zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Quick question for live players

Finally found a couple decent games in my area..not just my friends playing

i know everyone has different opinions just wanting to know what you've seen..

how much money do you recommend taking to a $1/$3 no limit game?

...same applies for a $2/$5 game

Since I haven't played at either of these games before I don't feel comfortable taking a was of cash first but also don't wanna be flexed around..

thinking of maybe just sticking to the $1/$3 game until I build a bigger bankroll problem is it's about an hour drive where as the other one is 5 minutes up the road.

both games play twice a week..once on same night and then two different ones

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

I'd recommend, that you have about 5-6k bankroll, to go on NL 300. Don't know, how much you pay for food+drink+cigarettes+electricity+gas/month and how much do you earn/month, but 5-6k is recommended.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That hour drive is rough...gotta figure that into the expenses.

I mean, it's pretty dependent on your tilt management and how safe the game is. Are you playing at a legal poker room, the white suburbs, or like somewhere in southwest Dekalb? Bringing to the game? I'd say about 4 buys. Sucks being stuck for 3+ buys but you also don't want to tilt off more or get robbed. If you win, you're going to be walk out of there with a chunk of change anyway.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    That hour drive is rough...gotta figure that into the expenses.

I mean, it's pretty dependent on your tilt management and how safe the game is. Are you playing at a legal poker room, the white suburbs, or like somewhere in southwest Dekalb? Bringing to the game? I'd say about 4 buys. Sucks being stuck for 3+ buys but you also don't want to tilt off more or get robbed. If you win, you're going to be walk out of there with a chunk of change anyway.

blazer you from ATL? but my connection just said south side…of the city which isn't really the area you want to be in.trying to find out a bit more information before I just head down into a sketchy part of town. but he did say theres about 5 nice tables, free food and drinks, cocktail waitress, professional dealers….

The closest legal poker room unfortunately would be in Alabama or up in Cherokee North Carolina which is a haul and a half.

Now the other part to it is the $2/$5 game is in a nice part of town.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I bring 2.333 buy ins with me. If I lose that I go home because I don't figure I'll play my best game if I've been losing. Better to play another day. I am not an advocate of playing private games. And btw the extra .333 is for topping up.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

3 bullets . leave when you have total of 5 including the ones you brought. Or when you start losing midum size pots. Or of you are down 1.5 bullet.