CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

NY Islanders 3136 in attendance tonight.

Even with the bad weather that's pretty embarrassing. Re-location of Tampa Bay, Florida, Phoenix and the Islanders would help this league out. Having Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis playing for Quebec City, and Phoenix going back to Winnipeg would only help this league. More teams closer to the northern border would be beneficial and make sense. New York/New Jersey already has enough teams...time to re-locate and move some teams around.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

that was because of the bad weather I am sure

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Tampa is averaging 16.1k a game a lot of other teams doing worse than that. Atlanta, Dallas, Columbus, doingworse than Tampa

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

While that is true what else is there in Columbus compared to Tampa Bay? I agree with Atlanta and Dallas. All of those southern states don't seem to have the interest or passion when it comes to hockey(compared to Canadians) yet Gary Bettman won't man up to it.

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terrible weather might have helped it, but regardless fan attendance up there isn't high.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

and guess what?? out of the 3136 fans, i heard 2,700 of them were from montreal. yes, that's right, 40 buses left montreal on friday aft to attend this game. and they all were there despite the horrendous blizzard. that's what mtl fans are all about. we don't care about the weather, we still have 21,000 fans here every game, even in 35 inch snowstorms. Mtl is the greatest hockey town in the world...so imagine if there were no mtl fans at tonights game, there would have been only 436 fans.. the whole place was filled with habs jerseys tonight..

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

It will take years for hockey to fully catch on in the south. It has to start with the youth first, growing up as a kid in the south it's baseball, basketball, football and soccer. There is no youth hockey leagues to get kids interested in the game. So when the kids grow up and are now the consumer they are going to go to the sports they know and like. I have friends from Buffalo that grew up playing hockey and love that sport more than anything.
    Last edited by doublej95; 12-27-10 at 12:16 AM.