguese colonialism - well it started and ended before the US was even a country. Portugal made some mistakes but abolished slavery in 1761 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aboliti...avery_timeline) while the US had to fight a war for it a century later. Oh and btw Portugal has one thing that US lacks severely "culture"

About Germany, I was not born there and also my father is only half german, but I carry a german passport and live there. Making me responsible for something that happened 40 years before I was born is beyond absurd. It makes more sense saying that You all americans are responsible for the hundreds of thausends of deaths in Afghanistan, Somalia and Iraq (this just in the XXI century). Btw what its the 21st century and Europe learned with their mistakes, so probably the US should start to do the same. And regarding wars with Mexico...u also did that already didnt you?

Did you also know that most countries in Europe approved (some with referendums) tax increases on gas to prevent excessive use, did you also know that in 99% of the european countries you can only get gas of 95 octanes or more while in the US regular is 87 (and this makes a hige difference in terms of cost an polution)? Get informed before u comment u stuff u have no idea about.

Some more links for you
    Why GDP is not a good measure (from a US magazine):http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ons-well-being

Pay levels around the world: 1 hour of salary in Denmark 35$, in Germany 25$ and in the US 23$. Like Bush said once "You have three jobs? Thats truly American" - http://www.ilo.org/global/research/g...--en/index.htm

Wage Statistics in the US...although the GDP per capita in the US is 51k - from your government stats, around 73% has a lower salary than that, the 50% stays at around 27K, making it one of the develop countries with a bigger whole between rich and poor - http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/netcomp.cgi?year=2012

God Bless America!

First 1234 Last