opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

NHL fans: Do you think Brad Richards gets traded?

I personally think he's gone. As much as I like Richards, you can't mortgage your future on him...

His injury with "concussion-like" symptoms makes it a little more difficult, but I think the Stars have to deal him. They simply can't risk losing him for nothing this Summer. The Bouwmeester situation in Florida has shown teams that banking on a UFA is risky.

What do you guys think?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

we miss him in tampa

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Concussion made it tough. If hadn't gotten hurt Dallas would probably have a few more points, and in a better position in the conference, and not in the position to trade him. Right now, if they trade him hurt they will be getting pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't trade him because they are currently in the thick of it, and have a solid roster. And making the playoffs, even if Richards leaves after this year, will be beneficial to the organization both on the ice and financially. So no, I don't think they trade him. But I think they let him walk after the season.

BTW, how's Goligoski working out?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Well he has said he would prefer to stay in Dallas but wants what is best for the team. My money would be that he stays in Dallas for the remainder of the year but he if he was to be dealt it would be a team in the East for sure and probably the Rangers.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's a very difficult situation for both the Stars and Richards. My guy says he stays in Dallas but you never know what's going to be thrown Dallas' way in the next couple days. A team like Carolina, Atlanta or New York Rangers could swoop in and make a great deal for the playoff push.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Might be a stupid question but he isn't back in the line up right now for the Stars' is he?

element1286

I don't see them moving him unless they get a team to overpay.

Never know what Brian Burke is gonna do. He loves to make bold moves, even if they are bad ones. If anyone swoops in and offers Nieuwendyk the farm, it will be him. Sather usually makes his mistakes in free agency. Although a healthy Rags team with a healthy Richards would certainly be a threat in the East.

element1286

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Might be a stupid question but he isn't back in the line up right now for the Stars' is he?
    Nope he is still out of the lineup.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Element, in response to that Brian Burke comment I don't think the Leafs will be as active as many people predict. Burke has said to the Toronto media that he believes the Leafs have finally got back to their blueprint which was to get younger and to move out the overpriced old guys. I wouldn't expect Burke to make any blockbuster deals for Richards or anyone else. Leafs don't have much to offer except draft picks and I know Burke won't be willing to trade anyone in particular come 3 pm ET tomorrow.

Thats the inside scoop from a Maple Leaf's fan but I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting deals tomorrow from the rest of the league.

opie1988

He's skating now, but not yet practicing with the team. I saw him at the arena yesterday prior to the game. He seemed to be in great spirits, and I read from the Stars beat writer that he feels like he could be back this week.

I think he goes tomorrow, probably to NY. I kind of feel that the Stars feel like he could help to stock their roster more than he can help them with a long run this year.

Element- Goglioski has really been great! He had the most TOI of any Star yesterday, and had 2 assists, including the primary on the game winner by Erikkson. He really seems to mesh well with the guys. Already seems like pretty good chemistry between them. Most everyone is excited about the trade for him so far.

I think you guys got a good forward in Neal. He was never going to fulfill what was hoped for here in Dallas. Too much placed on him too soon. I imagine he'll go to the Pens first line, and when you get everyone back, he'll absolutely look good with the sick passes Sid will set him up on.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

element1286

Element, in response to that Brian Burke comment I don't think the Leafs will be as active as many people predict. Burke has said to the Toronto media that he believes the Leafs have finally got back to their blueprint which was to get younger and to move out the overpriced old guys. I wouldn't expect Burke to make any blockbuster deals for Richards or anyone else. Leafs don't have much to offer except draft picks and I know Burke won't be willing to trade anyone in particular come 3 pm ET tomorrow.

Thats the inside scoop from a Maple Leaf's fan but I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting deals tomorrow from the rest of the league.
    Hopefully that is what he does, Toronto needs to tear down even more before they rebuild. They have a few pieces in Schenn, Kadri, and Kessel. But still too many big contracts for players who are underperforming.

element1286

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    He's skating now, but not yet practicing with the team. I saw him at the arena yesterday prior to the game. He seemed to be in great spirits, and I read from the Stars beat writer that he feels like he could be back this week.

I think he goes tomorrow, probably to NY. I kind of feel that the Stars feel like he could help to stock their roster more than he can help them with a long run this year.

Element- Goglioski has really been great! He had the most TOI of any Star yesterday, and had 2 assists, including the primary on the game winner by Erikkson. He really seems to mesh well with the guys. Already seems like pretty good chemistry between them. Most everyone is excited about the trade for him so far.

I think you guys got a good forward in Neal. He was never going to fulfill what was hoped for here in Dallas. Too much placed on him too soon. I imagine he'll go to the Pens first line, and when you get everyone back, he'll absolutely look good with the sick passes Sid will set him up on.
    Gogo always seemed like the guy who was going to get moved, he was the #5 here, and needed more ice time to mature. So I'm glad he is going to a place where he gets more responsibility.

When I heard the rumors, I couldn't believe Neal was available. But it sounds like a similar situation as Goligoski. And it was weird to see an actual hockey trade take place, there are so few of them these days.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

i cant believe so many ppl give a rats asss about fkn dallas star hockey in fk players talk nonetheless

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    i cant believe so many ppl give a rats asss about fkn dallas star hockey in fk players talk nonetheless
    It clearly says NHL Fans in the title so why did you click it? So many idiots on this site its getting out of hand.

opie1988

Why would you say that?

Its not just about Dallas Stars hockey, its about the top player on the night before the trade deadline.

Why would you possibly enjoy constantly arguing with people in a Gambling chit-chat room? Isn't real life hard enough?

Relax.....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

Why would you say that?

Its not just about Dallas Stars hockey, its about the top player on the night before the trade deadline.

Why would you possibly enjoy constantly arguing with people in a Gambling chit-chat room? Isn't real life hard enough?

Relax.....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

It clearly says NHL Fans in the title so why did you click it? So many idiots on this site its getting out of hand.
    i am an idiot. i am on this site and it is getting out of hand. i will concede that

opie1988

i am an idiot. i am on this site and it is getting out of hand. i will concede that
    Congrats on the Royal FLush the other day, King.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Guy's a stud, health problems though. Should be interesting.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

i think they will try to lock him up 6-7 years

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

I don't think they can trade him, unless Joe lowers his demands.

Richards would only be a rental and who knows how he'll perform coming off that concussion.

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Yes, hope he goes to NY

R6MC
    R6MC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24711

Brad's hands are so soft and fully moisturized

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

He's not going anywhere unless the Stars get an offer they can't refuse tomorrow. I expect the Stars to announce a contract extension if not tomorrow then very soon.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I think he's going to test free agency after the season. With his pal Neal gone, he doesn't have any reason to give Dallas a discount.