sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Grand Finale Poker Tourney Sat. April 12, 5PM ET Prizes to be announced later.

Just a question to SBR contest organizers,
    What is the incidence of this tournament to the present standings; will the points of the winner of this tournament be added to the final standings of April 7th?
    Or is a separated thing all together?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

If I remember correctly, last year it was added to the final standings.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    If I remember correctly, last year it was added to the final standings.
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what is the point then to play every day . Furthermore, the hoops basically is a done deal on April 7th, but no the poker end of it?
    So what ever i did to gain a lead is worth nothing, and, to top it up, i cannot play the tournament because i have a big family event!!!!!
    the effort was good for nothing because if is like last year, anyone can make the top.
    this is not a triathlon,,,,,,,it is a hoop contest, that it.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

sinmiedo....that sucks for you. you completely owned this promo on the poker side.

unless the payouts are crazily high (which i hope is not the case for sinmiedo), i will also have to opt out because i too have plans. wish they would play this on sunday like most other sites big events.

sinmiedo

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. to be fair, it is in the contest rules.My apologies to the organizers.
    Gl to all

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    what is the point then to play every day . Furthermore, the hoops basically is a done deal on April 7th, but no the poker end of it?
    So what ever i did to gain a lead is worth nothing, and, to top it up, i cannot play the tournament because i have a big family event!!!!!
    the effort was good for nothing because if is like last year, anyone can make the top.
    Because its a rigged, unorganized, non intelligent stupid fuk'in contest designed to keep you showing up here sin for fuk'in bread crumbs! Doesn't matter how much time you put in, there's alwasys some stupid fuk'in part to this 3 way shit fest that makes absolutely no sense at all! Congrats on all your great finishes though, if solely based on poker, as it should be without all the other dumb ass shit, (mixing basketball with poker, real fuk'in smart there) you rightfully deserve to be the Champion.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    sinmiedo....that sucks for you. you completely owned this promo on the poker side.

unless the payouts are crazily high (which i hope is not the case for sinmiedo), i will also have to opt out because i too have plans. wish they would play this on sunday like most other sites big events.
    You fuk'in suck anyway douche bag, (263rd place in the hoops contest, don't quit your day job giving hand jobs for spare change) and have not a rat's ass chance of placing anyway. So go ahead with your planed circle jerk festival, I'm sure you'll win that!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 04-05-14 at 10:21 AM.

sinmiedo

Perhaps,and to be fair, the hopps contest should have also have a Grand Finale.
    this is just a though for the next one.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I'm not 100% here sin...but I think I remember last year thinking the same thing that you're feeling now...that it's bullshit to have the final tourney(payouts much higher) added..it pretty much minimizes the 3 or 4 months of grinding the dailies. I guess we will find out soon enough.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post

i believe that the prize could be the same as last year, witch without a doubt, will bite into my lead.

sinmiedo

well, reading the contest rules again lead me to the following:

• Poker tourneys: Daily tournaments plus a high stakes tourney on the final day. See schedule.

i assume that it is a 100 buy in, that is the reason why the prizes will be announced!

Mon-Fri schedule
    Jan 13 - April 10
    Times: 10AM, 3PM, 7PM, 9PM, 11PM

we have 4 more days of playing than the hoops.

M I in the right SBR thinking ???
    Please Contest organizers, could you be able to confirm.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by sinmiedo; 04-05-14 at 11:53 AM.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

I thought it didn't count last year, seems like I recall them saying it was just a finale tournament to finish it out and would not be counted.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I thought the final tourney counted last year? Can't remember though, not much reason to pay attention as I'll miss it again this year. Counting the one tournament in with the dailies reduces the skill element involved, but to be fair, no SBR contest to date has been what I'd consider skill-based...there are always divisions or scoring to favor large elements of chance (either adding high-variance events to triathalon, or much different standards for world teams heading into short term deciding tournaments). Maybe it's for marketing reasons? Whatever the reason, running well constructed poker tournaments has never been SBR's strong point, and since feedback hasn't changed that it's likely to continue like that. Still plenty of value in playing the dailies, and we can always make our own contests (although when I do it there aren't many takers!)

sinmiedo

I have no problem adjusting to rules, as long as they are clear from the beginning. No reason to leave many things to the last second. But this is the site that we choose to play and I follow the rules they give me, it is not up to me to try changing them for my convenience.
    The doubt I had they cleared up already, but some points should be consider.
    If this is an hoop event , leave it at that.
    if is a Triathlon, should start and finish at the same time not 3 days later.
    If one extra main event is added to one side ( poker) , then add it on the hops.
    Only the hoop side double deep in the prizes (because they have an sponsor? )
    The main reason to be a pro is to support the sponsors, but the poker side is so far is self sustain in this competition.
    Last edited by sinmiedo; 04-05-14 at 02:15 PM.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

I have no problem adjusting to rules, as long as they are clear from the beginning. No reason to leave many things to the last second. But this is the site that we choose to play and I follow the rules they give me, it is not up to me to try changing them for my convenience.
    The doubt I had they cleared up already, but some points should be consider.
    If this is an hoop event , leave it at that.
    if is a Triathlon, should start and finish at the same time not 3 days later.
    If one extra main event is added to one side ( poker) , then add it on the hops.
    Only the hoop side double deep in the prizes (because they have an sponsor? )
    The main reason to be a pro is to support the sponsors, but the poker side is so far is self sustain in this competition.
    Sin, are you complaining that hoop part has more prizes?? How about all the points you won so far in poker. And all of us who played a lot won a lot of points along the way -- nobody nearly as much as you. BUT, the hoop leaders have received nothing so far. I don't think we should begrudge them going deeper in the hoop final standings for prizes.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    Sin, are you complaining that hoop part has more prizes?? How about all the points you won so far in poker. And all of us who played a lot won a lot of points along the way -- nobody nearly as much as you. BUT, the hoop leaders have received nothing so far. I don't think we should begrudge them going deeper in the hoop final standings for prizes.
    I do not complain HH ,we pay a fee for each tournament and every participant has a chance to recoup their buy in. i do not want to offend anyone by posting what i think is unbalance.however, if you or the hoop players took it that way, i sincerely apologize for the remarks.
    Last edited by sinmiedo; 04-05-14 at 02:46 PM.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I'm with hh here...the balance for the rewards between the individual parts and the tri points they're worth is pretty favorably skewed towards poker players, who can win thousands of points for even mediocre performances, more than the lower payouts for the tri contest itself. I'm sure all the poker players prefer it that way!

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Last year I did good in poker, ok in hoops and ran good in the black jack. Was in the top ten and got pushed out by one or two from the over scored random turbo tourney. Best part is the same guy who is always crying how rigged and unlucky he, is runs hot and wins... then makes a big 'thank you SBR you are so fair and great' post following his win. Two weeks later.. SBR is rigged again... lol.
    Its always going to be a little unfair guys, better off not letting it get to you.
    Last edited by Jedi Mind Picks; 04-05-14 at 10:59 PM. Reason: blah blah blah