thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

What does SBR Poker use for it's Random Number Generator? Interesting quote in terms

Personally I can't find it anywhere. I could be missing it which is fine. Any site worth it's weight in crap has it posted and tested. The funny thing is (I'm not trying to be accusatory I just want to know) when I was googling and trying to find out I found this tidbit.

Usage of Poker Software
    SBRforum reserves the right to restrict any accounts determined to be using third-party software that aids or assists players, interferes with, corrupts, or otherwise compromises the functionality of SBR Poker. Poker bots are forbidden, software which attempts to crack the Random-Number-Generator algorithm or display hole cards will result in a permanent ban from the SBRforum community. The usage of hand calculators or poker tracking software is permitted.

You actually can't crack a RNG alg no matter if you're an NSA hacker. An RNG is an RNG. You could maybe intercept cards or see other players cards, but in no way could hack this. So just wondering SBR, what does poker use for the RNG I just want to know as I'm sure many others do.

Cheers and BOL and the tables

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not sure you would have an advantage at SBR knowing the other players hole cards.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ronzer

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    hahah.... funny shit! suckout was programmed on me in a cash game today when some idiot shoves on my ak with j9, on a kjsomething flop.... river 9. fck you sbr!!!!

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

If you can crack a random number generator...then it obviously is not random.

thechaoz

Exactly.. Every site list theirs on the site. Sbr from from I can tell doesn't. You can't crack an rng.

I've played online since 04 and paid bills college with super nova elite on stars and full tilt rake back etc

Being from the US and Washington State basically online poker is dead to me.

Just curious sbr what /who runs your rng. All I'm asking

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

TT and Lou generate numbers by pulling them out of an empty peanut butter jar. If you're mean to them that day, you "run bad".

thechaoz

Lol dane. I know you're a real player you've got to be wondering. I mean I know it's not real money but in a way it is.

With contests, the store etc. I'd just like to know. Not even worth the timeif it's not even a legit rng

I've played millions of hands online and never seen a site not list it. Guess I'll pm

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I'd be surprised if SBR wasn't using an off-the-shelf RNG so to speak, highly doubt they're running anything as complex and auditable as actual poker sites do. Most computer RNGs are crackable to some extent; a RNGs "randomness" is determined primarily by it's seeding, and if you can figure out the seeding algorithm and get real time access to the variables used to seed it, you can duplicate the results. Considering how complicated that would be though, I doubt it would be worth anyone's time...cracking a RNG would be of value primarily to identify repeating patterns, which shouldn't show up often in any modern implementation and certainly not in the volume you'd expect at SBR.

Can't say I've ever been concerned about the RNG...aside from the fact it's for peanuts, it seems very unlikely anyone's going to figure out any meaningful pattern. I mean, you've got a large percentage of players who express disbelief that highly probable events can happen in a fair game...these guys have no chance of spotting the difference between real randomness and almost-randomness

thechaoz

Great post TRIPD and I agree about the off the shelf RNG. I majored in Chem and statistics and have analyzed millions of my hands from poker tracker over several sites and never found any deviation from randomness.

I will say last few knock outs in tourneys have been the worst I've ever experienced consecutively as a poker player, but I've also primarily played cash my whole life. I'm not throwing around any accusations just curious is all. Maybe this thread will change my "luck' ie; variance

The last six have gone as follows (wa wa I know but I can't resisst)

2 outter
    3 outter
    2 outter
    5 outter
    3 outter
    and last night 3 outter.

COME ONE SBR!! lol. Anyway I pmd them just out of curiosities sake. Surely they know. At least I hope they do lol.

BOL at the tables gents

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Good stuff chaoz, I didn't think a prior SNE would have any serious issues with this kinda stuff. Man I miss Stars' program, SNE was badass....fuggin DoJ

thechaoz

No "issues" per se I've been adamant that I have no reason you think it's "rigged "or what ever the term is people use.

I'm frankly just curious. If sbr doesn't at least use something half way decent rng other than a drunk monkey that's fine. I just don't want to be wasting my time

As far as the DOJ goes.... F Bill Frist and his port security act. My country is such a joke... I could go on for hours but I won't

thechaoz

PMed. Still waiting