Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Doggystyle doesn't suck. It's basically The Chronic II, but with a different lead rapper. The beats and the production are sick.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Doggystyle doesn't suck. It's basically The Chronic II, but with a different lead rapper. The beats and the production are sick.
    Reminds me of when I asked my aunt for the "Doggystyle" CD for Christmas....Had to be about 10 at the time....Couldn't understand why I didn't get it

But yeah, Doggystyle and The Chronic have a bunch of my favorite rap songs ever...I pretty much think of them as one for some reason and the songs blur together

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Ice cube had some classics.

here are some classics in no particular order

gangstarr/nice&smooth- dwyck
    special ed- I got it made
    audio 2-top billin
    souls-93 til infinity
    marley marl- symphony
    grap- roads to riches
    bdp- still number 1
    slick rick- Mona lisa

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Jcole94
    Jcole94's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol everyone here is stuck in the 90s. not 1 modern song

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Jcole94 View Post
    For good reason. Although I did list a track from Tech N9ne from last year.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

can you blame us? the 90's/ early 2000's was the best era hip hop will ever see. cmon they still plays 90's hip hop on the radio 20 years later
    Points Awarded:

Magnolia Slim gave allabout the $$$ 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jcole94

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    can you blame us? the 90's/ early 2000's was the best era hip hop will ever see. cmon they still plays 90's hip hop on the radio 20 years later
    Why won't they play 2010s hip hop 20 years later? of course we will

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Why won't they play 2010s hip hop 20 years later? of course we will
    cmon is this has to be a joke

none of the music out now is going to be classic or very few of the songs but nothing compares to 90's era of hip hop.

Deken00
    Deken00's Avatar Become A Pro!

90s is fine, but Motown is the shizz

Eddy Munny

My beats are icky.......... My beats are icky..........

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

none of the music out now is going to be classic or very few of the songs but nothing compares to 90's era of hip hop.
    It's a new era of hip hop. Production is a bigger part of hip hop then it ever was. Some of this shit is actually better then some overrated 90's shit if you listen to it right. This is the beats era. If you don't have a pair of beats you aren't hearing it the way you are supposed to. The 90's era was hip hops finest hour but you can't tell me guys like Kendrick and Kanye won't be getting spins 20 years down the road.

Watch the Throne
    Good Kid Madd City
    My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Not to mention guys like Pusha T and Fab still putting in work. Also, you can't tell me guys like J. Cole, Papoose, Schoolboy Q, hell even Drake as much as I don't like him aren't potential future classic hip hop albums if put in the right mindset. Hip hop has a lot of depth these days. The shit is different but why is that bad?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    It's a new era of hip hop. Production is a bigger part of hip hop then it ever was. Some of this shit is actually better then some overrated 90's shit if you listen to it right. This is the beats era. If you don't have a pair of beats you aren't hearing it the way you are supposed to. The 90's era was hip hops finest hour but you can't tell me guys like Kendrick and Kanye won't be getting spins 20 years down the road.

Watch the Throne
    Good Kid Madd City

Not to mention guys like Pusha T and Fab still putting in work. Also, you can't tell me guys like J. Cole, Papoose, Schoolboy Q, hell even Drake as much as I don't like him aren't potential future classic hip hop albums if put in the right mindset. Hip hop has a lot of depth these days. The shit is different but why is that bad?
    i agree with most of what you say..... yes it is about the production and there are a lot of great beats but that doesnt make the lyrics any better. the guys you mentioned do have talent and will be played 20 years from now but no where near the rotations that the 90's guys get now. drake imo has the most talent out of everyone you mentioned including kanye. fab is a late 90's/early 2000's guy pusha t's biggest hit was when he was with clipse again in the 90's. when biggie, jay, nas , ** tang, pun,etc. all came out you knew you were listening to classic music. hip hop has a lot of depth now just think back to the time period im taking about that was depth with all great artists. i dont think the stuff now is bad but it doesnt compare to my era.

Eddy Munny

sfdf

Eddy Munny

The KLF's 3 am Eternal is one of my favorite rap songs. The rap verses aren't anything special, but the overall vibe of the song gets me.

Jcole94

Watch the Throne
    Good Kid Madd City

Not sure why you said papoose lol but I was about to say something like this.
    I would add My Krazy Life by YG to the classic list

Hip hop has so much more variety than it use to for e.g Odd Future, A$AP, Kid Cudi, Chance the rapper, Pro Era etc. There is something for everybody these days.

I do agree Drake and J Cole will create a classic.

Jcole94

You have no idea on the state of hip hop lol

I think it cool just to say new shit is bad

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    For good reason. Although I did list a track from Tech N9ne from last year.
    With you on geto boys, remember when bushwick bill got shot in the eye and he was like fukk it lets take a picture and put it on the album cover.. So they got bush wick leaning up on a gurney with his eye shot out and scar face and willie d are pushing the gurney.. Good shitt..

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post
    With you on geto boys, remember when bushwick bill got shot in the eye and he was like fukk it lets take a picture and put it on the album cover.. So they got bush wick leaning up on a gurney with his eye shot out and scar face and willie d are pushing the gurney.. Good shitt..
    ...You'll shoot yer eye out kid.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Not sure why you said papoose lol but I was about to say something like this.
    I would add My Krazy Life by YG to the classic list

Hip hop has so much more variety than it use to for e.g Odd Future, A$AP, Kid Cudi, Chance the rapper, Pro Era etc. There is something for everybody these days.

I do agree Drake and J Cole will create a classic.

I said Papoose because I really believe if the guy ever learned how to make an album with a story or some meaning and not just random street songs on a disc it would go down as one of the best maybe of any era. You can't deny the guys ability he just seems stubborn as penetrate and doesn't seem to have the right backing. Didn't listen to YG yet but I will be. Agree with Odd Future, Cudi, Asap, Chance. Tons of variety but some people are just still stuck on "if it doesnt sound like the 90's its not hip hop"

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Tons of variety but some people are just still stuck on "if it doesnt sound like the 90's its not hip hop"
    im not saying this at all. there is some talent now it doesnt compare to the talent that came out in the 90's its just my opinion. i also appreciate the collabo's of all the r and b with the hip hop artists in the 90's not too much of that going on now

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

im not saying this at all. there is some talent now it doesnt compare to the talent that came out in the 90's its just my opinion. i also appreciate the collabo's of all the r and b with the hip hop artists in the 90's not too much of that going on now
    Wasnt directed at you but that mind state is all over the place. Everyones entitled to their own taste and preference. For me:

outkast
    kanye
    fab
    pusha
    drake
    pac
    biggie
    em
    snoop
    dre
    cudi
    odd future
    tde
    frank ocean
    the weeknd
    pap
    game
    chance
    old 50/gunit
    asap mob
    old wayne
    nas
    pun
    some mmg
    old d block
    old dipset

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

8 out of your top 10 are 90's guys you have nas way down on that list i dont know if its in your personal favorite order or not. im glad you put old wayne on there because the stuff he puts out now isnt as good as back in the day

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

8 out of your top 10 are 90's guys you have nas way down on that list i dont know if its in your personal favorite order or not. im glad you put old wayne on there because the stuff he puts out now isnt as good as back in the day
    Nah man not in order just the shit that Ill put in rotation. If I had to do a top 10 probably be like this (personal preference).

1. Biggie
    2. Eminem
    3. Pac
    4. Nas
    5. Jay
    6. Kanye
    7. Andre 3k
    8. Pusha
    9. Fab
    10. Pun

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Ya'll are crazy. Hip-hop is better now than it has ever been. The remix scene is crazy and pushing the music.

Jcole94

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Ya'll are crazy. Hip-hop is better now than it has ever been. The remix scene is crazy and pushing the music.

I half agree but worst examples of all time

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Eyedea...1 through 10, pick any and it's better than the rest.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I half agree but worst examples of all time
    ok post some better ones then.....

ChalkyDog

Drake is either top 3 most popular hip hop artist out right now, or he is THEE most popular. Lil Wayne is somewhere in there too.

That's 2010's hip hop. That's the current state of affairs.

It's worse than a goddamn dumpster fire behind a discount abortion clinic.

There might be a few good artists out there right now, and I support the hell out of them, as I have NEVER straight up pirated a CD worth buying. Never.

On that note, Kid Cudi's new EP Satellite Flight is on-fukkin'-point. Downloaded that shit off Piratebay, gave it a once through and immediately went out and bought the CD. Fantastic short album to relax to.

No lyrics, but an awesome song nonetheless:

Last edited by ChalkyDog; 04-18-14 at 03:06 AM.

Jcole94

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Drake is either top 3 most popular hip hop artist out right now, or he is THEE most popular. Lil Wayne is somewhere in there too.

That's 2010's hip hop. That's the current state of affairs.

It's worse than a goddamn dumpster fire behind a discount abortion clinic.

There might be a few good artists out there right now, and I support the hell out of them, as I have NEVER straight up pirated a CD worth buying. Never.

On that note, Kid Cudi's new EP Satellite Flight is on-fukkin'-point. Downloaded that shit off Piratebay, gave it a once through and immediately went out and bought the CD. Fantastic short album to relax to.

No lyrics, but an awesome song nonetheless:

lol hip hop is in a great place right now. I can name many rappers right now that are really good.

Drake is good, you just don't like him cos he sings

Jcole94

Nah man not in order just the shit that Ill put in rotation. If I had to do a top 10 probably be like this (personal preference).

1. Biggie
    2. Eminem
    3. Pac
    4. Nas
    5. Jay
    6. Kanye
    7. Andre 3k
    8. Pusha
    9. Fab
    10. Pun
    Kanye should be ahead of all them imo. He is the best hip hop artist of all time imo

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

kanye is a better producer than artist imo. his catalog is ridiculous

Jcole94

kanye is a better producer than artist imo. his catalog is ridiculous
    being a producer is part of being an artist lol

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

being a producer is part of being an artist lol
    so youre telling me that swizz beats is a hip hop artist??? or that biggie was a producer??? or that puffy the rapper was better than puffy the producer??? cmon man. production is different than being the artist

First 1234 Last