stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Can somebody explain to me how they find this crap mildly entertaining? Of the four day games so far three teams were shutout, another mustered ONE huge run. Can't believe I wasted an afternoon watching this trash.
    You do realize there are 2,430 games played every season, and you are basing it on four games.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

baseball still kills soccer even though there were some decent games today, madrid win everton 2-3

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You do realize there are 2,430 games played every season, and you are basing it on four games.
    this guy is clueless

he probably lost money on all those games and now needs something to complain about

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    yes I'd rather watch good pitching any day
    Fuk yeah.
    Watch Darvish v. King tonight, if you don't like that matchup you don't like sports.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

1) football 2) basketball 3) tennis (women's{for the skirts}) 4) baseball 5) soccer 6) golf 7) watching paint dry

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    this guy is clueless

he probably lost money on all those games and now needs something to complain about
    You're a moron. Your argument is baseball is great cause the NFL/NBA/soccer aren't as good. If you're going to be such a fukin blowhard about your love for baseball, at least learn to argue better than a fourth grader.

You mad bro

You're a moron. Your argument is baseball is great cause the NFL/NBA/soccer aren't as good. If you're going to be such a fukin blowhard about your love for baseball, at least learn to argue better than a fourth grader.
    i never said baseball was the greatest sport to watch on TV .. i am simply asking you what makes other sports more entertaining than baseball?

i gave you a list of sports and shit that goes on and you think those are more entertaining? if so, then so be it ...

but the fact that you say baseball is boring because there is no scoring within 4 games is just absolutely dumb

there have been times where they had soccer games on all day and all the scores were 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 after 90 minutes ... yeah thats really entertaining to most people but the others dont sit on an online forum and cry about it. instead of crying about it they just dont watch the sport.

stop being a fukkin moron already

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    1) football 2) basketball 3) tennis (women's{for the skirts}) 4) baseball 5) soccer 6) golf 7) watching paint dry
    No hockey?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    No hockey?
    oh shiat. hockey is definitely up there, probably after baskets. lots of action and hard hitting and exciting finishes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    baseball is losing steam. it does suck more now. only interested people watching this shit are gamblers and die-hard baseball fanatics.
    100% correct

games too long
    young generation losing interest and going to soccer more
    too expensive to go to games

sjm5122

i never said baseball was the greatest sport to watch on TV .. i am simply asking you what makes other sports more entertaining than baseball?

i gave you a list of sports and shit that goes on and you think those are more entertaining? if so, then so be it ...

but the fact that you say baseball is boring because there is no scoring within 4 games is just absolutely dumb

there have been times where they had soccer games on all day and all the scores were 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 after 90 minutes ... yeah thats really entertaining to most people but the others dont sit on an online forum and cry about it. instead of crying about it they just dont watch the sport.

stop being a fukkin moron already
    They don't show soccer games on US television 7 days a week for any league, nor is it on sportscenter for 75% of the show during the summer. And I understand that, soccer just isn't as popular in the US.

I'm simply asking a baseball fan, such as yourself (although you do seem to lack any ability to argue intelligently, so maybe someone else should give it a shot), to explain to me why baseball is popular enough to sustain itself and give these TV stations reason to broadcast it.

Cappinpicks

7 inning games works

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

They don't show soccer games on US television 7 days a week for any league, nor is it on sportscenter for 75% of the show during the summer. And I understand that, soccer just isn't as popular in the US.

I'm simply asking a baseball fan, such as yourself (although you do seem to lack any ability to argue intelligently, so maybe someone else should give it a shot), to explain to me why baseball is popular enough to sustain itself and give these TV stations reason to broadcast it.
    God i hope thats not really your question.
    Points Awarded:

shaggydog88 gave THam12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

You mad bro

absolutely fukkin pathetic

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    7 inning games works
    never happen, its a business. Longer fans are at park the more money they are likely to spend

sjm5122

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    God i hope thats not really your question.
    Why? They don't broadcast MLS, on any major network for the most part, and I would put that mostly garbage product on par with baseball. Yet I see baseball on major networks almost every night. Just because it's "america's pasttime"? Is that why baseball is so popular even today? cause as far as entertainment value I see nothing until playoffs.

Cappinpicks

lol not a soul had Dbacks and they still get shutout -150

You mad bro

Why? They don't broadcast MLS, on any major network for the most part, and I would put that mostly garbage product on par with baseball. Yet I see baseball on major networks almost every night. Just because it's "america's pasttime"? Is that why baseball is so popular even today? cause as far as entertainment value I see nothing until playoffs.
    you are a moron

sjm5122

you are a moron

cool man, enjoy fatass prince fielder "running" the bases or watching CC Sabathia scratch his crotch for the hundredth time between pitches.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can somebody explain to me how they find this crap mildly entertaining? Of the four day games so far three teams were shutout, another mustered ONE huge run. Can't believe I wasted an afternoon watching this trash.
    its 3x as entertaining as soccer sorry but it is though its a slow game that's much much better live. people say that about most sporting events but baseball is really a lot better. Lucky for me I get to watch the Dodgers back to being the Dodgers ....the McCourt era was tough.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Baseball will always be broadcast more than soccer in this country.
    Its a simple answer- revenue.
    Baseball = money
    Soccer does not.

teaserpleaser

They broadcast it because people still watch it ... Fact is its old fan base is dying its not popular in inner cities and with youth as a whole but its not a bad television product check out the Tv deal the Dodgers landed you think that spending spree was out of the kindness of their heart.

sjm5122

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Baseball will always be broadcast more than soccer in this country.
    Its a simple answer- revenue.
    Baseball = money
    Soccer does not.
    Yeah I understand that. I was trying to get a reason(s) why baseball remains, for the most part, popular. And what people find so entertaining about it. The "live" reasoning is somewhat understandable, I'll go to a game every now and then and it's a decent experience. But I don't see how it is anything more than background TV for most people. It certainly is for me. I find very few baseball games entertaining enough for it to be something I can intently watch.

teaserpleaser

cool man, enjoy fatass prince fielder "running" the bases or watching CC Sabathia scratch his crotch for the hundredth time between pitches.
    cool dude enjoy watching fatass wayne rooney jog up and down the field giving the thumbs up after missing yet another goal lets be honest soccer is a horrible sport with the rules the way they are refs that can add or take away as much time as they see fit, guys flopping all over the place at the slightest contact dudes faking injurys to blow time. I could go on for a while .

sjm5122

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    cool dude enjoy watching fatass wayne rooney jog up and down the field giving the thumbs up after missing yet another goal lets be honest soccer is a horrible sport with the rules the way they are refs that can add or take away as much time as they see fit, guys flopping all over the place at the slightest contact dudes faking injurys to blow time. I could go on for a while .
    Rooney = 175lbs
    Prince = 275lbs

And yes, diving in soccer blows, can't argue with you on that one. But missing yet another goal? Do you realize how often baseball players "fail" with RISP. But I never started this thread for a soccer Vs Baseball argument.

teaserpleaser

Rooney = 175lbs
    Prince = 275lbs

And yes, diving in soccer blows, can't argue with you on that one. But missing yet another goal? Do you realize how often baseball players "fail" with RISP. But I never started this thread for a soccer Vs Baseball argument.
    I hear you wayne doesn't have a bit of a belly? anyways I hear you not to go there but its a cultural thing us Yanks liking baseball like you guys like soccer was just trying to break it down to show you in terms you could understand. Baseball is a game of failure if you can find success abat 3 out of 10 times over the course of a season that was a pretty good season if you can do it over the course of a career you're most likely a hall of famer. Baseballs not that bad of a watch I grew up playing it since t-ball through JC so I could be a little biased I lived in Thailand and London for a hot second both huge on Soccer I didn't really care for it but I understand its a cultural thing.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hi bet it just for the hell of it has some action going

The summers are long and without gambling what would we do??

As far as betting it it's a losing prop if you do it day today

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It's too cold for baseball. Wait until the summer to see some high scoring games.

stevenash

Baseball is a thinking mans game, either you get it, or you don't.

Soccer will never warm up to the American public, they like scoring, they don't get off on 4 minute volley midfield kicks back and forth.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

well baseball viewership continues to fall so it keep losing interest

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

I haven't watched a game in years. Too damn long and Boring for me

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    You know nothing about soccer.
    Just be quiet.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Baseball is a thinking mans game, either you get it, or you don't.

Soccer will never warm up to the American public, they like scoring, they don't get off on 4 minute volley midfield kicks back and forth.
    Lol volley midfield kicks? Cmon.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

i don't find soccer interesting. anything that can be played on a dirt lot with a goat bladder stuffed with straw and 4 pepsi cans, count me out

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    i don't find soccer interesting. anything that can be played on a dirt lot with a goat bladder stuffed with straw and 4 pepsi cans, count me out

First 123 Last