addict123
    addict123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambling debt

I incurred a huge gambling debt recently of 30K with a bookmaker based in Alderney. Can they enforce that money in the UK without having a license under the UK Gambling Act?

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Fk that shit **. Get a gun. Don't pay those fuggin **.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-25-14 at 02:21 AM.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Not sure what they can enforce legally, but i am sure they can break your legs and toss a few bullets into your torso illegally..........Best of luck, but for 30k, they will be looking for the cashpal....

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Make sure you are packing heat seriouosly. No way I wouldn't be strapped at all times owing 30K

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by addict123 View Post
    I incurred a huge gambling debt recently of 30K with a bookmaker based in Alderney. Can they enforce that money in the UK without having a license under the UK Gambling Act?
    Can I ask how did you manage to get into debt with them?
    Most bookmakers I know of require you to deposit first, and if you can't deposit you can't gamble.
    Is that not so?

I hope you would stay safe away from gambling.

addict123

I was surprised they offered this to me, too. I never had more than 10k in my account, but of course I lost it all and now they want the money back.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

So you were able to get a line of credit for 30K? If you have it then pay up. If you don't then don't worry about it. Can't pay something you don't have. I would think 30k to a gambling outfit is not really a lot. They probably just write it off as uncollectible.
    Last edited by NardVa; 04-24-14 at 10:51 PM.

addict123

Yes.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

It was nice meeting you...and knowing you.... I would invest in a

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

jesus man do u have a death wish ? stay safe and move asap

addict123

Very funny. It's a well-known bookmaker, I doubt they will hire the really bad guys.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very funny. It's a well-known bookmaker, I doubt they will hire the really bad guys.
    I had the owner of one of the A+ books tell me he would have someone on my doorstep if I scammed him,i swear to god

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

if he's a real businessman he'll work out a payment plan, maybe even settle for less than 30k.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Dont be a shithead. Pay up.
    Loser.

If you won and wanted pay out you would expect the money.
    Pay up.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: geebert74

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

You drive a white car you leave for work at 6:15 every day and you like tea.....there watching u as we speak buddy

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

I didn't know books gave out line of credit. Does anyone know of any books which do this?

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    So you were able to get a line of credit for 30K?
    Yes.
    I think I had this option once with a website called SpreadEX or something like that.
    They have sports betting and they allow players to get a line of credit and then it's so easy to lose so much money there.
    They are also based in Alderney.

You can read similar cases here:

http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/debt_...p?f=22&t=14178
    (This is from 2006 but note the person sold the house before they could force a judgement against him, but it's not so straightforward as it seems now)

http://www.davenportlyons.com/legal-..._you_wish_for/
    (Someone claimed he wasn't the one placing the bets, proving so as well, and he won the case).

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...ing-debts.html
    (This is a sad story if you ask me)

SpreadEX is giving line of credit is well known for chasing people for the money.
    I'm sure they have made all the proper verifications of who you are before they have given you a line of credit.

Sadly, that means if you have any assets like money in your bank account or so they will get a court order and get their hands on it. I would personally either:

• Try and re-pay this debt, by making an agreement with SpreadEX
      or
    • If this is a far too much to pay, I would sell all my UK assets and transfer all the money you have in the UK to another bank, perhaps a bank offshore or in a country that no one knows you have an account there ... don't leave any UK assets because they were able to chase after a sheik and took part of his palace through UK and Baharain courts

Basically you need to have a bank account elsewhere, no one knows about, never declare on it, and get a DC from that bank and take money in the UK when you need it. If you work - prove 100% of your income is used for your living. Rent a property, don't own anything ... this way they will never be able to get the £30k and eventually they will give up on that debt if you file for bankruptcy and prove you have no way to re-pay it ...

The reason I'm suggesting the 2nd suggestion is not because I'm up to do these kind of fishy/fraudulent things. I just can't believe how those gambling establishments are legally allowed to create so many debts for people just like that ... what they do themselves is one big fishy/fraudulent thing... yes, it's legally allowed and some people would say "it's your fault" but although they are not breaking the law - they are acting in a very very bad faith against so many people, that's why if it was possible and I were in your shoes I wouldn't feel sorry for them wasting solicitor fees and such trying to get hold on money I don't own and cannot have.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave dontknowhowtobet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dontknowhowtobet

I would advise you to not listen to people here who have no idea how things work in the UK and never even lived in the UK for more than a few days coming there as tourists!

I lived in the UK for 5 years and I know how life is there and how the system works. I am also a student in a UK university (using distance learning) and I learned a thing or two.

Usually when you ask something on a forum, the answers you might get would not be reliable or cannot be verified as reliable ones ... many of the people here just like to joke around ... they are they type of gamblers who bet $10 on a total over/under on the NBA or Tennis and making most noise about it ... the silent readers are those who bet $1000 on the NBA or Tennis or anything, losing lots of money and keep it quiet.

Just don't take what people tell you here too seriously ... they have no clue how the UK system works, they are coming from a different planet, so just ignore them and let them stay and remain on the planet where they are at.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

stage your own death

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Dont be a shithead. Pay up.
    Loser.
    The one's being a shithead is the gambling industry, preying on people like him who have to deal with this debt.
    Personally I don't think it's such a bad idea to give them troubles, don't pay them, and make them spend lots of money on solicitors who would end up getting nothing if the guy has no assets and 100% of his income is used for living.

I don't believe in a system that is designed against you created by greedy people who want to take other people's money as much and as quick as they can.

Being a shithead for not paying is when you don't pay someone for his work, don't pay for services you take, don't pay for a bus ticket and so forth ... not paying to the gambling industry is a great thing, I would encourage it instead of calling the wrong people 'shitheads' because that is utterly rubbish and idiotic claim.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swaggy P

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

This is pretty interesting as I never really knew that there were legit credit books in countries that have legal sports betting. I just always assume they were post up or you could use your *********** if you wanted to bet on credit.

So essentially the book acts as a book and a credit agency that can legally pursue your assets if you default? that's pretty awesome and shitty at the same time.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Preach! dontknowhowto

dontknowhowtobet

No, they won't do that.
    Don't worry about it.

You're living in the UK, not in the US.
    It doesn't work like that in the UK, definitely not with SpreadEX.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    The one's being a shithead is the gambling industry, preying on people like him who have to deal with this debt.
    Personally I don't think it's such a bad idea to give them troubles, don't pay them, and make them spend lots of money on solicitors who would end up getting nothing if the guy has no assets and 100% of his income is used for living.

I don't believe in a system that is designed against you created by greedy people who want to take other people's money as much and as quick as they can.

Being a shithead for not paying is when you don't pay someone for his work, don't pay for services you take, don't pay for a bus ticket and so forth ... not paying to the gambling industry is a great thing, I would encourage it instead of calling the wrong people 'shitheads' because that is utterly rubbish and idiotic claim.
    If you beat up the book for 30k profit and wanna cash it and they duck you.... then what? I thought so. Youre Pissed. And cry and whine. Be a man.
    Hes in debt due to noone's fault but his own. Pay the debt. If you didnt have the money to pay it then DONT fukkin bet. Check into rehab. Get a life outside of this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kmarinouofm

dontknowhowtobet

If you beat up the book for 30k profit and wanna cash it and they duck you.... then what? I thought so. Youre Pissed. And cry and whine. Be a man.
    Hes in debt due to noone's fault but his own. Pay the debt. If you didnt have the money to pay it then DONT fukkin bet. Check into rehab. Get a life outside of this.
    No, unfortunately that is not always the case as you're trying to portray.
    I know someone who won $50,000 with a bookmaker and the bookmaker is refusing to pay him out. I'm just not allowed to talk about it here since that person is dealing with SBR about that.

Bookmakers are not quick to payout. They find reasons why not to, they take their time, make you wait, asking for more documents, and many other things. Funny enough, there was one bookmaker that told me they need 14 days to approve my documents before processing a withdrawal. I said "fine, so self-exclude me then", they asked me why and I told them I had a gambling problem and they by surprise I got my withdrawal processed same day and all of my documents were approved because it was useless to them to make me wait whilst they know I cannot bet with them any longer.

They are not the most honest people on earth, they are there to TAKE your money, not to PAY you...

If this entire industry was a honest and decent industry, then by all means I would have agreed with you.
    But this goes both ways.
    You need to understand this doesn't work one way only, and that is why I'm not a big advocator of paying debt to such scumbags.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Guy should pay no doubt. Payment plan if necessary.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

I know someone who won $50,000 with a bookmaker and the bookmaker is refusing to pay him out. I'm just not allowed to talk about it here since that person is dealing with SBR about that.

Bookmakers are not quick to payout. They find reasons why not to, they take their time, make you wait, asking for more documents, and many other things. Funny enough, there was one bookmaker that told me they need 14 days to approve my documents before processing a withdrawal. I said "fine, so self-exclude me then", they asked me why and I told them I had a gambling problem and they by surprise I got my withdrawal processed same day and all of my documents were approved because it was useless to them to make me wait whilst they know I cannot bet with them any longer.

They are not the most honest people on earth, they are there to TAKE your money, not to PAY you...

If this entire industry was a honest and decent industry, then by all means I would have agreed with you.
    But this goes both ways.
    You need to understand this doesn't work one way only, and that is why I'm not a big advocator of paying debt to such scumbags.
    depends on the bookmaker, if u choose wisely 50k isn't that hard to work out and get it in ur hands fairly quickly..choose wisely and u don't have to worry about getting paid, even large amounts without any hassle at all
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-25-14 at 12:29 AM.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

But this goes both ways.
    I didnt say he had to pay it all back fast.
    But running away is for pussies. He made his bed, he now needs to lay in it. Pay the damn debt. Noone should have been monitoring his betting except himself.
    If you eat McDonald's all the time, will McDonald's cut you off? No. Gotta learn self control or he help.

You're right, their job isnt to pay you. Their job is to make money. Why would they want to cut off someone who is too fukkin stupid to quit betting when they cant win?
    Points Awarded:

Triple_D_Bet gave THam12 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet gave THam12 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet gave THam12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didnt you just make a thread today bragging about how you are now an SBR pro? If you hate the industry so much why be a part of it ? Bettors can try and win the houses money but the house can't do the same? From reading your posts you seem to have three or four personalities. Troubling part is I don't like any of them.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Didnt you just make a thread today bragging about how you are now an SBR pro? If you hate the industry so much why be a part of it ? Bettors can try and win the houses money but the house can't do the same? From reading your posts you seem to have three or four personalities. Troubling part is I don't like any of them.
    I was glad I am a pro at SBR.
    This is a forum, not a gambling establishment.
    At least here everyone's free and entitled to speak and express his own opinion, am I not right?

The thread I made by the way was NOT from today so get your facts straightened up first.
    Also as you can appreciate I am no longer gambling.
    I used the money I deposited to become pro to bet on one side, deposited same amount elsewhere and lost 10% of that amount, but did not lose the entire amount of money.

In fact, the bookmaker I was using was processing withdrawals like 21 days after your first deposit, so I've decided to bet 100 on one NBA side, then 100 on another, making the bet wins on the other site that pays within 24 hours (in fact immediately) so I won't have to wait to get this money back.

Unfortunately the bet was winning with the other site so I had to do it again and then it "worked".
    So as you can see, I wasn't gambling, I "bought" my PRO status for less than 10 pounds, and I'm happy with that.

dontknowhowtobet

and lost 10% of that amount
    Not because of gambling but because that's how bookmakers make money.
    You bet 100 to win 190, not 200.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I didnt say he had to pay it all back fast.
    But running away is for pussies. He made his bed, he now needs to lay in it. Pay the damn debt. Noone should have been monitoring his betting except himself.
    If you eat McDonald's all the time, will McDonald's cut you off? No. Gotta learn self control or he help.

You're right, their job isnt to pay you. Their job is to make money. Why would they want to cut off someone who is too fukkin stupid to quit betting when they cant win?
    Tham gets it If you give your word to someone, dishonest or no, you keep it...otherwise you're just as bad. Similarly, if you expect to be paid winnings, pay up when you lose. People have to accept the consequences of their actions and live honorably; anything else is just making excuses to be the same kind of scumbags they claim to despise

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Make sure you are packing heat seriouosly. No way I wouldn't be strapped at all times owing 30K
    do not think private citizens can keep firearms at home in UK---have to keep them at private shooting range.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

What a money spinner this trick must be. Offering 30k credit to a problem gambler is predatory. Surprised they don't need some sort of money license before they can enforce those sort of debts.

Player needs legal advice by sounds but I'd guess ignoring them or saying you won't pay is probably exactly what they want you to do. Offering them a payment plan like 10 pounds per week, or making a new excuse that you will pay soon every time they ask, like books do to players, is likely the best way to deal with them.

Saying you wont pay or not replying to any court notice will just make the process move along faster for them.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What a money spinner this trick must be. Offering 30k credit to a problem gambler is predatory. Surprised they don't need some sort of money license before they can enforce those sort of debts.

Player needs legal advice by sounds but I'd guess ignoring them or saying you won't pay is probably exactly what they want you to do. Offering them a payment plan like 10 pounds per week, or making a new excuse that you will pay soon every time they ask, like books do to players, is likely the best way to deal with them.

Saying you wont pay or not replying to any court notice will just make the process move along faster for them.
    He definitely needs to respond but he needs to prove he cannot repay anything.
    It is possible.

12 Last