Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

The blatant racial double standard

Shaq, Kenny, and Charles all talking about white players. Calling Bogut WSO, the White Shaquille O'Neal, and everyone laughs. The other day, Shaq called two brothers the NWF of the NBA, the New White Family, replacing the Barry's. I can't even remember who he was talking about.

I'm not saying this stuff isn't fine to say. It's just can you imagine if a white guy were on there and brought up the race of a player? He'd be canned immediately.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

black people were enslaved and oppressed for hundreds of years.

they can say whatever they want about white people, but not the other way around.

it is what it is.

there is also a double standard whereby women can jokingly or seriously put down men on tv shows etc, but not the other way around
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree 100%... I have no problem with it, but I know what would happen if a white announcer said the same thing about a black player. Honestly, why are blacks so uptight about race? get over it. white people have been slaves in history too, we just got over it

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Shaq called two brothers the NWF of the NBA, the New White Family, replacing the Barry's. I can't even remember who he was talking about.
    He was talking about the Plumlee brothers.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I swear that the blacks enslaved the whites sometimes..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I can see where the OP is coming from. Shaq will be Shaq. I'm use to it now. I laugh with him.

A lot of blacks look for that race card. I never see a white looking for it though. It is what it is...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Too bad they can't say Mexican jokes... No Mex in NBA

"Look at Rodrigo jump for the rebound , he wouldn't need a ladder to pick oranges"

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Danial Tosh can get away with saying whatever he wants.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If the joke is funny then it is ok. Shaq is never funny though. Should not be on anything.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    If the joke is funny then it is ok.
    BS

If it's whites talking about you or your bros you never say it's funny

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I don't have any problem with Shaq saying what he said. It's kind of funny. But why do blacks get mad if someone says black people are more athletic than white people?

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

ALL YALL SOUND DUMB AS GIVE ME A h GIVE
    ME A e AND GO l o l

WHITE PEOPLE LOL

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

they can say whatever they want about white people, but not the other way around.

it is what it is.

there is also a double standard whereby women can jokingly or seriously put down men on tv shows etc, but not the other way around
    Both your points are true. The second point most people don't notice and it's not a 100% absolute like racial double standards but no question the woman double standard exists also.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I know a lot of blacks and not many of them use the race card

However, when they do, whether i feel they're justified to do so, I have to remember that not only were their ancestors slaves not long ago, but as recent as 10 years ago, there were a plethora of stories coming out about cops targeting them and excess police brutality, just to name two.

So, i feel they have every right to play the fukking race card. They're paranoid for a reason.

Now this only applies to the legitimate blacks, not the ghetto hood rat blacks. But them again, every race has them and they're all playing some card.

On

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Feel like it's a media thing most of the time, obviously. I can make jokes with black friends about race just like they can me, though being friends helps. If it's all in good fun then I don't see an issue either way but someone will always be offended and blow it out of proportion so the media can run with it. Plus, it's not really funny to say something like Durant is the black Larry Bird or some shit like that...just doesn't work.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

it is what it is.

True....a women can make fun of a guy being bald or something but don't dare say she needs to lose a few pounds.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    BS

If it's whites talking about you or your bros you never say it's funny
    context my man. At sbr it is basic racial shit. In reality we all have our prejudices. My ass is not getting on a plane with a bunch of bearded middle easterners.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

However, when they do, whether i feel they're justified to do so, I have to remember that not only were their ancestors slaves not long ago, but as recent as 10 years ago, there were a plethora of stories coming out about cops targeting them and excess police brutality, just to name two.

So, i feel they have every right to play the fukking race card. They're paranoid for a reason.

Now this only applies to the legitimate blacks, not the ghetto hood rat blacks. But them again, every race has them and they're all playing some card.

On
    lol white guilt, makes me laugh every time.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

However, when they do, whether i feel they're justified to do so
    Aww. That's cute.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Its because white people don't care what they say. We don't riot if someone calls us a cracker on TV.

Not sure why any race would care about a silly joke, but whatever.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

The worst thing about that whole deal was it wasn't even funny...even though Shaq acted like it was the greatest thing he's ever come up with. Also didn't help that Brent Barry did not look ok with it at all.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

did that sudanese spaceship reach jupiter yet?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    context my man. At sbr it is basic racial shit. In reality we all have our prejudices. My ass is not getting on a plane with a bunch of bearded middle easterners.

paco

How many protest will Al sharpton put together if cable had a WET channel (White Entertainment Television)?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    How many protest will Al sharpton put together if cable had a WET channel (White Entertainment Television)?

What would change? The majority of networks run predominanly white programs with white lead actors.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    What would change? The majority of networks run predominanly white programs with white lead actors.
    But just naming it white television would cause them to get pissed

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Its because white people don't care what they say. We don't riot if someone calls us a cracker on TV.

Not sure why any race would care about a silly joke, but whatever.
    cause we are smart. We don't riot and then burn down our own neighborhood where we have to live.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

I knew a black person once. He played Running Back on our team in grade 11 and 12. He was nice.

artofaggression
    artofaggression's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Us white men arent a protected class. Were not a minority and not a woman. Were screwed.

Ive seen black ladies apply for jobs in the office and not be selected for the position and will accuse the boss of being racist and threaten such to the Equal Opportunity board. Then the boss is mortified to be typcast as racist or bigot and selects the ladies. Point is blacks use their color as leverage in any situation. Its ok to clown on us honkies when they wanna but we have to be pc like a mofo lest anything we say comes out deliberately misinterpreted.

Ps - 99% of these black athletes hate the white man but LOOOVE that white booty.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

Quote Originally Posted by artofaggression View Post
    Us white men arent a protected class. Were not a minority and not a woman. Were screwed.

Ive seen black ladies apply for jobs in the office and not be selected for the position and will accuse the boss of being racist and threaten such to the Equal Opportunity board. Then the boss is mortified to be typcast as racist or bigot and selects the ladies. Point is blacks use their color as leverage in any situation. Its ok to clown on us honkies when they wanna but we have to be pc like a mofo lest anything we say comes out deliberately misinterpreted.

Ps - 99% of these black athletes hate the white man but LOOOVE that white booty.
    how dare you say that? While I agree with you 100% (because its true) you will surely get a heated reply for what you said.

Yes, there was a time not too long about when blacks had to use separate bathrooms etc. It was wrong I agree. I was much too young to do anything about it. Everyone should be treated equal. I couldn't give a shit if you are black, white, yellow, male, female gay or straight.

I also think its wrong when a government elected board is elected and the 12 members must be made up of 6 men and 6 women. There had to be a minority (I hate that word also) of each sex also. That happened a while ago where I used to live. It should be the 12 best people. I don't care if they were all black or all women or all while men. That's discrimination. Quotas are wrong.

Your own private business, you should be able to hire who you want.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-12-14 at 05:05 PM.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Get out of here you troll. Dont think nobody saw ur incest thread before the mods quickly took it down.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Us white men arent a protected class...... Were screwed.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Apparently you don't know the secret handshake yet, or you must be throwing away your monthly mewsletters that are being mailed to you. Those white envelopes with no indications on the outside are not junk mail. They contain your birthright.

artofaggression

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Get out of here you troll. Dont think nobody saw ur incest thread before the mods quickly took it down.
    It was a legit hypothetical question and was asked in the saloon -- so I doubt I was trolling. If i wanted to troll then I would start with you. Read my other posts you wanker.
    Last edited by artofaggression; 04-13-14 at 04:42 AM.

artofaggression

And no white men cant gain a thing in today's climate by being white....nor should we, but everyone else leverages their race or gender as a crutch to tacitly say white men are racist (thats why they didnt get the job). Can I as white male get away with what Shaq, Kenny and Barkley said? The great white hope is fading fast....

12 Last