Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Outside of watching sports, I can't think of another thing on telly that I have ever watched that made me react in a similar way to most of those reactions on that video, than what I saw last night. Having never read the books it completely took me by surprise, and even when I realised that something was up, I was still not prepared for the sheer brutality of it - and sitting there in the shock of what had just happened inside, seeing the final look that the wolf gave Arya as it died had me in pieces.

As much as I hate what happened, I have to say that I think it has made me love the show even more !

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

a lot of people are pissed off. Swearing off the show. All I can say is they better watch next week.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    a lot of people are pissed off. Swearing off the show. All I can say is they better watch next week.
    Mr. Blazer...the only better watch next week that I can see for you is actually banging your chick- if u have one of course

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Mr. Blazer...the only better watch next week that I can see for you is actually banging your chick- if u have one of course
    Got a knocked up hormone infused wife. Dunno Rocket...getting to the point where's its a little different now

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Got a knocked up hormone infused wife. Dunno Rocket...getting to the point where's its a little different now
    Blazer hang in there pal!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

It gets worse.....babies have the WORST timing when you're trying to watch a show or game.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Something really cool better happen with the fat guy (TT Warrior's twin) and the girl/kid being chased by the monsters getting back to the Wall because they are annoying me already.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Something really cool better happen with the fat guy (TT Warrior's twin) and the girl/kid being chased by the monsters getting back to the Wall because they are annoying me already.
    Sammy the slayer!!!!!!

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

they really aren't primary characters in the books, as in nothing is told from rob's perspective. he was only a character that appeared during other character chapters. the mom was kind of annoying in her chapters. i wasn't interested in her perspective, so it really wasn't a big deal. your reaction is shit this really gives the lannisters the upper hand, not shock and sadness from the loss of characters.

and in the book, the wife didn't even go to the wedding. she was made to stay behind as not to offend the fray's by being present. not to mention the wife is in maybe 2 scenes in the book with a hand full of words spoken.

i don't watch the show the things i have said are from a second hand account of the tv show.
    Last edited by antifoil; 06-03-13 at 11:35 PM.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Sammy the slayer!!!!!!

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Sammy the slayer!!!!!!
    Sammy can read.

Sammy going to get laid.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

If I lived in Westeros, I would never leave my house without a metal neck clamp on. I refuse to die by getting my throat slashed from behind

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7892

I just finished watching all 3 seasons. http://stream-tv.me/

It took me a week but it was awesome! I guess I am hooked

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

And now we have to wait one year to see what's next!!!! BS!! i Just started the third book..."A storm of swords"

This books are awesome!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

A penetrating year? Come on. They should have made the seasons 12 episodes long

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I would recommend everyone read the books.

They are so well written and totally engrossing.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Been watching with my wife (she's a GoT book reader) and this thing is a soap opera with good production values. There is so much 'deus ex machina' it's almost laughable. There are no bounds to the world in which the characters (and thus the watchers) live in that it really destroys the enjoyability of what is strong story telling and potential for robust character development.

Will I continue to watch - certainly. Do I think it is a quality show ranking anywhere near my top 25 (50?) - no way.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I would recommend everyone read the books.

They are so well written and totally engrossing.
    Or even listen to the audiobooks. Fantastic production of great material.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

A friend dared me $200 if I'd watch this episode 1 because they know I freak out at scary stuff and gore. Reading this thread I was like yeah how bad can it be. Sure enough 6 minutes in a guy gets his head fricken lopped off and this was after a ditch full of dead people. Seriously, this is what people want to watch? Come on now. Dude has no melon and I'm too scared to press play to watch any more. You're all sickos.

shari91

Yeah ok another head lopped. Fricken nutters watching this shit. People, this is not normal behaviour just so you know.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah ok another head lopped. Fricken nutters watching this shit. People, this is not normal behaviour just so you know.
    Shari the series has it all...strategy, sex, death, love, drama, horror, comedy and did I mention sex, lots and lots of it.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Shari the series has it all...strategy, sex, death, love, drama, horror, comedy and did I mention sex, lots and lots of it.
    You know, there are certain story lines I really want to see. Like the guy who the king rode a month to see since they're old buddies, the one with the red haired wife and kid. That guy's a goner. For sure he's going to be killed and I want to see why and how. And that blonde hair chick, the almost albino one with the hot bod, who is supposed to marry the jackoff on the horse. Definitely something's going to happen with her. Like she runs away or kills him or something. She's a strong little beast, you can tell. And what's with her wackjob brother? Guy is a perv. And then there's the hot guy with dark curly hair and the funny midge but too much violence and gore. For $200 I couldn't even last the first episode without stopping it 4 times. Seriously just admit that this is not a normal show and only nutters enjoy it. Come on now.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You know, there are certain story lines I really want to see. Like the guy who the king rode a month to see since they're old buddies, the one with the red haired wife and kid. That guy's a goner. For sure he's going to be killed and I want to see why and how. And that blonde hair chick, the almost albino one with the hot bod, who is supposed to marry the jackoff on the horse. Definitely something's going to happen with her. Like she runs away or kills him or something. She's a strong little beast, you can tell. And what's with her wackjob brother? Guy is a perv. And then there's the hot guy with dark curly hair and the funny midge but too much violence and gore. For $200 I couldn't even last the first episode without stopping it 4 times. Seriously just admit that this is not a normal show and only nutters enjoy it. Come on now.
    You're definitely on the right track with the personalities and futures of the characters.

Yes the violence is over the top at some points but no more than other shows on tv. Thrones and Sons of Anarchy are my top two shows to follow and I think they are more normal than watching all the CSI or Sexual Victims Law and Orders and those other shows with decapitations and child rapes and so forth. But...its understandable if you don't like the gore.

Honestly the only reason I started watching it during season 2 I think was because I happened to see it on and caught a glimpse of the White Walkers and thought it was a scary movie...had to look into it from then on but got hooked.

Smoothieopath
    Smoothieopath's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1021

Anyone else sees it taking the Spartacus' route? The show got way more erotic, and here they are killing off main characters like flies... Same pattern... Great show though.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Everybody dies. Spoiler alert.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Spoiler

S4E1 ending...I thought this was one of the best scenes of the series so far

leslanders
    leslanders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Just awesome reactions!. such a great show

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

"You know nothing John Snuuuuurrrrwwww!"

jeeeezus there are some shitty annoying characters in this show.

Its great but Vikings is better

leslanders
    leslanders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Mother of Dragons is the best, no need to bad mouth her.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

Best show on TV in years and it's not even close.

btw HBO just re-upped for seasons 5 and 6 last week.

First 12345 ... Last