Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'm looking forward to the challenge of making a real world team too.

I bet the old world players take 5 or 6 of the 12 spots now we know we need to fight for a spot from the start!
    Good point Opti, something to be said for last year's World performances being less motivated by ease of making the team. Nothing you'll have to worry about though, you would have made it last year even under the new rules

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    So SBR is rewarding mediocrity now.

Well in these Obama times I guess its the political correct thing to do. We cant have all these non-americans winning all those points just because they are better than US players. Thats not fair. We need to redistribute the wealth. Give the US more teams, so that even when they finish 3rd and 4th they will end up with a bigger piece of the pie.

And if you keep adding US teams then at some point you might even win 2nd place.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

with 2 teams now , USA has 50% chance of being last again .

4 years in a row !

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

an idea for the future:
    SBR poker team championship

SBR will select team leaders per say, Gummo, Jake , Autodonk, The money shot, Bitemyusdj, Smitch124, Triple D , etc and then according to the handicap given by the SBR player rating make up the teams.
    Again, just a thought.
    Best regards to all

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    So SBR is rewarding mediocrity now.

Well in these Obama times I guess its the political correct thing to do. We cant have all these non-americans winning all those points just because they are better than US players. Thats not fair. We need to redistribute the wealth. Give the US more teams, so that even when they finish 3rd and 4th they will end up with a bigger piece of the pie.

And if you keep adding US teams then at some point you might even win 2nd place.
    The 12 guys who qualified for the US last year had twice as many points accumulated as the 12 guys from Europe or World. So it's not fair for all the US guys to have to play on every single tourney just to accumulate points and qualify when someone from Europe or World can play for 2 weeks and qualify with 7 cashes.

So if Europe and World are as good as you claim they have nothing to fear and beat both US teams and Canada and win the 5,000 point top prize (which will buy you a $150 gift card once you roll it over 3 times..Obama is not going to like this giving freebies again).

knight
    Hail to the Redskins
    knight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Definitely better this way for the bulk of participants (US players), and at least provides a more balanced contest. The final tournament setup between the teams is too high-variance to be indicative of much (as previous years have proven), and the prizes are a bit underwhelming for a 3 month contest...but that's more than offset by the dailies I think. World Cup has always been more about filling the poker schedule during the summer, and at least this time around SBR listened to feedback and made some great changes...good stuff
    I miss when the dailies broke last September and they gave us freerolls. Unlimited entries per day, slightly smaller prizes. Those were good times.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I miss when the dailies broke last September and they gave us freerolls. Unlimited entries per day, slightly smaller prizes. Those were good times.
    Hrm, I don't remember that...guess I missed out! But SBR gives away plenty of points via the dailies they do run...any griping I do about formats is minor compared to the freebies they hand out hundreds of times a year, won't see me complaining about that

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    walmart exchange rate 3150=100 bucks.....

pizza exchange rate roughly 2125 or 2250 = 100 bucks (i can't remember off hand whether pizza's are 425 for 20 bucks or 450, and i'm too lazy to go check)
    Plus ALL the points you win and rollover which might match or beat what you earn in the tourney

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Plus ALL the points you win and rollover which might match or beat what you earn in the tourney
    All but 4 people who made the teams last year won far more points in the dailies than they did for being on the winning team. This year is a little shorter, but there's no doubt most players will end up in the same boat...the dailies are the real prize for participating

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

All but 4 people who made the teams last year won far more points in the dailies than they did for being on the winning team. This year is a little shorter, but there's no doubt most players will end up in the same boat...the dailies are the real prize for participating
    I just realized I cashed out 8500 points from the triathlon even though I didn't win any of the final prizes. People don't see the big picture. They just focus on the final prizes.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I just realized I cashed out 8500 points from the triathlon even though I didn't win any of the final prizes. People don't see the big picture. They just focus on the final prizes.
    about the same here too.+9500

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    about the same here too.+9500
    have the final results on that promo been posted? if so, where? who won? howd u turn out in blackjack, sin?

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by auto donk View Post
    have the final results on that promo been posted? If so, where? Who won? Howd u turn out in blackjack, sin?
    smtitch 124 won $4000
    stuler $ 1500
    me 9500 points THANKS TO POKER
    danebalzer 5000 points

Auto Donk

awesome! congrats! and to stuler, smitch and db..... seem like a very deserving bunch! are the final results posted anywhere? (my dumbass found them....)

Id like to see who else did what.... and were there ever any blackjack results posted? where? (nevermind, my dumbass found these too)
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-18-14 at 07:17 PM. Reason: my dumbass found them

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by auto donk View Post
    awesome! Congrats! And to stuler, smitch and db..... Seem like a very deserving bunch! Are the final results posted anywhere? (my dumbass found them....)

id like to see who else did what.... And were there ever any blackjack results posted? Where? (nevermind, my dumbass found these too)
    yes, in the same page you will find them

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

an idea for the future:

SBR will select team leaders per say, Gummo, Jake , Autodonk, The money shot, Bitemyusdj, Smitch124, Triple D , etc and then according to the handicap given by the SBR player rating make up the teams.
    Again, just a thought.
    Best regards to all
    Great idea! that would be fun and something new. Would take a lot more thought than most of these other poker comps while this years World Championship seems better with rule change, still love that idea Sin for future.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

clynnm17
    clynnm17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

ive gotta become a pro

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

btw no Ipad for best player this year?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    btw no Ipad for best player this year?
    I asked, never heard anything back.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The previous structure (and to a lesser extent the upcoming one) reward mediocrity, by letting underperforming world players go into a brief, high-variance format on equal footing with dominant US players. Not a single person on the world or European teams last year could have made it onto team USA, or most likely even in the confederates of this year.
    BTW you do realize that us europeans mostly compete against eachother in the 3PM tourney? you will probably find some europeans in the 10AM tourney, some in the 7PM tourney and probably none in the 11PM tourney? Take a guess in how many tourneys you will find US people ...

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

BTW you do realize that us europeans mostly compete against eachother in the 3PM tourney? you will probably find some europeans in the 10AM tourney, some in the 7PM tourney and probably none in the 11PM tourney? Take a guess in how many tourneys you will find US people ...

yesterday all of Top 4 at 3PM were from team europe!
    Last edited by zwoeins; 05-23-14 at 12:04 AM.

Triple_D_Bet

Seems unavoidable with most players being US, right? I'd support adding a 3 AM or 5 PM tourney more in line with world schedules, but I suspect you'd see similar proportions of US even then. As for competing against each other, vast majority of US competes against other US players too, so not sure that's any different.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

an idea for the future:

Again, just a thought.
    Best regards to all
    Great idea...but I thought people were complaining these player ratings weren't accurate? Apparently SBR corrected problem & all player ratings are accurate now. If so, Tripe D's rating should b 1,400. Please confirm your rating Tripe. My rating below seems quite accurate.

Name:  SBR Player Rating.PNG
Views: 204
Size:  41.1 KB

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

How do you modify your ratings to 2300?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    By playing exceptional poker apparently.

Mitchell88

fold everything, wait for the people who are trying to win knock each other out, use the timer to the last beep, play like a coward more or less. play like that you are guaranteed a 10th place all the time. Boring but true
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

bobbywaves

Pay tight aggressive, don't push all in with Q,4 off like Mitch.

I assume Mitch has an accurate 1400 rating.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Pay tight aggressive, don't push all in with Q,4 off like Mitch.

I assume Mitch has an accurate 1400 rating.
    probably, Bobby can I have 100pts. Thanks bud

bobbywaves

What interest rate u looking for?

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Great idea...but I thought people were complaining these player ratings weren't accurate? Apparently SBR corrected problem & all player ratings are accurate now. If so, Tripe D's rating should b 1,400. Please confirm your rating Tripe. My rating below seems quite accurate.

Name:  SBR Player Rating.PNG
Views: 204
Size:  41.1 KB
    There's several good reasons why these systems aren't widely used to rate poker players...but let's not kid ourselves bobbo, you're extremly ill-equipped to understand any of the math or basic poker theory behind it. Recognizing which of 2 numbers is higher (regardless of context) seems to be the extent of your math skills

Apparently, play Omaha H/L exclusively so even though you get raked for 10-20% of your chips, you're a "winner"

It seems the rating system is a consolation prize for those who can't put up the big numbers for winning actual points...why am I not surprised to find Bobbo at the top of another meaningless rating system with $0 and 0 points reward? Unreal...guy's proud that he's sitting in the front seat of the short bus

bobbywaves

There's several good reasons why these systems aren't widely used to rate poker players...but let's not kid ourselves bobbo, you're extremly ill-equipped to understand any of the math or basic poker theory behind it. Recognizing which of 2 numbers is higher (regardless of context) seems to be the extent of your math skills

Apparently, play Omaha H/L exclusively so even though you get raked for 10-20% of your chips, you're a "winner"

It seems the rating system is a consolation prize for those who can't put up the big numbers for winning actual points...why am I not surprised to find Bobbo at the top of another meaningless rating system with $0 and 0 points reward? Unreal...guy's proud that he's sitting in the front seat of the short bus
    A simple screen shot with your 1400 rating would have sufficed Tripe, no need to defend your poor rating.

Auto Donk

bobby::coward::ducking::waves:ussy::excuses

Triple_D_Bet

Appreciate you covering for me while I'm on vacation donk, keep it up for a few more days if you would and I'll be back to resume the apparently endless task of trying to show bobby what the rest of us know

First 1234 Last