No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Final two is a joke. I'm ashamed to be from a country that champions the dullest, dumbest, most inane, least interesting form of music in the known world today -- country music.
    If this kid was on a Country American Idol show, you'd have never heard of him.

He's a novelty act -- boy country singer -- for this show. That's why he's doing "well." You won't hear much from him again after this. Funny they didn't show much of the Josh Turner clip singing with him -- there's a real country singer that would embarrass this kid off the stage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

BTW Capy, I'm not about to defend country music, but have you listened to some of the pop/R&B shit on the radio these days? Every time I think we sink to a new low in popular music, something worse comes along.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Both finalists are garbage, we know this is popularity contest. So... who's more popular guys?

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

All the little girls who sit at home and watch this are voting for Scotty. Kid could probably pull a lot of ass but will turn out to be gay or something.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    BTW Capy, I'm not about to defend country music, but have you listened to some of the pop/R&B shit on the radio these days? Every time I think we sink to a new low in popular music, something worse comes along.
    NoCoin, that is a FANTASTIC point, man! I've had to fast-forward through every guest that Idol has had on to perform their "hit" on the Thursday shows. And those "brand new videos" they've recently shown by J-Lo and Beyonce and whoever are absolute drivel -- utterly horrendous non-music.

So you're right, it's not just country that is junk; it seems we've arrived at a time when popular music is all dumbed down (both compositionally and lyrically, but I mostly mean compositionally -- the music itself) so much that it's nothing short of a crime against man.

What's the biggest SHAME is that there remains TONS of great music out there, in all genres!! (though I still exclude country, sorry) ... but most people will never hear it if they don't dig deeper than the big radio stations and American Idol.

Still, there was a time when even the most POPULAR, Top 40 music was actually pretty solid, there were people writing great songs. There were actual musicians making music. In all genres. I don't know how we got to this point really.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If this kid was on a Country American Idol show, you'd have never heard of him.

He's a novelty act -- boy country singer -- for this show. That's why he's doing "well." You won't hear much from him again after this. Funny they didn't show much of the Josh Turner clip singing with him -- there's a real country singer that would embarrass this kid off the stage.
    funny how every one went nuts when the "big country star" came out to sing with the kid
    i never heard of him- wouldnt know him walking down the street

wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bridgejumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max max max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty should be at least -2000

-650 is lolololololololololol

scotty pwns. Check dialidol.

LineKrusher
    LineKrusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Who cares ???

wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by LineKrusher View Post
    Who cares ???

people who like to make money, ldo

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I agree with wiffle.Dial idol is usually spot on. i already hedged scotty when he was + money here at SBR for lowly points..So I will hold off..But yeah he should be around -1500 to -2000

First 1234