ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Book ???? Howard Stern resign prop??

Can we get a "will Howard Stern resign with Sirius Satellite" Or "will his last show on Sirius be December 16th"

I'm not sure how this would work out, because I can see him resigning and taking off until after New Years, but he'd announce that he resigned before he took his break, i'd imagine.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

I don't think that is a good idea. I don't see him leaving there for a while. I likes it too much there.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I dunno...Lots of different options out there.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

his staff would have left for other jobs by now. No one has left, so that leaves me to believe he re-signs. Remember in June and July when Gary was worrying about the staff leaving for other jobs.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Yea, but then again, he could have something else in the works, and he's already told the staff, and they all know what's going on. Instead of announcing it, it leaves them with decent talks of whether he'll resign or not, since it's not out in the public

He could be going to a podcast...His own hours...3 days a week...million+ subscribers at 3-5 bucks a month = 60 Million a year. Not exactly sure how that shit works out, but I'm sure plenty of people would drop sirius and pay that much for Stern alone.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

you think Stern would get a million suscribers? I don't see that

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see a million subscribers. guy is old news. I used to listen back in the day religiously. Show is terrible now.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

When stern left free radio, I stopped listening because he didn't care about the lifelong fans.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

But Sirius/XM has 20 million subscribers...Do you guys really think that it's for the music only?

I for one know that if it wasn't for Stern or Jason Ellis, I wouldn't subscribe since there are things like Pandora, and plenty of other media players.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Reports coming in now, that he's been in contact with Itunes.

3 years 600 million for stern and howard TV, to help apple launch the AppleTV

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stern is definitely not a big deal any more. Certainly gets more money now, but his show I think was more popular when it had FCC controversies to surround it and was "taboo" on terrestrial radio. On satellite, it's just another crude show that is solely based on existing listeners ...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

dont be fooled stern is still a major force in media, incredibly loyal following and is as big as he ever was

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7704

No Artie means no Stern for me. At least some sports was mentioned with Artie.

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Kyhawk has a good point for us sports guys. I love Stern and the gang to death but Artie was key for sports, gambling, beligerence, and comedy.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

resigned with sirius for another five years.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    resigned with sirius for another five years.

Yea...Now it's time to call sirius and tell them I want to cancel. Then they can come back with a cheaper rate for me. Only subscribed for 6 months, because I was able to listen to him for free, but now that site isn't good anymore.

Plus they need all the money they can get to pay him, so they'll offer me half price or better if I sign on long term with them.

Davydave
    Davydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2008

Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    No Artie means no Stern for me. At least some sports was mentioned with Artie.
    Yeah, I miss Artie too, definitely something missing without him.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder how many of their customers are only customers because its given to them by Ford and GM for free for a couple of years

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

This guy just spent the last 6 months talking about how great it sounded to leave Sirius...and now he resigns.

I think it's fascinating how miserable he is despite all that he's accomplished. It's one thing to say that, but to be in his shoes with what he has and actually be THAT miserable is absolutely mind-blowing.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    I wonder how many of their customers are only customers because its given to them by Ford and GM for free for a couple of years
    thats where his numbers are at? When NEW car sales tank so does sat radio subscrptions.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LearningTree View Post
    This guy just spent the last 6 months talking about how great it sounded to leave Sirius...and now he resigns. I think it's fascinating how miserable he is despite all that he's accomplished. It's one thing to say that, but to be in his shoes with what he has and actually be THAT miserable is absolutely mind-blowing.
    Dude was never going anywhere else. No one else in the world would pay him what he makes at Sirius. It was just a rouse to get people to talk about the "possibilities" and probably somewhat of a negotiating ploy for him to try to overestimate his worth again ... from all I've read, he either resigned for what he was making or took a cut.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

artie was the only reason i tuned in. his rage, his alcohol abuse stories, his drug stories.. how much he ate last night and how he got to be over 300 lbs and he can't stop eating.. how he loves to bang hookers, and his amazing gambling stories about his bookie or who he had last night and how much he's up or down.. etc..

no more of that now is boring.. i miss artie.. show is nothign without him.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Yep, Artie is essential. Any word on if he's gonna come back at some point? I've heard nothing about him but drug rumors.

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

Howard needs to hang up the head phones for good.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

howard rules and highly doubtful artie will be back on show on an everyday basis. way too much for the guy to handle.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Ngates. Do what im gonna do. My sub ends Jan 1st of this year. Im going to call in and tell them im going to cancel because they didnt resign bubba. Ive heard of a ton of people say if you do this they will offer you 5 months free/ or 5 months for $20. Some even said they could have gotten a new receiver.

But i think Howards show is just as good as its ever been, granted ive only listened in the sirius years so i dont know his radio prior but i cant imagine it wth censorship. I hate History of HS, i think its horrible.....why no best of 2010?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Ngates. Do what im gonna do. My sub ends Jan 1st of this year. Im going to call in and tell them im going to cancel because they didnt resign bubba. Ive heard of a ton of people say if you do this they will offer you 5 months free/ or 5 months for $20. Some even said they could have gotten a new receiver. But i think Howards show is just as good as its ever been, granted ive only listened in the sirius years so i dont know his radio prior but i cant imagine it wth censorship. I hate History of HS, i think its horrible.....why no best of 2010?

Yea, I called and told them It doesn't work on my phone, and I use that to listen on my way to work. It has been hit or miss, it didn't work for a while, then it did work flawlessly, now it doesn't work again. But I just listen to Stern in the morning, then Jason Ellis in the afternoon while at work.

They gave me a year for 72 bucks.

I don't mind the History of Howard Stern, since I've only listened to it while it's been on Sirius, and for a year while he was on in Chicago. I like to listen to some of the old stuff, but I prefer the non censored stuff. I enjoy hearing F bombs and shit like that.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Yea, I called and told them It doesn't work on my phone, and I use that to listen on my way to work. It has been hit or miss, it didn't work for a while, then it did work flawlessly, now it doesn't work again. But I just listen to Stern in the morning, then Jason Ellis in the afternoon while at work. They gave me a year for 72 bucks. I don't mind the History of Howard Stern, since I've only listened to it while it's been on Sirius, and for a year while he was on in Chicago. I like to listen to some of the old stuff, but I prefer the non censored stuff. I enjoy hearing F bombs and shit like that.
    The Sirius app now has howard. I was using an app called pocket tunes for my iPhone and it took forever to load. The Sirius app works so much better there is almost no load time and comes up immediately